Goodbye cruel game!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It's been fun, commanders.
I just really want to thank everyone on the forums who's been helpful troubleshooting my experience and stuff, but I have to go, I'm sick of the game.

I really tried to give it my all, I really wanted to love this game. But I can't. I wrote a litany of complaints in my steam review here https://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/359320
I'll copy it cause I know how crap Steam is at handling links

Cya folks!

CMDR Polartechie 240 hours -
Final ship was a fully decked out Viper MK IV, with 2 plasma accels and 2 cannons.

I have to laugh here at some of the OP's criticisms of the game. I have plenty myself tbh, but hardly any of mine match his and i still play it. The one that makes me laugh the most is the comment about coming out of witchspace and only having three seconds to manoeuvre away from the destination star. Really? What happened to setting your throttle to zero while travelling in witchspace? Takes less than a second and cures that issue straight away.

Lack of weapon choices? Plenty there, don't know what he's on about. As to handing in bounties etc for missions, any space game i've played you hand them in form where you got the missions from. No idea what he's on about.

I agree that powerplay is a waste of time, seems way more random than it should be, and is still buggy as hell from years of tinkering by FD, you'd think they would have that sorted by now.

So 240 hrs played, you don't like the game, fair enough, but some of your criticisms are total nonsense, learn to play the game or don't basically.

And on a personal side note to FD, can they please fix the damn jumps left countdown marker as it's really annoying when it gets to 1 and the text disappears. Why didn't any of the devs see this before it was released?

OP Steam link took me to my own review...!

ED has its faults but if anyone finds the loading screen aka witchspace irritating, just go back and play Fallout 4 when it can take a couple of minutes to transition from an indoor scene back to the outside, especially close to Diamond City.

Doing the CG (in Solo) I've been interdicted a couple of times by NPC's but even in my 747 heavy T10 other than the time they caught me in the stars corona, I've been able to evade quite easily. I also like the auto dock and departure as it gives me a chance to glance at my stats or set up the next jump without using downtime in a station to do so. I do kind of agree re the bounties, it's easy to move on and be quite far from where you earned them - stations with the global voucher scheme where they take a % cut seem few and far between. Likewise with fines, these should be payable anywhere, for a small additional fee.

Surprisingly OP didn't mention the biggest single negative of the game - the ongoing unfettered griefing (aka online bullying) in Open - see latest reports affecting the current CG. Really time they got a grip on this as players like myself unlikely to venture out of Solo while it's still a feature.

NPC's follow the same rules as CMDR vessels do for FA On manuvering (and they cannot fly FA Off). Also, excepting the FSD, generally suffer from module damage the same way.
  • Charging FSD with weapons deployed
  • arriving with hardpoints deployed
  • Jump to another system and get full shields and hull back even if they just highwaked away 10 seconds ago
  • Unlimited SCBs
  • not affected by heat

Totally like players. :rolleyes:

• Jump to another system and get full shields and hull back even if they just highwaked away 10 seconds ago
  • Unlimited SCBs
  • not affected by heat
Instant shield deployment once scanned.
0% on hull and PD, still firing lasers and boosting all over the place.
Meanwhile my canopy is breached while I am at 80% on everything else.

Jumping from the asteroids, no mass lock.

Drop out of supercruise right at the station entrance.

Perma boost

more and more and such, still easy to kill

Last edited:
I have to laugh here at some of the OP's criticisms of the game. I have plenty myself tbh, but hardly any of mine match his and i still play it. The one that makes me laugh the most is the comment about coming out of witchspace and only having three seconds to manoeuvre away from the destination star. Really? What happened to setting your throttle to zero while travelling in witchspace? Takes less than a second and cures that issue straight away.

I read it as ‘there is only 3 seconds of actual gameplay in between watching the loading screen’. Which is an ongoing criticism when going long distances

240 hours in a few weeks is a full time job. Stop grinding, take the game casually, it's a proceduraly generated sandbox. I played 700 hours in two years and I would have already left without VR.

Edit : My bad, I confounded you with the guy from the other thread. But yeah, grinding jumps with the three same gazeous jpegs zoomed in would burn out anyone who plays videogames as an entertainment.

Last edited:
It's been fun, commanders.
I just really want to thank everyone on the forums who's been helpful troubleshooting my experience and stuff, but I have to go, I'm sick of the game.

I really tried to give it my all, I really wanted to love this game. But I can't. I wrote a litany of complaints in my steam review here https://store.steampowered.com/recommended/recommendgame/359320
I'll copy it cause I know how crap Steam is at handling links

Cya folks!

CMDR Polartechie 240 hours -
Final ship was a fully decked out Viper MK IV, with 2 plasma accels and 2 cannons.

Few pointers:

Learn to play, well, nevermind, glad you are leaving, you are not made for E:D
There is more than enough weapons to go around, you seem to lack imagination.
Speed limits? Again, seems to be a L2P issue.
Enemy NPCs...Let me go out on a limb and guess you suck so hard they own you...But, do you have evidence for all your claims? Or simply your lack of skill?

Final ship a viper...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, and after 240 hours...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Unlimited SCBs
  • not affected by heat

NPCs do not have unlimited SCBs, and never have.

NPCs are fully affected by heat, and generally always have been.

I can't say I've ever seen an NPC arrive with hardpoints deployed; all ships turn into a the pentagonal sensor contact the moment they start deploying hardpoints, which should be the same moment they arrive in the instance if they are expecting hostilities.

There have long been issues with NPCs being able to jump when they shouldn't, as well as with other aspects of travel that no doubt relate to them not actually existing until they are generated, and there are still occasionally persistence problems, though I've noticed that much of this was fixed recently.

Instant shield deployment once scanned.

Chances are their shields were never down.

Often a target has to be shot for it's current shield levels to register. This applies to other CMDRs at least as often as NPCs.

Drop out of supercruise right at the station entrance.

I used to be able to do this until changes to networking made the latency of manual drops less predictable.

Few pointers:

Learn to play, well, nevermind, glad you are leaving, you are not made for E:D
There is more than enough weapons to go around, you seem to lack imagination.
Speed limits? Again, seems to be a L2P issue.
Enemy NPCs...Let me go out on a limb and guess you suck so hard they own you...But, do you have evidence for all your claims? Or simply your lack of skill?

Final ship a viper...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, and after 240 hours...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Man, writing laughs in capslocks wont make your post funny or interesting to read.

• NPC's follow the same rules as CMDR vessels do for FA On manuvering (and they cannot fly FA Off). Also, excepting the FSD, generally suffer from module damage the same way.
I can confirm this. Once I was intercepted by an elite conda, trying for my palladium cargo. I had targeted its powerplant, but a successful timed boost placed me at its tail (don't ask me how, normally I suck at these maneuvers!). I fired with all I had, and the conda suddenly started letting off sparks and fume and just stood still, drifting in one direction (I think it was trying to boost jump away). I checked its subsystems, and its thrusters were down to 0%.
So yes, NPCs are pretty vulnerable to module damage. When they don't, its probably a bug, like that one that sometimes happens with powerplants at 0%.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom