General / Off-Topic Good news!

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
rockon-logo.png

Well done!

I got myself a bike (for free, courtesy of Tesco.lol), with the intention of riding the 2.1 miles to work every day.

The very next day, my car broke down, so I had to ride to work anyway. Felt good getting exercise, and beating the traffic.

Then my car un-broke itself, then we had that heatwave, so I've been cruising to work with the air conditioning on. Lol
(I can't really get to work all sweaty anyway).

But I actually miss my bike, so now it's cooling down, I'll take it again.

Maybe. Lol
When my face stops hurting.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Deleted member 110222

D
Well done!

I got myself a bike (for free, courtesy of Tesco.lol), with the intention of riding the 2.1 miles to work every day.

The very next day, my car broke down, so I had to ride to work anyway. Felt good getting exercise, and beating the traffic.

Then my car un-broke itself, then we had that heatwave, so I've been cruising to work with the air conditioning on. Lol
(I can't really get to work all sweaty anyway).

But I actually miss my bike, so now it's cooling down, I'll take it again.

Maybe. Lol
When my face stops hurting.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Aye, it's the perfect time to get back into cycling IMO.

I'll probs' add a pannier rack next month. I've grown fond of the prospect of making my bike a cargo-mover, and would save mum petrol money if instead I cycle to Aldi.

Deleted member 110222

D
The right direction here

Aye, half my breakfasts are fruit now. The other half just a slice of toast with Marmite and no butter.

I feel like I'm getting more energy for less, with said toast or fruit giving me energy until lunch, when I have a wrap filled with fruit/veg and a little meat.

Deleted member 115407

D
My best mate got hold of a bike for me!

It's not much but it works. Should be collecting it in a few days.

Un1, that's fantastic news! Cycling around is so fun, liberating, and most of all, rewarding!

If you keep up that diet and get on that bike, your going to start to see the pound melt away.

And remember, 3-4 15 mile rides in a week is better than one 60 mile ride on the weekend. Sustained fat burning... keep your body using that fuel.

Best if lucky, buddy. Let us know how your first ride goes!

P.S. always wear a helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
And before the effort, it is recommended not to eat (eventually just a cereal bar and a drink, to have the dynamism). The body burn more easily the fats when it has an empty stomach, because it search in its stored reserves of the previous days

;)

Last edited:
Aye, half my breakfasts are fruit now. The other half just a slice of toast with Marmite and no butter.

I feel like I'm getting more energy for less, with said toast or fruit giving me energy until lunch, when I have a wrap filled with fruit/veg and a little meat.

well, the toast are bad for you..... just saying, I know because I love toast and I need to eat them when my wife is not around, because THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU LOL. Fruits are good in the morning, but not in the evening, geez i sounding like my wife now....

JessicaSonnet

Volunteer Moderator
oh mannn i really need to get a bike, i just moved to the VERY EDGE of my town...takes about 40minutes to walk to the nearest shop. XD i know nothing about bikes though.....

Deleted member 115407

D
well, the toast are bad for you..... just saying, I know because I love toast and I need to eat them when my wife is not around, because THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU LOL. Fruits are good in the morning, but not in the evening, geez i sounding like my wife now....

Put enough time in on your bike and you can eat virtually anything.

And not slamming Un1, but at his weight he's going to be burning a good portion of calories compared to what he's taking in, if he just has a couple slices of toast with roofing tar smeared on them ;)

Just kidding, I enjoy vegemite/marmite. And avoiding too many complex carbs is good advice, any way you cut it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 115407

D
oh mannn i really need to get a bike, i just moved to the VERY EDGE of my town...takes about 40minutes to walk to the nearest shop. XD i know nothing about bikes though.....

You know how to ride one without falling down, right?

Deleted member 110222

D
Just got back from collecting it. Cycled half the distance home, but I've got some way to go.

It's something to aim for of course.

My local neighbourhood is great. We live right at the waterside of Portsmouth Harbour, will make for some refreshing breezes in the evening.

Just got back from collecting it. Cycled half the distance home, but I've got some way to go.

It's something to aim for of course.

My local neighbourhood is great. We live right at the waterside of Portsmouth Harbour, will make for some refreshing breezes in the evening.

This is a really positive thing Un1k0rn.

Does it have multiple gears?

I work part time as a professional bike tech for a large triathlon team/shop, and have been an official/tech for the Ironman World Championships

Feel free to ask me any questions or for an unbiased opinion on a potential purchase, PMs included.

Top Bottom