Go Karts - Are they working Correctly?

So, I Just want to start out by saying how much I love this game. I have spent many, many hours designing and building parks and I was super excited about the new update which all in all is awesome. I do have one problem/question.

I built a nice Go Kart track and I have opened it to the public and people love it. However, what I have noticed is that the first person to cross the finish line gets a "Free or Victory" lap while everyone else has to park their kart when they reach the finish line. This is fine with me (reward the winner) but what happens is that as soon as that first person crosses the finish line and starts his/her victory lap all the other cars on the track come to a CRAWL no matter where they are on the track. Then, they drive really slowly for the rest of their lap and when they finish their race and park their kart they have to sit there and wait for every single kart to finish their laps including the guy on his victory lap. This takes forever for the "race" to finish. Most people are sitting in their karts for a long time waiting to exit the ride. Can anyone tell me if this is how this is supposed to work and do you really like it this way? I do not think this is right. Could there be a bug in the ride. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks All.

when they finish their race and park their kart they have to sit there and wait for every single kart to finish their laps including the guy on his victory lap. This takes forever for the "race" to finish. Most people are sitting in their karts for a long time waiting to exit the ride.

do you think it would be safe to have guests getting out of their cars and walking across the track while people are still driving?? [wink] this thread answers all your questions https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/23517-Disable-the-Victory-Lap-in-Karts

I have not experienced cars slowing down after someone has won. So I can't speak to that.
What I have noticed about the victory lap is that it is not a big deal on a reasonable sized track wth two lap races. Typically the lead cars are coming on the tail of the last car, so not much time is lost.
On very long single lap tracks, the victory lap can indeed waste a lot of time. So there is a sweet spot for both kinds of operation. In a sense, this is "ride management". You have the freedom to do whatever you like, but there are repercussions to your choices. I think it should be that way.

I have not experienced cars slowing down after someone has won. So I can't speak to that.
What I have noticed about the victory lap is that it is not a big deal on a reasonable sized track wth two lap races. Typically the lead cars are coming on the tail of the last car, so not much time is lost.
On very long single lap tracks, the victory lap can indeed waste a lot of time. So there is a sweet spot for both kinds of operation. In a sense, this is "ride management". You have the freedom to do whatever you like, but there are repercussions to your choices. I think it should be that way.

do you think it would be safe to have guests getting out of their cars and walking across the track while people are still driving?? [wink] this thread answers all your questions https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/23517-Disable-the-Victory-Lap-in-Karts

Thank you both for your reply. Creaper, I dont think they should get out of their cars before the end of the race but I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe it shouldnt be a "Race". If it were like normal go karts then its 2-3 laps and then thats it. There is no victory lap for the person who finishes first. At least at the tracks I've been to.

Bitter Jeweler, You are correct about keeping the track to a reasonable size. My track is pretty long. I will shorten it and see if that helps. Thanks.

Thank you both for your reply. Creaper, I dont think they should get out of their cars before the end of the race but I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe it shouldnt be a "Race". If it were like normal go karts then its 2-3 laps and then thats it. There is no victory lap for the person who finishes first. At least at the tracks I've been to.

Bitter Jeweler, You are correct about keeping the track to a reasonable size. My track is pretty long. I will shorten it and see if that helps. Thanks.

Maybe a toggle for this for those of us that like the victory lap?

Top Bottom