Good Gods Frontier, please help to let me actually play ED....

I'm close to my wits end here, peeps: I have loved ED, but for probably about six months have not been able to log in after +1,000 hours of playing.

I have a steam account. I bought ED through Steam.

I played 1000+ hours on Steam, bought an Oculous Rift and loved playing in VR mode.

For over half a year now, I've been unable to play the game.

Every. Single. Time. I access through Steam I'm told that an "Update is required": ED is on high priority upgrade, I've shut down and restarted Steam. Well over several dozen times. Nothing changes. I've uninstalled ED and reinstalled it, but there's no change. Nada. I cannot log in.

Over and over and over and OVER and over again, I'm told to "Please purchase/redeem Elite Dangerous to continue.". Over and over and OVER I have entered my username/email, gone to my email account, received a five-random-character "password", and have entered that, only to be told yet again and again that I need to check my email account yet again for another password, which just repeats over and over again in a type of virtual hell for me: I'm clearly getting a unique, one-time password, but when I enter it on the UI, I'm told over and over and over again that I have a new 5-character password on my email account. I have repeated many, many dozens of time attempting to break through, and I am totally shut down by the repeated process of "here's a new key-- log in and verify!"

I cannot play ED. I'm blocked over and over for half a year. My Frontier account is linked to Steam, but I cannot log in to ED via Steam, via Frontier, via EDLaunch.exe (reinstalled 4x+ times now...)

Please, Frontier, fix things, contact me [e-mail addresses redacted] and let me know how I can access my account. I've tried for months to play ED and haven't been able log in...

Last edited by a moderator:
........ over and OVER and over again, I'm told to "Please purchase/redeem Elite Dangerous to continue.". O......

There is a specific FAQ about that issue:

... hope it helps. Good luck.

There is a specific FAQ about that issue:

... hope it helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, Commander! I've gone through that FAQ, followed some steps, but things are still broken. I've submitted a ticket to Frontier.

Top Bottom