Glowing Green Giants - The Definitive List

I asked in the thread and got a reply (not from the OP) that there's a similar one in COL 285 SECTOR VU-M C8-1, referenced here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/90xvuy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/90xvuy/an_interesting_gas_planet_in_the_col_285_sector/

If that is the case it's GGG 3.

EDIT: Doesn't seem like it is and OP replied to @Babaa Yaga with BD+65 210.
After further investigation, it is in fact Col 285 Sector VU-M c8-1 (Radioactive Green). I found another screen shot on INARA...just a bit of a different angle.

After further investigation, it is in fact Col 285 Sector VU-M c8-1 (Radioactive Green). I found another screen shot on INARA...just a bit of a different angle.
If you want to have a laugh, check the video I did on this exact GGG. The first moment the planet appears on my video, it's obvious it's the same one of the reddit post.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL4cEeJcBp8

We're just desperate to find #23. :)

So, I made it to Squern AF-N c21-0 and the darnedest thing happened. When I scanned the 4th planet (GG #20), there was no commander tag on it. There weren't any commander tags on any of the planets. Now, me being the ass that I am, thought for a bit. This was reported at least a month an a half ago and nobody has tagged it despite the fact that numerous ships have been through the system. Hmmmm. Well, time to do a turn and burn, lickety split to Explorers Anchorage. 189 jumps later I touch down on the landing pad. I went back into the GALMAP, still, no tags on anything. I sold all my map data (about 300Mil) and checked the GALMAP...and low and behold, there was a different commander's tag on it and all of the other bodies. Am I missing something here? Is there a bug in the GALMAP? As soon as I scanned the planet, it should have showed who was the first person to sell the map data...just like on all of the other systems that have been previously visited, scanned and sold. Oh well...that's one for the Dev's to play with.

On a different note, the GG in that system is nothing breath taking at all. It has a few green boogers on the surface but they are pretty bright. Here is a small album of the one of the newest GG's to make the list.

Last edited:
So, I made it to Squern AF-N c21-0 and the darnedest thing happened. When I scanned the 4th planet (GG #21), there was no commander tag on it. There weren't any commander tags on any of the planets. Now, me being the that I am, thought for a bit. This was reported at least a month an a half ago and nobody has tagged it despite the fact that numerous ships have been through the system. Hmmmm. Well, time to do a turn and burn, lickety split to Explorers Anchorage. 189 jumps later I touch down on the landing pad. I went back into the GALMAP, still, no tags on anything. I sold all my map data (about 300Mil) and checked the GALMAP...and low and behold, there was a different commander's tag on it and all of the other bodies. Am I missing something here? Is there a bug in the GALMAP? As soon as I scanned the planet, it should have showed who was the first person to sell the map data...just like on all of the other systems that have been previously visited, scanned and sold. Oh well...that's one for the Dev's to play with.

On a different note, the GG in that system is nothing breath taking at all. It has a few green boogers on the surface but they are pretty bright. Here is a small album of the one of the newest GG's to make the list.

It was pretty much inevitable. I knew the discoverer, Reverse Samurai, was rather inactive. Looks like CMDR Guy De Lombard got the tags just before you.

It was pretty much inevitable. I knew the discoverer, Reverse Samurai, was rather inactive. Looks like CMDR Guy De Lombard got the tags just before you.
I looked him up on INARA and it doesn't appear he has been very active since January...oh well. Oh, and I have the number wrong...it is GG #20. I fixed it in the OP.

Yeah I'm sorry about that! I'd visited and scanned the system well over two weeks ago or so now since it was added to that list, before heading back to colonia a few days ago for repairs and handing in the explo data, but by that time i'd already completely forgotten about the system and it turns out it's original discoverer still hadn't handed the data in either :/ ... So i send my very sincere appologies!

Yeah I'm sorry about that! I'd visited and scanned the system well over two weeks ago or so now since it was added to that list, before heading back to colonia a few days ago for repairs and handing in the explo data, but by that time i'd already completely forgotten about the system and it turns out it's original discoverer still hadn't handed the data in either :/ ... So i send my very sincere appologies!
Did you get any good screen shots of it?

I've come across gas giants with these green/pink spots on them once or twice before during my travels, i'm almost certain they were on these blue gas giants aswell, didnt realise they were worthy enough to be classed as GGG's. I normally screenshot my discoveries to go as records if they are of anything special, if i did screenshot those gas giants then i'll upload them here, but this was going back to like 2018 im sure, so may have to do some digging hah.

I've come across gas giants with these green/pink spots on them once or twice before during my travels, i'm almost certain they were on these blue gas giants aswell, didnt realise they were worthy enough to be classed as GGG's. I normally screenshot my discoveries to go as records if they are of anything special, if i did screenshot those gas giants then i'll upload them here, but this was going back to like 2018 im sure, so may have to do some digging hah.
Please do. If they had ANY at all, it's technically a GGG and will get you on the honour roll. Also, it'll get us some more data on GGGs - having more to draw any conclusions from would be useful. If the spots are only purple however, it isn't a GGG but is still a notable discovery. Do you have any of the system names in those screenshots?

Well i double checked through everything I had but unfortunatly couldnt seem to find anything to suggest I'd recorded the system names for those gas giants I'd come across, likely never screenshoted them (n)

Well i double checked through everything I had but unfortunatly couldnt seem to find anything to suggest I'd recorded the system names for those gas giants I'd come across, likely never screenshoted them (n)
I have seen different colored spots on some of the big blue ones but none of them listed as an official GGG.

Top Bottom