General / Off-Topic Going to the tattoo studio in a few days time.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date

Deleted member 110222

D
Going to the local pagan gift shop, which also happens to house one of the best tattoo artists in the South.

A close friend of mine has already got in touch with the shop's owner so they're expecting me.

This is really happening. Going to visit so I can talk to the artist and discuss what I want inked.

Really looking forward to this.

I really think tattoo's are cool and a great form of expression. But for me, there's just TOO many choices one has when contemplating getting tattooed. Though the idea has entered my mind a few times over the years and on a few occasion's I've even stopped in and conversed with the tattooist. The two question's I can never seem to get passed is: Which tattoo and it's location has kept me from getting one.

Deleted member 110222

D
I really think tattoo's are cool and a great form of expression. But for me, there's just TOO many choices one has when contemplating getting tattooed. Though the idea has entered my mind a few times over the years and on a few occasion's I've even stopped in and conversed with the tattooist. The two question's I can never seem to get passed is: Which tattoo and it's location has kept me from getting one.
I'm lucky. There is only one choice for me, and it's been apparent for a long time now.

It's no secret that I worship unicorns; I've mentioned it enough times on the forum. In general, I'm very much on the pagan side of the spectrum, also sincerely believing in the existence of magick and witchcraft. Most of my friends are also pagan to some extent.

Make of that what you will.

As for location, it's going on my arm. Deliberate choice. I only wear short sleeves and I want people to see what I believe in. Of course the artwork I'm after follows the more traditional image, because it's the truth. With my beilef in Wicca, I'm also likely to ask the artist to incorporate a Wiccan pentagram in the design.

I'm lucky. There is only one choice for me, and it's been apparent for a long time now.

It's no secret that I worship unicorns; I've mentioned it enough times on the forum. In general, I'm very much on the pagan side of the spectrum, also sincerely believing in the existence of magick and witchcraft. Most of my friends are also pagan to some extent.

Make of that what you will.

As for location, it's going on my arm. Deliberate choice. I only wear short sleeves and I want people to see what I believe in. Of course the artwork I'm after follows the more traditional image, because it's the truth. With my beilef in Wicca, I'm also likely to ask the artist to incorporate a Wiccan pentagram in the design.

"Make of that what you will." Though I'm an "Atheist", IF I were to have a belief in any form of official or unofficial, regulated or unregulated religion, it would be that of what is or has become known and accepted as a "PAGAN". Paganism is the oldest form of official or unofficial, regulated and or unregulated religion since the concept of humans began. I find it quite ironic how any and all of the various forms that have popped up since regardless of them being official or unofficial, regulated or unregulated, lambaste pagan's. When in reality, they themselves originated from pagans. And to some degree though they have altered them, still practice many of the same rituals.

UNICORNS RULE!

Deleted member 110222

D
"Make of that what you will." Though I'm an "Atheist", IF I were to have a belief in any form of official or unofficial, regulated or unregulated religion, it would be that of what is or has become known and accepted as a "PAGAN". Paganism is the oldest form of official or unofficial, regulated and or unregulated religion since the concept of humans began. I find it quite ironic how any and all of the various forms that have popped up since regardless of them being official or unofficial, regulated or unregulated, lambaste pagan's. When in reality, they themselves originated from pagans. And to some degree though they have altered them, still practice many of the same rituals.

UNICORNS RULE!
Earth, fire, air, water, spirit.

I know what the pentagram represents in this context. It's not just edginess for me.

Talking with the artist is a MUST. My right arm is a full sleeve incorporating pictures/designs from the world of W40K. It’s deathwatch themed with a large space marine surrounded by various alien life forms, I love it but I do wish I’d spent more time with my artist planning it out instead of my more slap dash method which involved me scrolling for pics and going “ooh I like that that’s next”. Not had time/funding to finish the left arm, the lower arm already has a full tattoo of my football clubs badges, the plan is to do the upper arm with a mechanicum theme.

Deleted member 110222

D
Talking with the artist is a MUST. My right arm is a full sleeve incorporating pictures/designs from the world of W40K. It’s deathwatch themed with a large space marine surrounded by various alien life forms, I love it but I do wish I’d spent more time with my artist planning it out instead of my more slap dash method which involved me scrolling for pics and going “ooh I like that that’s next”. Not had time/funding to finish the left arm, the lower arm already has a full tattoo of my football clubs badges, the plan is to do the upper arm with a mechanicum theme.
I agree wholeheartedly, and my friends have told me the same.

Fortunately I'm very lucky to have the friends I have. These guys are big-time into ink, and they've already put in a word with the artist, so said artist knows I'm headed to the studio tomorrow afternoon to do just that: Talk.

This is really happening now. Very excited.

Deleted member 110222

D
My advice is don't bother. Ask someone with a twenty year old tattoo if you can have a look at theirs first.
I have. They're my friends. ;)

Look great by the way. And these guys have anything but perfect bodies.

I have. They're my friends. ;)

Look great by the way. And these guys have anything but perfect bodies.

Its your choice.

One of the things about being an old fart is you recognize generational fads. When I was a lad and dinosaurs roamed the earth there were tattooed grannies as far as the eye could see and they were cruelly mocked by pretty much everyone. A genuine comedy staple at the time in sketch shows and such. My generation grew up with discrete tats easily concealed or none at all as a result of that.

Now you fashionable young tearaways haven't seen loads of pensioners with masses of tattoos so you haven't been put off by it, and now you are doomed to become them.

Get scuba diving lessons instead.

Deleted member 110222

D
Yup, my brother has nice tattoos, but 25-30 yrs later has outgrown them, dislikes them now.
I spent years asking myself if I truly believe in magick, as part of making this decision. I've had the idea since I was like, 19. I'm 25 in June.

The answer to that question is now a clear yes. There's no ifs, no buts. I believe in all things magickal. I quite happily tell people this too, if the question of faith crops up.

One of the things about being an old fart is you recognize generational fads. When I was a lad and dinosaurs roamed the earth there were tattooed grannies as far as the eye could see and they were cruelly mocked by pretty much everyone. A genuine comedy staple at the time in sketch shows and such. My generation grew up with discrete tats easily concealed or none at all as a result of that.

Now you fashionable young tearaways haven't seen loads of pensioners with masses of tattoos so you haven't been put off by it, and now you are doomed to become them.
f7FdEdG.jpg

Deleted member 110222

D
Well I get the pessimism some people have. Actually I outright respect it. Quite logical reasoning on display here.

But it hasn't changed my mind. This is something I genuinely want to do, and am actively looking forward to the day I get inked.

Had a good chat with the artist today. He very clearly went through everything I could expect, what I should and shouldn't do when getting a tattoo, and in general is just a top bloke.

Going to spend the next week or so expanding my reference image album. Then I'll be going back and we can talk designs.

I'm actually more confident than ever now.

No. Why do you ask?
Glasto and Totnes are huge Pagan towns. Especially Glastonbury. The high street in Glastonbury has multiple Pagan themed shops. There are groups that meet regularly and events happening weekly. You would love it down there.

Warning they are flat earthers and anti 5 G. They have mistrust for any authority and are basically hippy anarchists. It's a good vibe, mostly. It has its problems but yeah you would love it there. Not the festival by the way. The actual town itself. The festival is 2 miles from Shepton Mallet in the village of Pilton and 6 miles from Glastonbury.

Top Bottom