Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Well...hum... Not really. I landed alphazardly in teh POI zone and cross the moutains in SRV, using the coordinate and the scanner.
Recalling my ship made it float above the ground (but for some reason i was able to board).
And after that, by pure determination, i finally found a little place to land my Asp Explorer (it's easier than an Anaconda or my luxurious Orca).

Well, congratulations, you may be the first individual to find them in the live game!

Well, congratulations, you may be the first individual to find them in the live game!

...wait, the Tubeworms hadn't been found? If so, then I'm thinking this system may need a name that evokes some sort of worm and apple imagery. :D

Damn.. so assuming you're correct I could have been the first person in the live game to discover the worms had I just realized and turned my ship around.. Ah well! I propose we name then "Odenhorns"!

Thank for sharing !

The tubeworms are here in the non-beta, in the mountains of Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 1 C A :

Well done! We had started in the release research in the Galactic Core where the TubeWorms had been reported in the Codex and we had not found anything.

All congratulations are for CMDR Taen, who find this marvelous system and the tubeworms.
I only followed his step for confirm the GWGG and the alien life. I'm not a "real explorer" *take a sip*, just a tourist.

And the patch note devasted me.
Good bye beautiful Pink...You can see the difference in the post of Mist0...
How dare FDEv destroyed this oddity ? It was even "featured" in the newsletter n°247 ! And now they destroy them ? What next, "fixing" The Dryau Awesomes or Mitterrand Hollow ?
I'm not near (well, 5kly is sort of near... But i crashed the beta on the first jump) of any GMG in beta to look at this in detail. For the moment, i'm not really a fan of new lighting...

Is anyone in the beta is near the LemonLime Gas Giant ( BLIA EUP FG-Y G4 and Dryi Briae MN-T e3-3809 ), the Golden Gas Giant ( Eotchops AB-O e6-1068 ) or the Orange Gas Giant ( Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561 ) for checking the visual effects ?

From the patch notes

Is anyone in the beta near one of the luminous pink giant listed in this thread to see what changes have occured?

As noted above by Mist0, GMGs have now been killed. And it is confirmed as a deliberate removal by FD, rather than an accidental by-product of the new lighting scheme:

Hello Commanders,

Please find the beta patch notes for the second week of beta.

Stellar Forge

• Fixed some Class V gas giants being overly bright pink

So we shall have to assume that, unless FD change their mind, this will be how all GMGs will appear once 3.3 goes live. So, if you want to see a GMG and get some screenshots before they all turn into Non-Glowing Bluish-Beige Gas Giants, get out there in the non-Beta game now while you still can!

Logically, GGGs are "protected" from being "fixed", as they are fully in the canon now (with a Tourist Beacon at GGG3 actually called "Radioactive Green"). But as we all know, sometimes the left hand of FD doesn't know what the right hand has canonized.

And I will edit in the newly discovered GGG9 (Taen's Planet) later tonight (Australia time).

What are the coordinates for the tubeworms on Eimbaith LW-W e1-290?

They are on Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 1 C A at -31.15, 134.16

Just be warned, the terrain is pretty terrible around them. I never did find a nearby landing spot. I found one other planet with Tube Worms somewhere in the vicinity. PM me if you'd like me to dig that up for you.

Just for the record, and particularly important for the folks at EDSM and GMP: though GMGs are going to be edited away, Ed Lewis has confirmed that GGGs are now considered "canonical" and they have no intentions to edit, delete or patch them away. Post in thread is here. Relevant quote:

...We also fix issues where there is an obvious rendering problem, which can end up being tremendously unpleasant. The pink gas giants were in the latter category after our development pass with improvements to lighting and adaptive exposure.

To be clear, the green luminescent gas giants have not been altered at all, and we have no plans to change them. We have embraced them, and they're explicitly called out in the system map descriptions in Chapter 4.

The pink glow was a problem when the green ones were not, primarily due to the nature of the underlying bug. We of course do not want to intentionally remove any wonders of the galaxy.

So, it's a good news, bad news thing. Bad news is the GMGs are going to have to go away. The good news is, GGGs (the main subject of this thread) are now a protected species and explorers like Cmdr. Taen should no longer have to worry about their GGG finds disappearing sometime in the future.

I am not good with colors.Someone please let me know if this one qualifies for the list :)

I think i found the cousin of the GG i posted earlier...

EaTF2pG.png

So, it's a good news, bad news thing. Bad news is the GMGs are going to have to go away. The good news is, GGGs (the main subject of this thread) are now a protected species and explorers like Cmdr. Taen should no longer have to worry about their GGG finds disappearing sometime in the future.

Pretty understandable, but still upsetting. My old favorite system POI was ruined in an update without so much as a mention. (Crazyjuice, a water world with an orbit of .3d around a pair of huge gas giants that have an orbit of .4d around their local barycentre) Crazyjuice was moved to around 1.3d. FDev has killed before!

I think i found the cousin of the GG i posted earlier...

Is it Dryi Briae MN-T e3-3809 ? Or a new one of what i dub "Lemon/Lime Green Gas Giant" like BLIA EUP FG-Y G4 ?
If it's a new one, can i've its coordinate (after you sell the data, if you want) or at least can you tell me if it's near Colonia/The Core/The Bubble ?

On another topic...
Like a lot of explorer, i tried the beta (and disliked it, but it's my problem).
I was musing around the Codex when :
xrhNS4I.jpg

So... GGG are officialy official (logic, one of them have a tourist beacon) ?
Is there a new one at PHOI AUG BA-A G258 ?
If i (or another CMDR) go here in non-beta, is there a risk that I steal his discovery ?
Me and Tean have already messed up with the Tubeworms hunters...

Is it Dryi Briae MN-T e3-3809 ? Or a new one of what i dub "Lemon/Lime Green Gas Giant" like BLIA EUP FG-Y G4 ?
If it's a new one, can i've its coordinate (after you sell the data, if you want) or at least can you tell me if it's near Colonia/The Core/The Bubble ?

It is a new one. Will post the system name when i sell the data. Hopefully soon :)
The location is north Core, close to the point where Orion Arm and Perseus Arm merge.

So I ran into this today. I'm quite tired (waiting up for New Horizons) but I'm not sure I've seen this colour before.

Ahh thats nice.
TBH, i am not good with colors and not always sure what is needed to classify a gas giant as glowing. Found something very similar to this one few weeks ago but wasnt sure whether to report it. The colors a somewhat distorted by the bright light coming from the nearby class B star.

lPBGOxa.png

This one is a water giant around 2000 ls from the primary (a herbig). It's near a satellite star, but I don't remember what kind at the moment. Probably a proto brown dwarf. The codex didn't think it was worthy of note, so it's possibly a glitch. But some of the best finds are glitches.

Last edited:
Odegard, you've mapped the ONE that I went for 😂, I mapped it before you handed your data in too. Got so excited as I actually stumbled across it almost by chance & immediately knew it was rare so I looked it up.

Top Bottom