Goid hunting hotspot?

o7 Cmdrs

I'm ready, sorta, to dip my toe in Goid hunting. Looking for a place where I can find some Scouts to start with. Pleiades and Witchhead I understand but any particular system(s). One with NHSS 3..

Thanks in advance

Pleiades is crawling with them.Merope for example. But they are everywhere. NHSS threat 3,4 is good for scouts. I shot a few in my Krait. Pack some c3 advanced multi turrets and make them bleed!

o7

Last edited:
I went with fixed ax MC since I am still noobish with combat.

Any particular system to go to?
Alcyone, Atlas, Celaeno, Electra, Maia, Merope, Pleione, Sterope (Asterope), Taygeta.I think all of them are bug infested.

There are more around the pleiades core systems. But there simply too many to write them all down.

Last edited:
Alcyone, Atlas, Celaeno, Electra, Maia, Merope, Pleione, Sterope (Asterope), Taygeta.I think all of them are bug infested.
Perfect! that's what I was looking for. Gonna jump there in a bit...Try to squash them
099a5f186f884bb5e5d40faa0d37684f.jpg

Hey,

Any system on the list below will work.

I recommend Pleiades Sector KC-V c2-11. It has plenty or signal sources, a station for repairs and the view is magnificent. There is a deceptive high metal world that looks almost earth-like and a single rocky moon. Most of the combat is close to both and reminds you what you are fighting for I suppose.

The scouts are easy. You could kill them with normal weapons but beware of the corrosive effect. Best take a scb and boostburn it off after the fight.
I went with a Krait Mk2 and it's current boost is 462. I've enigneered it the best I could. I went with a number of hull reinforcements-heavy duty w/deep plating (where I could, ran out of mats), guardian module reinforcement and I believe a SCB. Biweave shield reinforced w/fast recharge. 3 AX MCs, 1 Guardian RG and 1 reg MC w/Overcharge.

Thank you o7

The best system I've found for killing scouts in Asterope. It has one station and most of the signal source are near the main star with a few at the star 100,000ls away.

1. Scan the nav beacon.
2. Kill the scouts in lvl 4 then lvl 3 NHSS.
3. Visit station for repairs, have a 5-10min break.
Go back to step 1

Bonus tip: Install supercruise assist, you can travel to signal sources must faster by over speeding.

Last edited:
I used turret AX multi-cannons, fixed weapons requires a more skilled pilot.
Shoot, i read that Turret are more for advanced players and fixed would be better for someone like me. I do have turret AX MCs as well on my FC.
Edit: FYI I am on PS4 so I don't if that makes a difference with turrets i.e. getting turrets to work as easy as in PC?

The permanent Distress call in HR 1185 is good :) it's very close to the star too
I don't know if Basilisks or Hydras are good for me starting.

Get gauss
I do have that, I misspoke when I said Guardian RG, I meant gauss. I have two (only running one).

The best system I've found for killing scouts in Asterope. It has one station and most of the signal source are near the main star with a few at the star 100,000ls away.

1. Scan the nav beacon.
2. Kill the scouts in lvl 4 then lvl 3 NHSS.
3. Visit station for repairs, have a 5-10min break.
Go back to step 1

Bonus tip: Install supercruise assist, you can travel to signal sources must faster by over speeding.
Yeah, gonna scan the beacon so I can find the NHSS's. You recommend hitting lvl 4 first then 3?
3) I plan on parking my FC nearby, even more convenient than a station.

I do have SC assist installed. I try to run everyship with it more for convenience. Funny story. I went months not using it when I started playing. Only because A) I had no idea had it and B) how to use it.

Last edited:
Turrets are pretty easy to use. On your right hand panel under the ship tab. Thats where you can select the firing mode. Target only for example. If you want your turrets to stop firing. Just deselect and then reselect the target with X.

Where and which turrets i use.

I avoid c3 multi cannons as they have a long spin up.You also lose as lot of your overall damage potential. The damage loss is smaller on c2 and c1 turreted weapons. I use turrets small with special effects for example. And the c3, c4 slots are for the big damage.
It also depends on your ship.

Turrets can be great. If you know when, which to use.

Hope it helps a little.

Last edited:
Turrets are pretty easy to use. On your right hand panel under the ship tab. Thats where you can select the firing mode. Target only for example. If you want your turrets to stop firing. Just deselect and then reselect the target with X.

Where and which turrets i use.

I avoid c3 multi cannons as they have a long spin up.You also lose as lot of your overall damage potential. The damage loss is smaller on c2 and c1 turreted weapons. I use turrets small with special effects for example. And the c3, c4 slots are for the big damage.
It also depends on your ship.

Turrets can be great. If you know, when which to use.

Hope it helps a little.
Yes it did help. I will have to experiment with them. This is my trial run here. See what I know and what I don't.

Ok...well update.

That didn't work too well. Dropped into a NHSS 4, I admit I didn't know what to expect and all 4 were on my like flies on sheet. Got my azz handed. Didn't bring down one LOL...I didn't lose my ship but once they peeled my shields I dipped out. I'll re-evaluate and swap out for turrets and try again.

Top Bottom