Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Odegard, you've mapped the ONE that I went for , I mapped it before you handed your data in too. Got so excited as I actually stumbled across it almost by chance & immediately knew it was rare so I looked it up.

I was orbiting around the GGG when the patch went online.
Two or three day later, when i was finally able to connect in the game, i deeply probed the GGG just for fun (and playing with the new system).
After that i slooooooooowwwwwlllly returned to the Rosette Nebula to sell data at New Beginning. I've done this return trop (110-115 jumps) in semi-completionist mode (scanning anything with the F*king St*pid Scanner but probing only some planet, like WW, ELW or some moon with geological features).
So, yes, i tagged some neutron stars.
For the record, i found nothing new (no Lagrange Cloud or Biological funny things).

well congrats to you, people will see your name out there as that one shows up on the codex. I knew there was a solid chance it would get taken as I'm going in the opposite direction & circumnavigating. still though, I might visit some of the others when I'm on my way back and see what the score is there. o7 safe travels.

also yeah, spawn rate for stellar phenomena must be like 0.001% or less, it's crazy low, shame as it'd be nice to actually realistically be able to find them for yourself but heyho.

There's now a real easy way to tell whether a planet qualifies as a GGG: you should get a new, separate Codex entry for it. At least, I assume the Codex has now been debugged enough that the GGG indicator actually works, now.

I wonder if this phenomenon is going to be related to future development or story arc in the future... new aliens, perhaps?

Someone put all those planets in a numerology mystic map and I bet we'll find Raxxla.

They're procedurally-generated not hand-placed, so unless Raxxla is procedurally-generated too, I doubt their location will have any mystical, rainbow-worlds-of-Star-Control meaning.

There's now a real easy way to tell whether a planet qualifies as a GGG: you should get a new, separate Codex entry for it. At least, I assume the Codex has now been debugged enough that the GGG indicator actually works, now.

Provided that it's the first GGG of that planetary class you found in that region - though they're rare enough that that'll probably not be a problem for a while.

Thanks for the reply and help. Nothing in the Codex, so guess it's not.... but, but..... it was glowing.....and it was a gas giant.....so there's that ;)

that's not a glowing gas giant I believe that's a class 4? they're unusual and definitely not exactly common planets, but they are pretty routinely a deep red like that.

Interesting bit of information, I'm coming up on 25,000 systems visited and have only seen these during passenger missions and always thought these were hand made and close to the bubble, am I wrong in that assumption?. I'm going to visit all the ones listed to see what system types there in and start from there but only if there not hand made.

We were told the pink ones actually caused problems, in either graphical or gameplay stability; the glowing white giants definitely caused graphical problems, as I and others noted in this old thread about them. The green ones didn't do either, so have not only been allowed to remain but have been accepted into formal game lore (with their own separate entries in the Codex) - an unexpected and extremely rare emergent phenomenon arising out of the procedurally-generated quasi-randomness of the Stellar Forge.

the glowing white giants definitely caused graphical problems
Yes, but they had some kind of zest. They looked great. By the way, under the link above at the first discoverer - low graphics settings ...
EnH3Tg03Cmc.jpg

KYAg03tIcBc.jpg

Last edited:
I was glancing at the Codex and noticed that a Cmdr Phaedra is reported to have found a GGG (Class II) about a month ago in Boelts XH-C C29-854. It's the first one I've seen listed in the Codex, and it's not on this list. Next time I pass through that neighbourhood I'll check it out, but if anybody else happens to be in the area... (looks maybe 3000-4000 ly south of Colonia)

Bookmarking that one for a visit at a later date, if it's in the codex and not on the list, it's a pretty safe assumption it is indeed a previously unknown GGG. I wonder if that CMDR even knows how rare a thing it is that he's found!

Top Bottom