Gharial Movement

This would be a really great Change. Not completely sure but isn't the Saltwater Crocodile also having a way too Alligator like Walk?

Yeah, not gonna happen. If they decided to use the same crocodille rig and animations to save resources way before the game was released, I doubt they would want to invest them now, 2 years after the game was released, for an animal from base game.

Yeah, not gonna happen. If they decided to use the same crocodille rig and animations to save resources way before the game was released, I doubt they would want to invest them now, 2 years after the game was released, for an animal from base game.
I guess you're right, it would add more realism to what is a bizarre and cool creature

It's also not practical. It would take them forever to get around the habitat this way.

I think about this too but honestly i don’t think they’d do it. They’re in the water most of the time so I personally don’t notice it and it doesn’t bother me that much. Maybe for PZ2

This has been suggested several times since the beta, and like the gorilla-like locomotion of the orangutan it seems very difficult to pull off without unique rigs and sadly not likely to happen.

add more less humanised looking animals
Eh, debatable. The stylization works when done well (See how much personality the primates have, as well as the bears lookin' all gruff and stuff), but when done not as well (see: Lion), it leaves a lot to be desired. People always want hyper realism until they realize it doesn't age well, and PZ will hit that age in a few years or so. Stylization always makes sure a game holds up well meanwhile striving for the best looking, most realistic product, will always be left outdated before the next gen even started.

Eh, debatable. The stylization works when done well (See how much personality the primates have, as well as the bears lookin' all gruff and stuff), but when done not as well (see: Lion), it leaves a lot to be desired. People always want hyper realism until they realize it doesn't age well, and PZ will hit that age in a few years or so. Stylization always makes sure a game holds up well meanwhile striving for the best looking, most realistic product, will always be left outdated before the next gen even started.
I actually think the less stylized (though still somewhat stylized) bears and lions from the announcement trailer looked so much better. I wander why they were scrapped.

I actually think the less stylized (though still somewhat stylized) bears and lions from the announcement trailer looked so much better. I wander why they were scrapped.
Well now I gotta recommend to you the remasters done by Havok, Gabboi, and more! They do such a good job at recapturing the realistic look to so many of the cats and bears in the game if you're into it <3

Top Bottom