Grand Powerplay Suggestion- Loyalty States

While the title is a bold statement, almost any addition to Powerplay would be welcomed, as for years it has been neglected and treated more as 'additional content' as opposed to an actual game feature.

Here is my suggestion:

-Introduce a 'loyalty' system-
what is VERY odd at current is that individuals who 'Defect' receive no real sign of distrust (apart from a merit deduction) players can quickly skip from power to power and earn points all the same. what I suggest is a loyalty system to add a layer to Powerplay that can Benefit/ impair players. the system will have various states I which the player can be placed, players can gain trust by completing certain actions and staying allied with powers with a certain amount of time. State examples are;

-Enemy, Players who have commited crimes against a power will be granted Enemy status, this status is temporary but it means you will simply not be able to defect to the afflicted power until your status cools off, however if a player defects to another rival power this benefits a slight Loyalty boost (Enemy of my enemy type scenario).

-Disloyal, Granted as second worst state for players, commonly granted to those who have Defected numerous times in a short period of time, Players with this status will only receive 25% of Merits and weekly payout.

- Untrustworthy, Granted if the player defects within a larger time period, this is simular to above as if carries a deduction in reward earnings, player will receive 75% of Merits and weekly payouts.

-Neutral, Same reward as current. middle ground for defecting to a power.

-Trustworthy, Through being active for 2 weeks and completing tasks the player will achieve this rank awarding +25% to all merits and weekly payouts. It is at this point that players will have immediate access to PP modules/ PP tech broker (if ever added, would be considerably more versatile with plus side of permanent unlock.)

-loyal, Through being active for 4 Weeks and completing certain tasks, Player receives +100% Merits and rewards.

-Devotee/ Honoured, For advanced players (there are a few, and we CAN'T forget them ;) ) after 3 months players will receive an additional +10% to all merits and rewards per month passed beyond this point (+120% every year!). ensuring the most loyal PP players get the best rewards and incentives.

there you have it, this idea could be a lot more polished, but it is a start for a more advanced and rewarding system.

let me know what you think! ;)

CMDR Jaylem

Nice suggestions! The difficulty would be in differentiating between good and bad actions. If its a blind "you've pledged for 16 weeks and moved 10K merits" then that does not gate 5C problems. However, if the underpinning gameplay was changed so that 5C was more difficult to do or eliminated your idea would be great.

One extra idea for a reward would be that at the top you gain a permit to a special power system that could have some sort of perk- maybe a mini Jameson Memorial.

Nice suggestions! The difficulty would be in differentiating between good and bad actions. If its a blind "you've pledged for 16 weeks and moved 10K merits" then that does not gate 5C problems. However, if the underpinning gameplay was changed so that 5C was more difficult to do or eliminated your idea would be great.

One extra idea for a reward would be that at the top you gain a permit to a special power system that could have some sort of perk- maybe a mini Jameson Memorial.

That is a great idea! maybe not as exclusive as Jameson, but all modules are available at a smaller discount (powerplay weapons are -75% off ;) ) but that is a great idea to expand on this system, currently there isn't much of a layer for PP, anything that could be added (within reason) would only help elevate it ;)

Top Bottom