Gotta love this supposed "Update...."

Console player having a whinge here so I apologise....

Was highly anticipating this event of Thargoids/Proteus wave etc...

And what do us console players get???

DeBrIs FiElDs

X CaP sHiP POIs*

Both of which don't even (well in my experience...) Spawn anything to scoop or scan.

Is this seriously it for us console players??? (Granted console cancellation Odyssey etc etc... Yadda Yadda)

ik horizons as of now is a bit "left behind" till the code merge(not sure if consoles will get the code merge) and i'm also sorry and was outraged when they announced that the development for consoles would be cancelled

but didnt they say that consoles will be canceled? so what is the surprise on not having new content when they said there would be no new content on consoles?

No kidding. More than three hours since the Update and Canonn hasn't solved every new piece of lore/mystery yet. Those guys are slacking!

;)
they gettin' lazy with the content drought from the previous years, we need more speed, why didn't they solve within an hour? this is outrageous, unnaceptable!
/s

For a free update that renews the Guardian/Thargoid story lines, provided a really cool in-game story line video (finally - an actual IN-GAME video rather than having to watch Twitter feeds, and has reset the end-game PvE gameplay - I think it is a welcome update.

For one I didn't think FDev would actually send players back to stage-0 fighting the thargoids... but they did. I think the game impact will be worthwhile - everything was getting stale. Plus we have no idea what other story driven plot that has been stall can now move forward - SOMETHING Guardian/Thargoid related is unfolding

Thanks FDev!

Console player having a whinge here so I apologise....

Was highly anticipating this event of Thargoids/Proteus wave etc...

And what do us console players get???

DeBrIs FiElDs

X CaP sHiP POIs*

Both of which don't even (well in my experience...) Spawn anything to scoop or scan.

Is this seriously it for us console players??? (Granted console cancellation Odyssey etc etc... Yadda Yadda)
If you'd bothered to read the comms you'd know the narrative and content is coming over a period of time.

Nothing new ya. Glowing spot on the planet. Goids mad. Back to normal gameplay. A cutscene and months wait time for this numbered update.

Frontier is like one foot in one foot out on Elite. Wonder how large the team working on it now is cause there can't be many. This long for this little... Jesus.

"Live service", it's live alright... but the service is just... abysmal. Everything is so half-backed in Elite. You take a look at their other games and how polished they are. Not sure about the dino game but the tycoon games they got, man they look great play great, and just feel AAA. You look at Elite and it's all half-baked and rushed.

The main game came out half-finished you would think they would have learned... Nah Horizons came out half finished, you would think this time... this time they will learn... Nah Odyssey came out not only unfinished in terms of content but also didn't run well for a ton of people, beta testing basically. Now, these lackluster updates were released and then surprised Pickacu face "why not like?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom