Gotta love this supposed "Update...."

I love the idea of Thargoids showing up almost anywhere, at any time and crashing the party. I hope this spreads out to other systems.

Also, can't help but think this is similar how the Gnosis thing should have gone.

From the press release linked in that thread:
"Therefore, Horizons players will be able to witness the final event in the Azimuth Saga and access related gameplay scenarios."
They didn't lie. You can see the movie and generic mess around. It does not say how much details you will see total.

You literally just quoted a post with the official statement mentioning gameplay. 😉😉😉
Oh ye, you can access game play scenarios. There are none yet it seems. Also you can convert guardian relics to green unknown relics (however not sure, don't use Horizons). At least you can try.

The PC playerbase received the exact same thing. FDEV gives us little snippits and it's up to our imagination to do the rest.
EDH only gave a mediocre cut scene ( the weapons fire was ??) no in game commander interaction . Taken from the update news
"Therefore, Horizons players will be able to witness the final event in the Azimuth Saga and access related gameplay scenarios."
Nope didn't happen and I think that's what annoys the most , it was the last big bang for everyone together . As after this EDO and EDH will be totally separate .

Nah they already said EDH is on the back burner for good . Once 4.0 comes out and console transfers , EDH 3.8 will become a thing of the past .

Yep. Can verify. I went back to HIP 22460 in Horizons after visiting in Odyssey and it is dead space in Horizons.
No thargoids anywhere. No logs at Bright Sentinel. But you can request docking at Bright Sentinel (no response), get pad loitering warnings, and get fined by Azimuth Biotech. (I received at 1000 CR fine for something)
You can scoop some materials around the ship, though. I also tried entering a huge debris field. Empty except for ship wreckage in a green cloud.

Gotta be bugged, not intentionally excluding Horizons. Besides wouldn't be FDEV without a buggy patch.
Did you get any good or unique materials, is it worth a trip?...

Also the pad loitering fine is really weird! - why should you get in trouble for flying too close to a dead ship?!...

Unless it was supposed to do something else, like be a target for rescue missions etc!

I'm one of the Horizons/PS4 players who only got scraps in this patch, who desperately wants this game and Odyssey to release in full on PS5!
(While SOME actually new content in the PS4 version would be nice, as would cross play be for all versions - say between PS4, Xbox One and PC 3.8 and between PS5, Series X and 4.0 PC!) :D .

Last edited:
No, Horizons is currently 3.8, it will be updated to 4.0 in the next few weeks, at which point you will have a choice of 3.8 or 4.0, this is why players on Horizons can't see the Thargoid surface site in the HIP system, because that site is based on the new planetary tech that will be implemented in 4.0 and I expect they will see it then, but FDEV certainly weren't going to make 2 versions, one for 3.8 and the old planetary tech and one for 4.0 with the new planetary tech.
It surely wouldn't have been that hard to give both versions a hopefully pretty similar experience, at least in this patch....

The announcement thread about 4.0 seemed to suggest it'd be after the merge everybody without 4.0 would be "cut off", making me and I'm sure plenty others think this would be our last proper patch - the patch notes were quite a shock!!

Could they not give us a new ship or six and a few new weapons and modules etc (and hopefully cross play) before they slamed the door shut?! - well I guess not! :_

Nah they already said EDH is on the back burner for good . Once 4.0 comes out and console transfers , EDH 3.8 will become a thing of the past .
Yes but it's not out yet, nor did the transfers happen yet*, so we weren't expecting to be basically cut off, JUST yet! :_ .

*Not that they interest many of us, I don't have a PC powerful enough to play Odyssey and don't want to play this or 99% of games on PC even if I did! :0 :D

Indeed, I demand SOME new gameplay as the press release promised! :0 :D .
I do it whole the evening - making green relics, delivering to Ram/Palin. If you check the story about "Unknown Artifact", then in addition this green thing involves tonnes of beer, forums, chats and other gameplay for many days coming.

Top Bottom