Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

EDSM shows 4 different people having visited "Boelts XH-C C29-854", and it's not far from where the DW2 fleet is currently. I might have to swing over and look, but my time is limited for the next couple of days, so I'm sure someone will beat me there. :)

EDSM shows 4 different people having visited "Boelts XH-C C29-854", and it's not far from where the DW2 fleet is currently. I might have to swing over and look, but my time is limited for the next couple of days, so I'm sure someone will beat me there. :)
Happened to read this while playing and decided to see just how far away I was. 2 jumps. Huh. Well, rude not to take a peak then.

System map, not looking too hopeful...
67JI5wd.jpg

There's only 1 class II GG in the system, this one (still not looking hopeful):
RbPgEoJ.jpg

Nearly jumped at that point but figured it was worth an eyeball. Even then, nothing. Figured I'd flown that far, least I could do was fly around it. You never know.
DssrjVl.jpg

Now I'm left wondering if I've dismissed others...

I guess it doesn't take much green to qualify for the Codex, then. :eek::eek::D

You can just see the green speck in the system map... right hand side, near the terminator, in the middle of those three tiny mauve islands.

Given the extreme pastelness of Class IIs, this was the last planet type I'd expected to encounter a GGG in.

Last edited:
Interesting find !
It look a bit like Eafoff LN-Q d6-0, with even less "green" and "pink".

*check galactic map*.
Hmmm... "Only" 19kly. But i'm going in the opposite direction... Maybe i'll go screen this one too....

Last edited:
I now scan every Gas Giants in every system I visit when exploring, Eafoff was the first one I saw, reckon they could quite easily have been missed pre-Q4

Hello my fellow Cmdrs,

I just finished my GGG Tour 3305 as part of the DW2 expadition, I went to 9 of the 10 listed GGGs, took a ton of screen shots and a few hrs or more of video, I found this tour by "First Find Tours" to have been very satisfying and rewarding as I was able to first map GGGs 8 and 9 and tagged/mapped planets or Gas Giants in a few other system, it seems to me I will have my name in more of the GGG systems than anybody else now?, someone asked about GGG #10 and it is a GGG but pretty much obscured by an over cover of gray gas with a few spots showing green but not much, but enough green to let you know its a GGG, pics of GGG 10 included, I have to assemble the screenshots first then edit the video and ill try and post them here soon. 07

PSN: TokiGlassBlower

Blue Skies Black Death

52598774_357417345093210_7416757875596328960_o.jpg
52948609_357417365093208_5254655224072634368_o.jpg

Last edited:
I know, this is not a proper green glowing giant, but still it looks as if it is kind of glowing:

4I82KP5.jpg

It is Eord Pri RC-D c15-2908 body #2 -- gas giant with ammonia-based life.

If that's the one in the Galactic Center codex, I can tell you it's quite disappointing. Probably 5-9 specs of green along the center. Although, the anomaly there is pretty cool and exclusive to GGGs, so the visit was pretty neat.

I found a green gas giant in the galactic center. Didn't know it was significant until Dyse pointed it out to me :)

It's at Byoomao JC-B D1-368 1 World #3 (about 1300 LY from Sag-A)

If that's the one in the Galactic Center codex, I can tell you it's quite disappointing. Probably 5-9 specs of green along the center. Although, the anomaly there is pretty cool and exclusive to GGGs, so the visit was pretty neat.

Very cool to have some extra recognition of this planet!! What is this special anomaly type, though?

It's at Byoomao JC-B D1-368 1 World #3 (about 1300 LY from Sag-A)

It took me some time to find the proper address. It is Byoomao JC-B d1-3681 without "space" :)

And despite the codex says it's "green", it looks, not all pink glowing giants are actually gone :D
Vqt8ko8.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting.
Maybe it's time to resume my Green and Pink Expedition... And of course, i'm half a galaxy away from this shiny.

It took me some time to find the proper address. It is Byoomao JC-B d1-3681 without "space" :)

And despite the codex says it's "green", it looks, not all pink glowing giants are actually gone :D

Ah my bad sorry, I was reading the system name from the ingame menu; really looked like there was a space there. Glad you found it in the end.

Thank you everyone who post here !
Yours discovery have relight my explorer flame... The Pink'n'Green Expedition have revive !*

By the cheating power of the Finally Not So Useless Codex, i present you a new GGG (n°11 maybe), discovered in GONGAE QW-L C24-0 by CMDR Gobo Senbei, in the Kepler's Crest region, even further into the void than the GGG7 :
T9B81uJ.jpg

It's ringed.
It's super green.
It's pinkish.
ymIoe4g.jpg

I feel alive again.

*:Soon.

Last edited:
It's been - unfortunately - quiet here so I'm going a little off topic with this. This struck me as I was passing by as I don't recall seeing a shade quite like this. I'm calling it "strawberry cream" for now. Anyone else seen this? (Brairee MR-S c5-1101 1)

ZAazBCO.png

I've seen some of them (rare, but far less than GGG). You can seel some exemple in my Green&Pink expedition diary (usually named "not pink enough").

So, it's time for GGG n°12 (i consider BOELTS XH-C C29-854 as GGG n°10 and BLEIA DRYOAE UV-C C29-52 as GGG n°11) !
Some preview before i explore more in details NYEAJAAE IT-M C9-19 :

Found by CMDR WH1TED3L1VERYVAN :
8EtqDes.jpg

This time, it's a mint'choco version !
ks9SYqE.jpg

Top Bottom