Parks Ghastly Gulch!

So I took some of your advice and developed Ghost Mine into a full themed section of a park, Ghastly Gulch. Ghastly Gulch is home to Ghost Mine: The Legend Lives, of course, but there is something there for everyone, young and old. Toward the front of the section we see the L'il Stampede carousel, the Horseless Carriages antique car ride, and one of two train stations linking the front and back sections via the Ghastly Gulch Express. On the back end we find the RMC hybrid thriller Timber Beast, the popular log flume darkride Firestorm Falls, and a heavily themed S & S Screaming Swing, The Excavator.

First, here are some overview shots:

VOMfxII.jpg

63Vti4Y.jpg

AJowsre.jpg

So here are the attractions located on the map:

Ghost Mine:

Ea4smI1.jpg

Timber Beast:

Dk1uP1s.jpg

Firestorm Falls:

prVkkFc.jpg

Ghastly Gulch Express:

w6dQUKG.jpg

More screenshots and videos soon! Here's a teaser of Timber Beast's final turn as viewed from Firestorm Falls:

8aNkuel.jpg

Last edited:
So I took some of your advice and developed Ghost Mine into a full themed section of a park, G

Very nifty!

I have a question.... I had heard previously that dark rides such as your Ghost Mine needed to be buried deep to be really dark inside, but you have buildings on the surface. So I'm confused. How do you get rides dark without burying them?

Very nifty!

I have a question.... I had heard previously that dark rides such as your Ghost Mine needed to be buried deep to be really dark inside, but you have buildings on the surface. So I'm confused. How do you get rides dark without burying them?

Well...you are correct. I raised land over the rides but then built show building facades over the raised land to hide it. [big grin]

Deleted member 48540

D
HA! That is a neat trick I need to remember! Looking really good [happy]

Ghastly Gulch - Beyond Ghost Mine...the legend of the Timber Beast!

So the story of Ghastly Gulch didn't end with the legend of Ghost Mine. Many other disasters and mysteries have happened in the region over the years.

One of which revolves around the legend of a mysterious creature in the woods. Some local folks whisper about Sasquatch, but some say a great monstrous bear is attacking hikers in the forest caves. Who knows? Often, folks hear growls and animal cries in the forest. Do you dare venture up the ridge into the woods?

Here are some shots of Timber Beast. It is an extreme ride through tunnels and forests. Beware!

eZ4GqPx.jpg

TtHj5qk.jpg

oEi45cV.jpg

KIw8ltt.jpg

Watch your head!!

6445vLR.jpg

stay tuned!

Last edited:
Well...you are correct. I raised land over the rides but then built show building facades over the raised land to hide it. [big grin]

Ah, thanks :) That's a nifty trick. I guess whether you use it or not depends on how lumpy the dark ride's burial mound is, and whether you want it to be scenery for the rest of the park or not.

BTW, I really liked the terrain sculpting to make the beast mouth on that coaster and look forward to a vid of the Timber Beast.

Timber Beast POV is here!

Timber Beast POV is here! Merry Christmas, everyone!

[video=youtube;cbh_UcnlWMw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbh_UcnlWMw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Park screenshots

Hmmmm...well...how about some screenshots from around the park?

The new area in the back, with Firestorm Falls, The Excavator, and the station for The Ghastly Gulch Express

cgwyqM5.jpg

The mouth of the Beast, the lair of the creature, as seen from Firestorm Falls:

59vudeu.jpg

nWIru90.jpg

The view of the valley from the top:

fVarChF.jpg

Crowded day at the park:

TMLrWhf.jpg

The Excavator:

y75RYeC.jpg

show building :

The large building in the middle houses a big surprise for guests riding the train. The Ghastly Gulch Express isn't merely a transport ride from A to B; it is a full darkride adventure taking riders back to the Spring of 1852 to the very moment that the great earthquake swallows up the town.

80tJlEt.jpg

qamVrJv.jpg

hgy8as0.jpg

Brilliant, as always buddy. I've wanted to see what else was in Ghastly Gulch for years so it's really great to finally be seeing it. [big grin]

Thanks, guys. Decided to make a video of Timber Beast in the daytime. Just raw video...no added sounds or anything.

I'll post some new screenshots soon.

[video=youtube;JYsmaWjezN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsmaWjezN8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So I enhanced the backstage areas a bit...trying for a little more realism before I release the park file. So for all you show building geeks like me, here are some screenies! (sorry if some shots are duplicates)

9YlE3OP.jpg

eon7Exy.jpg

oO1FwoV.jpg

mYP0PX9.jpg

5Sm9wRy.jpg

FfY4jF8.jpg

nSc7bie.jpg

Last edited:
Pay no attention to the little man behind the curtain! I am the great and powerful....... oh... :D

Anyway, I know this is how they do it in real life, but in the game, I can't help but look at all that and think those buildings and employee parking lots are taking up valuable real estate I could be using the make money. So I'd try to figure a way to pour dirt over all that and then build another layer of rides on top.

The Legend is back to play some Planet Coaster. Could this year end better? NO.

Great work!!! And to make a whole park out of it was the best idea. Well done! First project and already a masterpiece :D

Thanks, guys!

I made a video of the themed log flume, Firestorm Falls. It isn't the best ride in the park, but the peeps like it. It always has the longest lines. It loosely tells the story of a big wildfire that destroyed much of the forest around the region many years ago. I hope you like it.

[video=youtube;tP5mkrlAYqo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP5mkrlAYqo[/video]

I made a video of the themed log flume, Firestorm Falls. It isn't the best ride in the park, but the peeps like it. It always has the longest lines. It loosely tells the story of a big wildfire that destroyed much of the forest around the region many years ago. I hope you like it.l]

Very nice! I take it the Timber Beast started the fire? Anyway, it was eerily similar to the recent disaster in Gatlinburg, TN. Which is a compliment. You pulled off the apocalyptic nature of such fires quite well.

I uploaded the park file for you guys to explore! Have fun! It is closed and the staff members are all happy and waiting for you to open the park and explore it.

NOTES: Ghost Mine must be running for its waterfall to turn on because it is a triggered thing...it triggers at the end of the ride so one car has to make the full circuit before it turns on.

Also, since the Winter Update, Ghost Mine no longer works properly. The timing shifted and now all the cars stall at the block brakes. I reported the bug but it was never addressed.

ixjD4tT.jpg

[URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836973842"]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=836973842[/URL]

Last edited:
Excellent news. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm diving straight in [big grin][heart][up]

Last edited:
Cool!

NOTES: Ghost Mine must be running for its waterfall to turn on because it is a triggered thing...it triggers at the end of the ride so one car has to make the full circuit before it turns on.

Also, since the Winter Update, Ghost Mine no longer works properly. The timing shifted and now all the cars stall at the block brakes. I reported the bug but it was never addressed.

Last edited:

Well, that's disappointing. I assume you adjusted the block brakes' speed and deceleration rates and still had no luck?

Still, I got this to dissect your dark ride scenery ideas, which still works. Thanks for uploading.

Top Bottom