Glass paths for guests

I’m hoping a frontier dev will read this!

One feature that I think would be superb would be a glass transparent path option for guests (which would appear alongside the current pathing options). This would be amazing to create tunnels underneath the paths or quieter spaces for the animals that can still be seen by guests.

Sounds like an easy thing to implement.

We already have glass, we already have pathing and not asking for new building features - would just appear next to our current options.

Like the idea.

It is an interesting idea, that's for sure. Are there real life examples in zoos? I know of some mountain walks and towers that have glass floors in areas so you can grasp how high up you are. I can't remember if I've ever been to a zoo that uses the same concept.

I can't remember if I've ever been to a zoo that uses the same concept.
Tbh, neither do I.. But I think this would work for a lot of people.

Steel grating / Mesh walk path is a bit more common (especially stairs), but it really gives an industrial look to it.
Maybe that's an option as well.

I’m hoping a frontier dev will read this!

One feature that I think would be superb would be a glass transparent path option for guests (which would appear alongside the current pathing options). This would be amazing to create tunnels underneath the paths or quieter spaces for the animals that can still be seen by guests.
I would LOVE to have this in the game!

It is an interesting idea, that's for sure. Are there real life examples in zoos? I know of some mountain walks and towers that have glass floors in areas so you can grasp how high up you are. I can't remember if I've ever been to a zoo that uses the same concept.
While it's at an aquarium, it's an american alligator exhibit that I remember there being one. There's a "path" where it's set up like docks at either end, and the center has a tunnel under it (in the water) with a glass path that you can look down to see some of them passing underneath, and a few other sections like that for other animals (I remember one for penguins and one for otters, the penguin one also went through a wall into an outdoor exhibit for them from the interior one and could be blocked off when needed).

Also, if I remember right, at the Cincinnati Zoo, the penguin exhibit right inside the entrance to the kids zoo area has some glass sections to look down into parts of the exhibit since the entire path for that part is raised up over the water sections.

Tbh, neither do I.. But I think this would work for a lot of people.

Steel grating / Mesh walk path is a bit more common (especially stairs), but it really gives an industrial look to it.
Maybe that's an option as well.

I should have probably added, I'm all for the idea in concept. Even if there are only a handful of examples from real-world zoos (or aquaria as @SotF points out) it's a very clever and immersive concept.

This is the beauty of playing this game in sandbox with a close zoo and forgetting the visitors, all of this is already possible. I would however like more glass sections of different shapes as building pieces, curving glass sections of different sizes, glass pieces that resemble the clarity of the ones found in the barrier system (the current glass pieces are way too dark, not ideal) Your feature however sounds cool for the game, good idea.

I have designed so many of these exhibits only to remember I can't do that and have to redesign so the animal goes over instead... I would really love to have invisible paths. Or even redesign guest pathing so they'll go anywhere accessible, the same as animals. ;)

Top Bottom