Going Exploring...

Things are somewhat quiet in my squadron of late, so I'm tempted to get my biannual exploration trip in before anything particularly exciting happens.

I'll be flying my usual exploration Krait Phantom, she'll be fully kitted, with a 50ly range, and the full 591m/s top speed, simply because reasons.
I may even take weapons, just in case. Who knows.
AFMU is a possibility, and maybe a repair limpet. We'll see what I can squeeze in without sacrificing too much.

ReXcK9R.jpg

(Tempted to buy a ship kit...)

My last two trips (or was it three?) took me towards the rim away from the core. I tend to not travel too far, because if boredom suddenly sets in, I don't want a 65,000ly trip home. I've been to Sagittarius A* once, but that was back before engineers in my Python with just 23.5ly range. I don't feel any particular need to go back.

So my usual distance is around 10-15k light-years, and my usual style is travel some distance, and stop and explore small bubbles, then move on, usually in awkward to reach places.
But that said, there's some codex things I'd like to see. Mainly space lightning, and Lagrange clouds.

So, what direction should I go this time?
And suggestions for places to swing by?

Try and state which direction your suggestion is in, if Sagittarius A* is "north" from Sol, and how far from the bubble.
Then I can make a course and hopefully do more sightseeing, than actually exploration (read as, mindless wandering). Lol

I'll use this thread to keep you guys updated if you're interested, and also you can follow me on Twitter @CosmicSpacehead, for not particularly regular updates, and not particularly good screenshots!

I plan to set off some time tomorrow (January 20th), but chances are I won't be back online until the 27th to update anyone, or travel anywhere. Lol
If all else fails, I'll just gather up as many suggestions as I can, and set off on the 27th instead.

Fly safe CMDRs!

AFMU is pretty much mandatory and a SRV so you can land and replenish materials. I survived a 4 week round trip to Beagle without a repair limpet controller, though with hindsight it might have been worth the loss of 0.5 LY jump range to fit one for peace of mind - especially after a couple of Icarus moments.

My explorer is loaded with weapons and a whole suite of things too just because I might get into something or want to get into something. Don't feel like flying back 60k LY to fix that.
As for direction, go somewhere I'm not or not heading. And that direction is never you mind, stay off the grass of my ELW's.
Enjoy yourself though.

AFMU is pretty much mandatory and a SRV so you can land and replenish materials. I survived a 4 week round trip to Beagle without a repair limpet controller, though with hindsight it might have been worth the loss of 0.5 LY jump range to fit one for peace of mind - especially after a couple of Icarus moments.
Last trips I took an AFMU just keep my ship in check from numerous neutron star jumps. Never taken a repair limpet before.
I have room though, but the stupid things require limpets, which I'll probably synthesise, instead of carry.

My explorer is loaded with weapons and a whole suite of things too just because I might get into something or want to get into something. Don't feel like flying back 60k LY to fix that.
As for direction, go somewhere I'm not or not heading. And that direction is never you mind, stay off the grass of my ELW's.
Enjoy yourself though.
Begins researching Nasc's last known location

😛

Just don't go that way, because I yesterday started my trip to find my own Green Glowing Giant.
So, I repeat, not that way. Go the other way.

And if you happen to meet a Pink Panther Clipper, that's mine. Yes, it's in game.

Pink Panther Clipper
1393076x1063.jpg

Startet my exploring trip a week ago. I headed to Hawkings Gap. I'm there now and i think i will stay there for a while, because so many unknown star system.
AFMU I don't have with me, because why? I don't do neutron jumps and I don't get cooked from the sun. Just open the galaxy map and look what could be in your interest.
Have a good journey and stay alive.

So I've set off!

Commanders Log January 20th 3306.
I've set course for the closest known "Caeruleum" Lagrange cloud, which according to the Codex, is hidden somewhere in a nebula, in the Corona Austra. Dark Region.
There's only 1 nebula. And it's not in it, or around the few systems I checked.

This is an excellent start to my trip, as my codex appears to be broken already.

Copawlots Log - Charlie
I've apparently slept though second breakfast, and must now try to gain the attention of human, by trying to drink his coffee. As for what he seems to be searching for, it's probably in a similar place to my breakfast, maybe he should start by looking there, and while he's at it...

END LOG

I'll be flying my usual exploration Krait Phantom, she'll be fully kitted, with a 50ly range, and the full 591m/s top speed, simply because reasons.
I may even take weapons, just in case. Who knows.
Are you still waiting for "something worse than Thargoids" to appear?;)
This is an excellent start to my trip, as my codex appears to be broken already.
lol

But that said, there's some codex things I'd like to see. Mainly space lightning, and Lagrange clouds.

to be fair just follow the DW2 path to the Sagittarius A station loads to see on the way including void hearts near the end, and who dont want to see them;

59DC105A9F29430BA18B09E7190C134AD33C7041

if you can endure sag a with 24LY its only half as long with 50ly, plus with the neutrons its not that far.

ps dont forget to check the EDSM codex and some other 3rd party tools because the in game codex is about a useful as a chocolate fire guard, and you will often miss stellar phenomenon right on your doorstep

to be fair just follow the DW2 path to the Sagittarius A station loads to see on the way including void hearts near the end, and who dont want to see them;

59DC105A9F29430BA18B09E7190C134AD33C7041

if you can endure sag a with 24LY its only half as long with 50ly, plus with the neutrons its not that far.

ps dont forget to check the EDSM codex and some other 3rd party tools because the in game codex is about a useful as a chocolate fire guard, and you will often miss stellar phenomenon right on your doorstep
Thanks for the tip. I'm not planning on going to Sagittarius A*, but I am seemingly heading north for now.

I'll check out this EDSM codex, as you stated, the in-game one makes absolutely no sense. Lol

ReXcK9R.jpg

Must check your license plates as this ship looks awfully familiar to mine. I have endured daily login and amass enough ARX to buy exactly this paintjob for exactly this ship.
You're sure you didn't took mine while I'm past VY Canis Majoris atm?

Top Bottom