General / Off-Topic Going to the tattoo studio in a few days time.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
If you are going to get a tattoo, then don’t follow the trend or crowd and get something that everybody else has, such as so called “tribal bands” etc. Be an individual and get something that personally means something to you.

Deleted member 110222

D
Glasto and Totnes are huge Pagan towns. Especially Glastonbury. The high street in Glastonbury has multiple Pagan themed shops. There are groups that meet regularly and events happening weekly. You would love it down there.

Warning they are flat earthers and anti 5 G. They have mistrust for any authority and are basically hippy anarchists. It's a good vibe, mostly. It has its problems but yeah you would love it there. Not the festival by the way. The actual town itself. The festival is 2 miles from Shepton Mallet in the village of Pilton and 6 miles from Glastonbury.
Ah I see. I didn't know that. Never really left the Portsmouth area bar a few trips to London and the New Forest.

Deleted member 110222

D
If you are going to get a tattoo, then don’t follow the trend or crowd and get something that everybody else has, such as so called “tribal bands” etc. Be an individual and get something that personally means something to you.
That's exactly what I'm doing. :)

Deleted member 110222

D
This is purely for reference, but this is the kind of style I'm looking for:

rearing_unicorn_lines_by_requay_d4xiswq-fullview.jpg

Deleted member 110222

D
Well I've since sent the image to the artist via E-mail. He says he reckons he can do a lot with this, and I can't stress enough: This is arguably the best studio in the region. Not going to say the establishment name of course, because:
1. Don't want to break forum rules on advertising
2. Simple privacy on my part.

Deleted member 110222

D
But on what size in height and width ? In centimeters ?
Like I say, the above image is for reference.

It is not the final design. Right now I'm letting him take artistic license and he will get back to me in the coming days.

Unicorns are my life. Have been for a long, long time.

My natural resonance with horses is no coincidence. ;)

Congratulations for your convictions.

I was wondering if the studios have the ability to do a computer simulation of yourself with the tattoo, so you can look at the result before you take action.

Its your choice.

One of the things about being an old fart is you recognize generational fads. When I was a lad and dinosaurs roamed the earth there were tattooed grannies as far as the eye could see and they were cruelly mocked by pretty much everyone. A genuine comedy staple at the time in sketch shows and such. My generation grew up with discrete tats easily concealed or none at all as a result of that.

Now you fashionable young tearaways haven't seen loads of pensioners with masses of tattoos so you haven't been put off by it, and now you are doomed to become them.

Get scuba diving lessons instead.

There's a little old lady who must be pushing 80 in my neighborhood that I see all the time.
She has literally hundreds of small-ish tattoos, seemingly done by as many artists.

Even from a distance it doesn't look cohesive at all.
It's not like a lot of today's work in that respect.

One day I happened to be standing behind her at the grocery store, and I realized, there IS a theme!

Every single tattoo was a pair of animals, well, making baby animals!

So now I'm standing in the slowest line in Hawai'i
(cashier to patron at beginning of line: "Oh so, how's your daughter these days?!")

trying very hard not to laugh, while also trying to confirm that yes, every single tattoo out of hundreds over her whole body, is indeed some sort of barnyard, wilderness, marine or domestic animal pair, "gettin' busy"!

Some looked like cartoons, others went for hyper-realism, there was even a unicorn pair...

She's like Noah's ark, in ink.

Mr k0rn, the bar has been set.

:D

There's a little old lady who must be pushing 80 in my neighborhood that I see all the time.
She has literally hundreds of small-ish tattoos, seemingly done by as many artists.

One day I happened to be standing behind her at the grocery store, and I realized, there IS a theme!

(cashier to patron at beginning of line: "Oh so, how's your daughter these days?!")

trying very hard not to laugh, while also trying to confirm that yes, every single tattoo out of hundreds over her whole body, is indeed some sort of barnyard, wilderness, marine or domestic animal pair, "gettin' busy"!

Some looked like cartoons, others went for hyper-realism, there was even a unicorn pair...

Daftest tattoo I ever saw was a girl with a clothes label tattooed on the back of her neck so when people pointed it out she could inform them proudly the label wasn't really showing they'd just been fooled by her "hilarious" tattoo. That must have been funny once for a good two or three minutes.

Actually there was a worse one. I knew a naughty miscreant who had his name and date of birth tattooed on the side of his neck so he could angrily show it to the authorities rather than answer their questions. He didn't anticipate all his future victims also reading it.

Deleted member 110222

D

I'm sharing this with my friends. It's exactly the crude humour we crave.

Thanks Mr Nautical Navigational Aid.

I'm currently in negotiations with Mrs. Barron to get a tramp stamp (I don't really care what, but a unicorn would be fine). I'll be honest, I'm having a tough go of it so far. She just says things like "If you want reading material while you're back there bring a book along."

Deleted member 110222

D
I'm currently in negotiations with Mrs. Barron to get a tramp stamp (I don't really care what, but a unicorn would be fine). I'll be honest, I'm having a tough go of it so far. She just says things like "If you want reading material while you're back there bring a book along."
Boiled sweets. Literally everyone I know who has ink, and I know a lot, has been telling me this. Both keeps you occupied and keeps your blood sugar up.

Or get absolutely sloshed before you go into the tattoo parlour, so that you pass out in the chair :ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 110222

D
Or get absolutely sloshed before you go into the tattoo parlour, so that you pass out in the chair :ROFLMAO:
NO!

Under no circumstances should you be under even the slightest influence when you get inked!

The place I go to has a strict no-drunks policy, and will decline service if they suspect you've been drinking, even if it costs them a sale.

Some places won't turn away drunks, and those are places that, frankly, need to go out of business.

Now that I'm in the process, I'll be abstaining from drinking for a few months. I want this to go as perfectly as possible.

NO!

Under no circumstances should you be under even the slightest influence when you get inked!

The place I go to has a strict no-drunks policy, and will decline service if they suspect you've been drinking, even if it costs them a sale.

Some places won't turn away drunks, and those are places that, frankly, need to go out of business.

Now that I'm in the process, I'll be abstaining from drinking for a few months. I want this to go as perfectly as possible.

Absolutely! My reply was only tongue-in-cheek (y)

Yes, a reliable, reputable tattooist would never tattoo somebody who was under the influence of booze. I have three tattoos and each time I was asked if I had consumed any alcohol beforehand.

Top Bottom