Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Hey there,

it's not really glowing but has a pinkish tone to it. I found it on my last tour, a few weeks ago. System was Lyruelks TZ-O d6-8.

Here it is:

Here are other interesting ones:

Last edited:
Hey, pretty cool planets there. I don't think they're what this thread is about though, which is specifically about the ones with the "glowing" (really, more fluorescent) green clouds. We probably need a separate thread for cool, colorful, and interesting other planets. I like seeing them, I just suggest we have an appropriate thread for it.

I created a thread some time ago for general interesting discoveries, but it hasn't been used in a while. Here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/show-us-your-interesting-discoveries.427488/

Using the Omnipotent Codex, i went to check another new GGG (number 13 in my notation).
It was "near" BOELTS XH-C C29-854, barely 2lky away in the Odin Hold region, so it was fast (lot of neutron in this region).

Behold EOR AOWSY GR-W E1-1381 discovered by CMDR MPIE :

X7AoS1h.jpg

It's ringed, and at the barycenter bewteen an A and B star, so it's shiny.
AzETm6o.jpg

Expect more pictures/video on my Green&Pink Expedition travelog soon...

Last edited:
Excellent... this is the first Class IV GGG planet on record. Given that Class IV are normally predominantly red in colour, I would've guessed that they would have been immune to formation of GGGs.

How far away is that lava planet? Was the view from there any good?

And you can colour me unobservant, but I've only just noticed... all GGGs now have their own, unique planet descriptions, with an additional sentence outlining the cause of the green colouration. That Class IV apparently has "extremophile bioluminescent life".

How far away is that lava planet? Was the view from there any good?
Saddly, it's at ~160ls, and the view was not excellent. We can see the luminous rings but not really the green color :
sFazQWn.jpg

And you can colour me unobservant, but I've only just noticed... all GGGs now have their own, unique planet descriptions, with an additional sentence outlining the cause of the green colouration. That Class IV apparently has "extremophile bioluminescent life".

I... I feel extremely ashamed of myself. I do nothing but visiting these planet and... i doesn't noticed.

So, i checked all of them :

rzNjrFP.jpg
GGG 1: Blua Hypa HT-F D12-1226 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

kskqoJi.jpg
GGG 2: Bleia Dryiae HF-W b35-1 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

w5cGBxK.jpg
GGG 3: Col 285 Sector VU-M c8-1 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

80jl9vm.jpg
GGG 4: Eol Prou KW-L c8-32 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

GGG 5: lost

xdnAtkc.jpg
GGG 6: Floasly TE-X d2-25 : Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

GejggSA.jpg
GGG 7: Eafoff LN-Q d6-0 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

zSqhUt1.jpg
GGG 8: Dryooe Prou FF-Z d696 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

NtN5HxE.jpg
GGG 9: Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 : vivid colouration - free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

vlNz77n.jpg
GGG 10: Boelts XH-C c29-854 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

a0n01Tp.jpg
GGG 11: Gongae QW-L c24-0 : Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

JmfUv43.jpg
GGG 12: Nyeajaae IT-M c9-19 : free floating radioplankton - carbon based algae

hroJVUW.jpg
GGG 13: Luminous vapour - upper atmosphere - extremophile bioluminescent life

In conclusion : there's 2 "type" of "green life" : extremophile bioluminescent life and carbon-based algae.
We can notice that GGG7 et GGG10 don't have a "vivid colouration" (and it's true), but GGG 12 lack this term too (maybe because it's a Class I like GG7 ?).

Yeah, double post !
I arrived in the Core region, at the GGG n°14 : BYOOMAO JC-B D1-3681.
First discovered by CMDR Baugers, it was reported here by CMDR Dyse, Bauglir and Shnyrik.
As reported, it have even less "green" than Boelts XH-C c29-854 and have small pink dot ! Lovely !
It's one that can easyly missed on the system map :
t1hsLjJ.jpg
Even when zoomed :
OChbyKg.jpg

On site, we need to go near the planet to spot the neon green in the pink/purple dot :
fw9d7bT.jpg

Not to impressive... But :
  • it's ringed
  • there're notable stellar phenomena in the system. Not checked yet, it'll be a first for me. => checked : Metallic Crystals and K-10 Anomaly in the GGG rings. And there's also a Proto Lagrange Cloud in the system, with another Metallic Crystals and K-10 anomaly.
  • there're geologial site on 3A moon, so maybe i'll fond a nice scenery spot => site 4, but we can really see the dot from here...

Last edited:
I'm currently enroute to another GGG, but i made a "small" detour to check something...
I'm sad to report the death of Lemon/Lime Green/Mojito Gas Giant. Like Midas' Respite and the Glowing Pink Gas Giant they doesnt' survive the 3.3
They're now classical Gas Giant.

Here, a screenshot of Dryi Briae MN-T e3-3809 :
PKcjL4V.jpg
It was predicable from the system map, but i've (false) hope :
UOo1FgN.jpg

I suppose it's the same for BLIA EUP FG-Y G4.
We can even see the change on the system map :
wlghHwA.jpg

Ah well, that's disappointing. I don't think too many tourists are going to pay to go and see a "mud giant".

Greetings commanders! I’m not certain if this qualifies or not, I found this class III giant on my Sidewinder tour heading east from the center. There are definitely fluorescent green clouds (although maybe not bright enough or numerous enough to qualify). I just wanted to share and get a few opinions. Thanks!
2DBA3BBD-BE5B-4156-9AE1-55F7F6E5631C.jpeg

Greetings commanders! I’m not certain if this qualifies or not, I found this class III giant on my Sidewinder tour heading east from the center. There are definitely fluorescent green clouds (although maybe not bright enough or numerous enough to qualify). I just wanted to share and get a few opinions. Thanks! View attachment 133059
I actually found pretty much the same one two months ago, much more purple though, but as you the green isn't that bright enough, i'm still trying to search as much as i can but i feel so desperate by now :( Here is the picture

Attachments

• 20190606_052952.jpg
    20190606_052952.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 299
Found this one using the codex. Following Odengard's count, this would be GGG 15. Personally, I haven't been able to find any green spots, but the codex says it's glowing.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/Mv3vCCI
Well, Ain't that something...never new I actually found one...not a spectacular one by GGG standards but the Codex is like the Word of God in this game . I looked it up in the Codex Codex and I can only figure that I turned in the map data before the Cmdr Masiliy. From what I understand of the Codex, is that it is a live update that all commanders can see but it doesn't lock in the map data. That is why my commander name (Babaa Yaga) is on it. I'm going to have to head back out that one day and orbit the planet just to see if I can see any snot spots. Thanks for the udpate and the good news.

Bleia Dryoae UV-C c29-52 Bleia Dryoae UV-C c29-52 (System Map)

Last edited:
Ok, what has changed? I see no green in that last one at all, let alone 'Glowing" green. Yes, it has free floating radioplankton algae, but there is no mention of it being bio-luminescent. How does this classify as a GGG?

Top Bottom