GOG Galaxy 2.0 universal launcher

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
GOG's new Galaxy launcher will be attempting something new: A universal launcher that will unite all your libraries from Steam, Epic, and even consoles. There is a beta signup right now. None of this is officially supported by Steam, etc. but they are trying to negotiate for that.

I think this is something that is inevitable given the proliferation of gaming storefronts on the PC. If not GOG then someone else will take a stab at this, so it's smart that they're trying to get out in front of this and be a leader.

Be in front? like Steam was with a near universal reach, until people decided to cut out the middleman so they could keep Steam's cut. Funny how things go in circles eh ;)

Discord has a game launcher too now...does similar things to all of them. Must be a new interweb fashion thing. I'm expecting Gok Wang and Gordon Ramsay to announce they're breaking into the game launcher market any day now :rolleyes:

GOG's new Galaxy launcher will be attempting something new: A universal launcher that will unite all your libraries from Steam, Epic, and even consoles.
My console library sits nice and tidy on a bookshelf. How do I import that into a launcher and why? :D

Apropos something new: Playnite has been around for years.

Top Bottom