Getting more out of my computer

Hello all! I feel like I have a decently powerful computer and I was just wondering if you guys can give me any tips or tricks to dedicate my computer to almost all of planet coaster? It's the only thing I use this computer for. I'm not sure what I need to post that shows my specs but I'll post a couple of photos of what I have. Thanks!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Oohh......not good....not good at all......

Your computer can't even put pictures up that aren't broken.....

I think you're screwed mate...

What are the minimum specs required to play the Planet Coaster alpha?

You will need the following minimum spec in order to play the alpha:

• Windows 7 64bit or newer
  • Intel Core i5 -2300, AMD FX-4300 or better
  • 8GB Ram
  • Nvidia GTX 560 / ATI Radeon 7850 Graphics card with 2GB of Graphics Memory or better

It’s important to remember that this is an alpha and during that process there are both optimisations and new feature additions which can change minimum and recommended specs considerably. So these are likely to change over time.

I'm not sure what I need to post that shows my specs but I'll post a couple of photos of what I have.

If you don't know your specs, we can't really help. What are your pictures supposed to tell us?

Last edited:
Well I tried posting the picture of the specs but I can't seem to get the picture to work so I'll just post the specs: Processeror: AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz, Windows 10 64-bit

Hello all! I feel like I have a decently powerful computer and I was just wondering if you guys can give me any tips or tricks to dedicate my computer to almost all of planet coaster? It's the only thing I use this computer for. I'm not sure what I need to post that shows my specs but I'll post a couple of photos of what I have. Thanks!

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/webkit-fake-url://0e2edf93-5e9d-4cff-9ef4-a18f18ed3da1/imagejpeg

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/webkit-fake-url://5cbb87e8-799d-47ef-bbd3-67fc5aab2dac/imagejpeg
your images are not found code 404

Last edited:
Good news, is your CPU is a small bit faster than the minimum. You have a combination processor and graphics on one chip. Bad news is the Radeon R7 graphics part of the chip is much much slower than the minimum requirement of a Geforce GTX 560. Do you have an additional dedicated graphics card you didn't list out for us?

I don't know of any software fixes to make your PC faster. It really needs faster hardware, like a new graphics card. You don't say whether you have a laptop or desktop. Laptops are not normally upgradeable, but the desktop may be.

Run dxdiag.exe from the search bar in the Windows start menu. Click the button "save all information". Open the text file and paste all the information in a new post. That'll give us a better idea of what you have.

Edit: If you have a link to the computer you bought, so we can see what it is, that will further help us help you.

Last edited:
Good news, is your CPU is a small bit faster than the minimum. You have a combination processor and graphics on one chip. Bad news is the Radeon R7 graphics part of the chip is much much slower than the minimum requirement of a Geforce GTX 560. Do you have an additional dedicated graphics card you didn't list out for us?

I don't know of any software fixes to make your PC faster. It really needs faster hardware, like a new graphics card. You don't say whether you have a laptop or desktop. Laptops are not normally upgradeable, but the desktop may be.

Run dxdiag.exe from the search bar in the Windows start menu. Click the button "save all information". Open the text file and paste all the information in a new post. That'll give us a better idea of what you have.

Edit: If you have a link to the computer you bought, so we can see what it is, that will further help us help you.
I'm pretty sure this was the one but I'll do the dxdiag.exe too
https://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/sto...FcW7a7A==&ddkey=http:AjaxOrderItemDisplayView

My specs are 4gb i3 3ghz and gtx550ti. And the game runs great at medium.

I think Frontier should look up the dictionary definition of the word 'Minimum'.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/minimum

My graphics card is well under that listed above yet I still manage to play PC..... very strange..... [tongue]

I think they are just fair in what they say. And besides if my park was full with all the detailing I like to do I think my comp will struggle :p

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/5/2016, 16:36:42
Machine name: DESKTOP-715EUT1
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160422-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: 750-140z
BIOS: A0.06
Processor: AMD A10-8750 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8138MB RAM
Page File: 1652MB used, 7765MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

If you need the rest of the information let me know.

Last edited:
Hi there . You PC has a PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0): slot on the motherboard . Can you check and see if you actually have a video card ? Also download open hardware monitor ( http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ ) and run it in the background while playing PC .

check these and report back .

cpu speed
video card core speed max, memory used max
system memory amount available and while playing PC .

I'm subscribed to this thread, so I saw the full dxdiag before it was trimmed down.

This bit below would suggest you do have a dedicated graphics card the Nvidia GeForce GTX 745. I did some searching on Google and it looks like that card is just a hair slower than the minimum recommended GTX 560, your card is newer though.

You could try reducing the resolution in Windows. Instead of the widescreen 1920x1080 you could pick 1366x768 or a 4:3 resolution 1436x1080. Your graphics card will have less pixels to draw that way. The game won't look as sharp doing that, but the frames per second should be higher.

Otherwise, buying atleast a new GPU is in order. Or waiting for release and hoping the game is more optimized, and more quality setting adjusters in the graphics options.
"-------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 745
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1382&SUBSYS_6893103C&REV_A2
Display Memory: 8104 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4035 MB
Shared Memory: 4068 MB
Current Mode: 1842 x 1036 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ORION
Monitor Id: ORN1209
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(i) (60.053Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5887 (English)
Driver Version: 10.18.13.5887
DDI Version: 12
Feature Levels: 11.0,10.1,10.0,9.3,9.2,9.1
Driver Model: WDDM 2.0
Graphics Preemption: DMA
Compute Preemption: DMA
Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
Hybrid Graphics GPU: Not Supported
Power P-states: Not Supported
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 11/2/2015 12:00:00 AM, 15839200 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes