Got my first Cyclops solo :)

In Asterope, right outside Copernicus Observatory. Krait MkII armed w/2 plasma chargers, 2 gauss cannons, 1 flak cannon, and a Guardian Lance fighter. 6c bi-weave shields around 990, hull strength is about 3100. Finished with 69% hull. Had to boost away a few times to let shields recharge. Hard to hit the swarm with only one flak cannon. Got the hearts with the gauss cannons.

I never saw an EMP, was expecting it after the 3rd heart? I may have boosted out of range before it went off.

First time using the plasma chargers, nice visual effects when they hit :)

And I didnt lose the canopy this time!!

Well congratz!
Still haven't gotten to render my video, perhaps today... I beat you by 1% hull :D
Oh and I also didn't get the EMP, probably firing heat sinks at the right moment and boosting away messes with their ai is my guess. EMP range is 10km btw.

Think I've got the hang of it now, got another 3 in a row. I switched to three gauss cannons and two flak cannons, it was easier.

I thought about moving to the next challenge (Basilisk) but I cant outrun one in the MkII. My phantom can outrun a Basilisk, but with one less hardpoint I'm not sure I could manage it.

Now that OP mentioned, I remember that during my last 2 or 3 Cyclops kills, I also didnt had an EMP. Didnt use heat sinks, and never went past 10Km from the Goid.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Nice!

I have not been able to solo a cyclops yet. Might be one of those Elite bucket list items that eludes me. I complained to Yamiks about it and he just told me to git gud.

So congrats on having gotten gud, OP.
;)

About the EMP - out of the 4 cyclops I've got so far, only one of them fired it. The other three cases where it didn't fire I was boosting away at high speed with the cyclops' back to me, but well within 10km. The one instance where it fired I was slowed down after getting caught by the yellow lightning.

Thought I was ready...all pips to SYS...then I hit the neutralizer but it didn't work. I still had the trigger depressed when it shut me down. Maybe I fired it too early...

Well, here are some results I didn't expect. Thought I'd try my Krait Phantom against a Cyclops in one of the incursion systems, so I went with 2x flak cannons and 2x gauss cannons. I killed it with 96% hull left, shields never went below 2 rings. Much better results than with my MkII. Doesn't make sense, maybe the higher boost speed makes a bigger difference than i thought it would. I didn't get hit nearly as much in the Phantom as I did in the MkII.

Popped mah cherry too... 1st Solo/ ever kill on Cyclops yesterday, it was my 3rd attempt at Thargoid engagements in all my 2000hrs of play time, ever since thargoid content arrived i never willingly engaged with it, apart from the non-consensual hyper space diction probing and all.

Achieved with the Alliance Challenger what fun that ship is and the low frequency humm of the thrusters it makes...gosh...i luv it. Previous 2 attempts were with Type 10, i like underdogs, but i was new and still learning and it was not succesful, will go back to it as i found speed to be the biggest advantage vs thargoids the Type 10 did not have. Plus my anxiety and panicking hitting all the wrong buttons did not help, lol deploying landing gear wotnot :) I shall return to the Battle Cattle soon...

Normal ammo used
Got to base with 21% Hull, but only coz i had to double dip in the caustic cloud trying to take a selfie of the space cabbage i just conquered! You know...for the MEME's

SAS Crucible (AX) - It is very fitting as i was melting myself and Thargoids

Popped mah cherry too... 1st Solo/ ever kill on Cyclops yesterday, it was my 3rd attempt at Thargoid engagements in all my 2000hrs of play time, ever since thargoid content arrived i never willingly engaged with it, apart from the non-consensual hyper space diction probing and all.

Achieved with the Alliance Challenger what fun that ship is and the low frequency humm of the thrusters it makes...gosh...i luv it. Previous 2 attempts were with Type 10, i like underdogs, but i was new and still learning and it was not succesful, will go back to it as i found speed to be the biggest advantage vs thargoids the Type 10 did not have. Plus my anxiety and panicking hitting all the wrong buttons did not help, lol deploying landing gear wotnot :) I shall return to the Battle Cattle soon...

Normal ammo used
Got to base with 21% Hull, but only coz i had to double dip in the caustic cloud trying to take a selfie of the space cabbage i just conquered! You know...for the MEME's

Congrats on your first solo !

Have to agree about speed being important, if you're faster than the interceptor you can boost away anytime and set the pace of the fight.

Normal ammo used

Congrats, good effort o7
Not surprised you were melting looking at your build ;) I accidently exposed my cargo scoop once, it wasn't impressed.

If you wait >5km away for the mat drops to reach 50% you can go back and take your time with the memes

Video yourself doing it with the T10, always like to see the battle cows in action.

Congrats, good effort o7
Not surprised you were melting looking at your build ;) I accidently exposed my cargo scoop once, it wasn't impressed.

If you wait >5km away for the mat drops to reach 50% you can go back and take your time with the memes

Video yourself doing it with the T10, always like to see the battle cows in action.
Thx for the tip, i shall do that. I have started outfitting the T10 again, tried another 2 attempts in it with different weaps incl the "New" Zende AMC's aint worth it IMO, especially on normal ammo and the fixed weaps convergence, Long Range G5 with Oversized...back to gauss and thermal vent beams for me. Will try and video the fight, if the Battle Cows can solo a Hydra then there is hope for me.

Yeah SAS Crucible mid fight is hotter than a $2 pistol or hotter'n a blister bug in a pepper patch! But heat don't bother me, if i smell mah nuts cookin...then i know ima still allive. :)

SAS THUNDA THIGHS - The Build i will probably stick to

Last edited:
the "New" Zende AMC's aint worth it IMO
I knew neither the MCs or rockets would be worth it before we got them, they're basically upgrades to MK 1 Cyclops combat, things have moved on a lot since then.

On the other hand, if they came in large/class 3 that would be a different thing:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7GFq6MTz1U

Will try and video the fight, if the Battle Cows can solo a Hydra then there is hope for me.
I've seen them, impressive skills and timing for that.

Yeah SAS Crucible mid fight is hotter than a $2 pistol or hotter'n a blister bug in a pepper patch! But heat don't bother me, if i smell mah nuts cookin...then i know ima still allive. :)
haha o7

SAS THUNDA THIGHS - The Build i will probably stick to
Thunder Thighs looks like a mighty cow indeed, good luck :)

Lol, & congrats op on your 1st solo :), you did a better job than I did. It didn't help that I started off goid fighting in a Python, although it has slightly stronger shields & stronger hull (it was kitted out with more HRPs than a Krait can take), it's slower speed, much slower turn rate & boost frequency & boost speed was a major handicap, as I later found out when I switched to the Krait.
I ditched the SDFN months ago, I just often forgot to use it initially, and I found the slot was better utilised with another shield booster, & now when an EMP is about to happen I've gotten pretty good at hitting FA off & then boosting, very rare that an EMP causes me problems now. Unless I get very unlucky & drift into another goid! Lol. That's only happened twice AFAIR, & 1 of those times I maintained enough speed to drift out of trouble.
I also ditched the flak cannon recently, I was very rarely using it anyway (I find it very hard to use as I need to alter the acceleration curves for my joystick), this does limit me to fighting Cyclops only for solo though, but that doesn't bother me. Also my Krait, the Thunder Child can only boost to 520 m/s anyway, interesting point you make about the Phantom though!

Top Bottom