Goodbye for Now

Of course. "Best one" is entirely subjective anyway.

What I'm saying is, there are other games out there that are better, from companies that don't release broken DLCs, or patches that break everything, that scratch the same itches that E: D used to scratch.

Elite Dangerous is not the only fruit.

I want to hear less about flouncing and beeswax and more about these alternate fruits!

I've had trouble finding games that scratch the same itches, myself.

I want to hear less about flouncing and beeswax and more about these alternate fruits!

I've had trouble finding games that scratch the same itches, myself.

It depends what your particular itch is. If it's starship dogfighting, there are loads of options out there.

For me, it's exploration, and especially space exploration. So for that, X4 and NMS scratch different aspects of that itch quite nicely. YMMV.

X4 also satisfies my love for ships, and fleet creation, and goes a step further with station & empire building.

NMS is just infinite, and with the right mods, almost infinitely varied as well. Planetary exploration is a joy.

If it's an FPS, because we have to mention Odyssey don't we :rolleyes: , then really you're spoiled for choice with the most unoriginal genre ever. Take your pick from literally tens of thousands.

It depends what your particular itch is. If it's starship dogfighting, there are loads of options out there.

For me, it's exploration, and especially space exploration. So for that, X4 and NMS scratch different aspects of that itch quite nicely. YMMV.

X4 also satisfies my love for ships, and fleet creation, and goes a step further with station & empire building.

NMS is just infinite, and with the right mods, almost infinitely varied as well. Planetary exploration is a joy.

If it's an FPS, because we have to mention Odyssey don't we :rolleyes: , then really you're spoiled for choice with the most unoriginal genre ever. Take your pick from literally tens of thousands.
It's accurate. You haven't mentioned SC for those who likes unfinished and performance heavy space games like Odyssey. But otherwise this is correct.

Are there options with similar physics to Elite's FA off?
Anything with VR?

You and Old Duck are really talking me into buying X4. And here I thought I read it was kind of a mess! Thanks for the suggestions.

Kerbal Space Program!!!!!!!!!!!

Best space exploration game ever IMO (and for me that next one is not close). Final patch is dropping 6/24.... as soon as my favorite mods are updated I'm going to dive in again.

Kerbal Space Program!!!!!!!!!!!

Best space exploration game ever IMO (and for me that next one is not close). Final patch is dropping 6/24.... as soon as my favorite mods are updated I'm going to dive in again.

Wait, you mean I don't have to worry about updates breaking my mods any more!?

Well...KSP is deffo gonna get reinstalled then.

Wait, you mean I don't have to worry about updates breaking my mods any more!?

Well...KSP is deffo gonna get reinstalled then.
Yep - 6/24 is the final update (at least that's what they are saying)

I hear you on the mods breaking - that's the worst part of the game lol.

Gimme your stuphs!

NauticalVengefulArchaeopteryx-size_restricted.gif

Top Bottom