Good Bye VR

So just played in pancake for a little while, and I have to say that the textures, even on the Main Menu and Loading screen where your ship rotates are amazing! So much better than my CV1 can produce. The animations on the FSS and DSS are much better.
However I will not be switching as even super-cruising through a system and avoiding the Slow down by getting too close to another body makes me need to turn my head. This is the problem, I'm just not "in" the game anymore.
Just like any middle aged male, I can forgive the lack of detail in my vision, but I can't go back to watching the game play out in front of me, when I should be part of it.

I recently packed my VR headset away in the closet, not because I'm tired of VR, but rather because it's Spring where I live and I don't like blocking out the sunshine and chirping birds and budding trees. I'm also not in the mood to play ED right now, even in VR, and the games I am in the mood for are 2D. So no sense leaving the HMD out to collect dust. I'm certain I'll be using it again in a couple of months during rainy season and the fleet carrier update.

As for Drew Wagar's Lore Tour, I'm not sure if I'll fly in VR or pancake mode. Thankfully it's trivial to take my HMD out of the box and plug it into my laptop on my table, so we'll see what my mood is when the day comes.

I recently packed my VR headset away in the closet, not because I'm tired of VR, but rather because it's Spring where I live and I don't like blocking out the sunshine and chirping birds and budding trees.

What about at night? Not sure you've thought this VR off season through.

Not with Vorpx. And it's still better than the official SkyrimVR, especially in you want a melee character. Owner and user of Vorpx since 2014.
Are you serious? I've been on VorpX for years and SkyrimVR is soo much better on my headsets. Vorpx, even with all the different profiles, was such a kluge fix compared with native support. Don't get me wrong, VorpX can be a good stop gap ( especially if they do a Vulkan version for Foundations ) but 'better than SkyrimVR'? This did make me kinda laugh in surprise when I read it.

Reminds me, Alien Isolation would've been good on VorpX if they could have done away with the letterbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom