Getting the Best DK2/CV1/Vive VR Experience: Guide/Compendium

Yeah sorry, I found it since, I don't know how I didn't see it before either...

Makes a big difference, I can run the game on 'VR Ultra' with HMDQ at 1.5, just need to drop it on planets. Only problem is I'm still getting the freezes / SteamVR loading screen popups during FSD jumps, is this normal, it seems like it's when the game is loading the next system or something? I can't seem to get rid of it, even putting the settings down to low doesn't seem to affect it.

Had the same issue and managed to find the setting that disables this abomination.

Load SteamVR. Click the top-left menu button on the small "Now Playing" SteamVR window that opens.
Go to Settings>Developer>Check "Do not fade to grid when app hangs"

This will stop the annoying "SteamVR" loading nonsense when jumping to new systems etc.

Had the same issue and managed to find the setting that disables this abomination.

Load SteamVR. Click the top-left menu button on the small "Now Playing" SteamVR window that opens.
Go to Settings>Developer>Check "Do not fade to grid when app hangs"

This will stop the annoying "SteamVR" loading nonsense when jumping to new systems etc.

Oh yeah! Found that myself yesterday too :)

It helps but I still notice the times when it would've happened as now the game just freezes for a split second which is still annoying, but not as bad. I don't know if what I am experiencing is this issue or something else, it doesn't seem to be hardware related as dropping the settings has no effect, and that issue is marked as fixed so I guess it couldn't be that...

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Would any 2080ti user care to share a screenshot of their EDProfiler VR profile? I've 2080ti FE/i5-8600K but can only get HDM Image Quality to about 1.75 before Oculus AWS kicks in at 45 fps. Below are my settings:

This guide appears to be outdated.

Also, what's the position on Sweetfx and reshade now with VR? Most links and guides I find are several years old, so I don't know if the recommendations I've found are still credible.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom