Getting the Best DK2/CV1/Vive VR Experience: Guide/Compendium

Use the oculus debug tool to set pixel density anywhere from 1.5x to 2x and ignore in game SS, which really isn't SS at all, but the pixel density thing has the same clarifying effect as the old SS did preCV1. Set everything to max. Be prepared to be blown away

Use the oculus debug tool to set pixel density anywhere from 1.5x to 2x and ignore in game SS, which really isn't SS at all, but the pixel density thing has the same clarifying effect as the old SS did preCV1. Set everything to max. Be prepared to be blown away

Awesome. Thanks!

Follow up question. I'm following the instructions from Road to VR. It states to start the game from within Oculus Home. I typically use the Frontier Launcher. Will it be a problem?

Secondly, do I need to open the Debug Tool each time I'm going to play Elite?

Follow up question. I'm following the instructions from Road to VR. It states to start the game from within Oculus Home. I typically use the Frontier Launcher. Will it be a problem?

Secondly, do I need to open the Debug Tool each time I'm going to play Elite?

1. Nope, just make sure the debug tool is running and set to your preference before launching the game from the Frontier launcher.
2. Yep, see 1

To all thread subscribers! Finally got round to overhauling this thread. Broke the tweaks down into which headsets the work on, and added 2 amazingly important tweaks that apply to CV1 and Vive. Please check them out.

Also added my EDProfiler tool, made with VR users in mind, and with love. Please check that out here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...r-Robust-Settings-Profiler-Switcher-Detector!
Donations always help :)

Thanks for the thread update. I noticed the Pixel Density tweak instructions differ from the version on Road to VR. That site states Oculus Home needs to be opened before the Debug Tool, then suggests closing the Debug Tool after starting the game. I'll assume you're way works best, but I just wanted to throw that out.

The debug tool pixel density setting also works wonders for DK2. That should be in your "works for all 3" section.

The debug tool pixel density setting also works wonders for DK2. That should be in your "works for all 3" section.

Great. I also need to remove the stuff that only worked in extended mode. I'm not near a pc for a while so hopefully won't confuse too many people

Hey all, newbie here and wondering if there is a recommended HUD color for Rift CV1?

I see that there is a recommendation in the OP for the DK2 but not sure if that's applicable to the cv1 or not.

Hey all, newbie here and wondering if there is a recommended HUD color for Rift CV1?

I see that there is a recommendation in the OP for the DK2 but not sure if that's applicable to the cv1 or not.

No, the CV1 can have any HUD colours so go have fun finding one. I linked the NO2O thread which collects avatar friendly schemes.

I use these settings:
Capture.jpg

Which look like this: http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/#theme_0.05_0.25_0.6_0_1_0_1_0_0

Everything on absolute Max, except SS, which is 1.0 and I set the pixel density via the debug tool to 1.75 most of the time. I might do it all of the time once 2.2 drops as the performance in stations is excellent. See the post above

Ditto, exciting times!

One quick question, does anyone know about audio quality issues when not launching ED through Oculus Home as mentioned in this post ..

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...culus-steam-or-launcher?p=4575397#post4575397

I don't see it mentioned in the OP here.

Wow, never noticed that thanks! I've been getting lots of latency crackling in ED. I am going to see now if this fixes the issue and if it does, it goes right to the OP.

FYI, in the game's .exe folder there is a file called AudioConfiguration.xml

Open it and edit the {AudioAPI}0{/AudioAPI} field to 1
replace } with >

That's basically the instructions.

By the way what sort of delivery times are Rift kits going at right now? Did you get it quickly?

Following a bit of a John Lewis debacle ..

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ointment-utter-excitement-and-a-rash-purchase

.. I ordered it from Amazon last Friday and it arrived yesterday. So 5 days for me.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Wow, never noticed that thanks! I've been getting lots of latency crackling in ED. I am going to see now if this fixes the issue and if it does, it goes right to the OP.

FYI, in the game's .exe folder there is a file called AudioConfiguration.xml

Open it and edit the {AudioAPI}0{/AudioAPI} field to 1
replace } with >

That's basically the instructions.

Sounds like a job for EDProfiler!

Last edited:
Top Bottom