Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

Does any other color types exist for GGGs though?
There were pink ones, but FDEV deemed that a bug & "fixed" them (= refactored them to dull ones).
See:

There were pink ones, but FDEV deemed that a bug & "fixed" them (= refactored them to dull ones).
See:
it's too bad, i wish i could've have the chance to see one in game last year, thanks!

I binge jumped.

So, it's really a GGG, but a "small puff one".

We need to zoom in on the system map to see the green patch :
SloQCX6.jpg

As you can see, it's far away in orbit of the secondary star. The primary is a neutron star and with the mono lightsource system, it's cause... darkness.
I've fly around the GGG and there's only a neon green strip near the equator.
The planet and it's ring (especially the inner ring) are very dark.
gzOwHxk.jpg
I've tried to enance color/contrast, but...meh !
qMSuTZu.jpg

No Stellar Anomaly but the GGG have a nearby moon with 40 geological sources.

No first discoverer tag and it's somehow on the codex. And this one was also reported as a gas giant with water-based life. The codex might be a little busted.

No first discoverer tag and it's somehow on the codex. And this one was also reported as a gas giant with water-based life. The codex might be a little busted.
Anyone else think the Codex should have a delay in listing new discoveries for everyone until the person who found it sells their data on it? If getting your name on something doesn't matter to you that's fine but I feel like it may be infuriating to be on a voyage and find something rare, only to have it listed for everyone to see and have the system possibly stolen before you can turn it in by a jumpconda.

I binge jumped.

SloQCX6.jpg

As you can see, it's far away in orbit of the secondary star. The primary is a neutron star and with the mono lightsource system, it's cause... darkness.
gzOwHxk.jpg
qMSuTZu.jpg

As small as that skid mark is, it's still better than the one that I found...

I binge jumped.

SloQCX6.jpg

gzOwHxk.jpg
qMSuTZu.jpg

I actually just reached the system myself. Maybe we could meet up in the system.

Also here's the system map:

Source: https://imgur.com/a/rboPuqy

I actually just reached the system myself. Maybe we could meet up in the system.
I'm still here, and always in Open. But i don't know if your schedule are compatible or when i'll be able to connect (work, family, friends, all these things are killing my gaming time) ...

And from my knowledge :
  • Bright White Gas Giant are dead (bug, never seen one)
  • Glowing Magenta (Pink) Gas Giant are dead (apparently they crash some people gfx)
  • Lime green/Mojiti Gas Giant (like BLIA EUP FG-Y G4 ) are dead
  • Golden Yellow Gast Giant (like Midas' Respite : Eotchops AB-O e6-1068) are dead
  • I don't know about the Bright Orange Gas Giant ( Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561 )
  • The "new" lighting system have made a Violet/Purple/Lavender/White Gas Giant at Vegnoae BA-A g8
  • GGG are fine and official, with Codex Entry and a special sort of K-10 Anomaly. There're now Notable Stellar Phenomena around GGG n°14 ( BYOOMAO JC-B D1-3681 ) and GGG n°9 ( Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 ). There's none around GGG n°16, and probably none around n°13, n°12, n°11 and n°10 (i don't know when NSP are added). I stupidly no check the Colonia one...
  • Even if GMG are dead, pink or purple color exist for Gas Giant, but not as luminous than before. Well, one of the most "purpleish" have seen is GGG n°11 : GONGAE QW-L C24-0

Last edited:
GGG are fine and official, with Codex Entry and a special sort of K-10 Anomaly. There're now Notable Stellar Phenomena around GGG n°14 ( BYOOMAO JC-B D1-3681 ) and GGG n°9 ( Eimbaith LW-W e1-290 ). There's none around GGG n°16, and probably none around n°13, n°12, n°11 and n°10 (i don't know when NSP are added). I stupidly no check the Colonia one...
FYI, just passed through the “Colonia ones,” #s 8 and 4, and no NSPs.

Greetings,

It looks like bright orange/red gas giants are still a thing. I just found this one last night, first time I have seen any GG's this color. Was wondering how common they were. (sorry, location redacted for the moment, I'll post it later).

lZPqmul.png

o994zBz.png

LnFYX8c.png

Last edited:
Greetings,

It looks like bright orange/red gas giants are still a thing. I just found this one last night, first time I have seen any GG's this color. Was wondering how common they were. (sorry, location redacted for the moment, I'll post it later).

lZPqmul.png

o994zBz.png

LnFYX8c.png
Probably not as rare as GGGs, I have vague memories of finding some like that. Your one does look good though, nice find!

In my experience, the red one are not exceptionnaly rare in Class IV and Class V. It's the "bright" red who is rare.
And for the bright orange, i noted in my preview post, it was a real special one :
v0nUWf3.jpg
It was probably so bright because the close proximity (27ls) of the B star of Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561. With the "new" lighting system, i don't know how it's render now.
Midas Respite ( Eotchops AB-O e6-1068 ) was a bit similar :
7MJvFta.jpg
And it was probably because the proximity of the neutron star (30ls). And now, Midas Respite is dead, don't showing its gold color. I fear it'll be the same for the orange of Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561

Ahh ok gotcha. Those are pretty amazing (plus all the ones in your other thread), but haven't run into any quite like those yet. I'll post any I find, as I'm planning on being out in the black for a while still.

In my experience, the red one are not exceptionnaly rare in Class IV and Class V. It's the "bright" red who is rare.
And for the bright orange, i noted in my preview post, it was a real special one :
v0nUWf3.jpg
It was probably so bright because the close proximity (27ls) of the B star of Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561. With the "new" lighting system, i don't know how it's render now.
Midas Respite ( Eotchops AB-O e6-1068 ) was a bit similar :
7MJvFta.jpg
And it was probably because the proximity of the neutron star (30ls). And now, Midas Respite is dead, don't showing its gold color. I fear it'll be the same for the orange of Kyloarph QY-S e3-1561
I found a GG that appeared similar to your bright orange GG but dimmer. It was pitch black when I went up to it as it orbited a white dwarf though, but shows they are still possible in the new lighting system.

For all of you OCD GGG Hunters...Here is an updated map if you want to keep track. It's not the best, but it will work in a pinch. I wish FDEV would make "category" bookmarks in the map like they do for other things so that I could put these on the GalMap and only see these and not with all of the other bookmarks.

UPDATE: I have revamped the GGG Reference Chart and have added the number to the GGG as it was reported to the this thread in the forum. It should be a tad bit easier to make sense out of it.
GGG Galactic Map (17 Aug 2019).jpg

Last edited:
😲 Wow all these new(er) ones since my earlier DW2 tour of 1-10, I'm off to see 11-17 and hopefully ill find one myself one day to add to the Ringed Neutron I discovered. Thanks for the map babaa Yaga.

Top Bottom