Horizons Getting a 2nd account.

Going about getting a 2nd account.

I have been toying with the idea of getting a 2nd account.
I was in Premium Beta so of course I had Elite Dangerous and now the 2.0 Horizons upgrade.

If I want another account in Horizons, I'm guessing I must buy Horizons again (I don't have the Steam version btw, I use the good old ED Launcher.)
That being the case, obviously I will need to use a differeny email address, password and CMDR name. Fine.

So, do I have to buy Horizons at the full £39.99 price and will I still be entitled to the £10 discount as I already own the game albeit under another account ?
And I take it I can switch accounts just be logging in with whichever credentials from the launcher.

Last edited:
I installed my second commander in a different drive, that way I have a launcher for each "commander", no need for changing log-in details (and maybe re-verification each time?).

The customized settings (controls, graphics and options) are all common so there is no need to two of those "AppData" structures.

Don't know about the £10 discount, I wouldn't have thought so though as it is a new account, not an upgrade - still, have a try you might get lucky. ;)

Good point about the re-verification thing.
Well I think I'd be tempted if the £10 offer stood but would understand why if it didn't as FD cannot be sure it's for me for a 2nd account I suppose.
So I may wait until at some point in the future if Steam decide to do a little sale on Horizons then grab it then.

I didn't know about the need to purchase with a second email, so purchased again through the same account. Realized later it was an error as I couldn't log in, but in this way I did get my discount.

Support had to move my new purchase to a second account I created with a new mail, but I could keep my discount. They were really fast and nice, even in the middle of the horizons launch chaos...

Top Bottom