Graphic Glitch in Crouch Walk

Good for you.

Then why is it an issue of a renderer?
When the problem is in bone rigging, and model weighting?
1st person model animations just synced with 3rd. They're not equal.
Obviously they use the same model / animation for 1st and 3rd person view. Common practice, to simplify artist work.

Good for you.

What I mean is that on a 3rd person view, the animator wants the flashlight to move like that, for artistic purpose. Only they forgot it would obscure the 1st person view. And this is easily fixable by programmers by tweaking renderers.

Edit : much smarter to fix the renderer (1 variables) than to create 2 different animations.

Good for you.

In first person mode your character head is not rendered to avoid problems with mesh parts blocking your view.
They should do the same with backpack and things that are attached to it, like flashlight.

Obviously they use the same model / animation for 1st and 3rd person view. Common practice, to simplify artist work.
They used lower part (below belt) for leg animations, they used 1st person hands. Possibly poorly cleaned from 3rd person model leftovers.
They just poorly tested idles, walkings and readies for stealth.

It has nothing common with render.
Render just rendering.
Example of render bug is rainbow planetary rings for AMD cards.

They used lower part (below belt) for leg animations, they used 1st person hands. Possibly poorly cleaned from 3rd person model leftovers.
They just poorly tested idles, walkings and readies for stealth.

It has nothing common with render.
Render just rendering.
Example of render bug is rainbow planetary rings for AMD cards.
It costs less dev / artist time to hide renderers than to redo / duplicate animation.

than to redo animation
Grab some bones and take them away from camera is time costy?
Or using "culling" annotations for bones which accidentially appearing on screen?
Stop talking nonsense.

It's not a big deal to fix animations, job of minutes.

Grab some bones and take them away from camera is time costy?
Or using "culling" annotations for bones which accidentially appearing on screen?
Stop talking nonsense.

It's not a big deal to fix animations, job of minutes.
Bruh, if you have 2 animations, then you need a whole framework of code to conditionally choose which one to display. Stop fantasying.

Yeah, it called behavior. For Havok, at least.
Which is technically another animation file.
So what?

:LOL:

Render issue? Ok, bruh.
I mean if you want to do a game, you have to be pragmatic. No dev team would buy your solution. You ask for double of work for programmers and artists. While we can disable renderers by tweaking one boolean. Let's not argue about this, it's already what FDev coincidently does (and most of the companies I worked in honestly).

you have to be pragmatic
You have to do tests.
And testing department was created for this.
Sounds like money throwing away.

Again - it not a big deal to clean 1st person meshes from useless parts. Or fix some animations from extra things.
Animation compilation is a deal of some seconds.
Just give couple of days to the laziest animator and he'll fix all issues.

Last edited:
You have to do tests.
And testing department was created for this.
Sounds like money throwing away.

Again - it not a big deal to clean 1st person meshes from useless parts. Or fix some animations from extra things.
Animation compilation is a deal of some seconds.
Just give couple of days to the laziest animator and he'll fix all issues.
Yeah, sure, videogames are made by animators alone.

One day you'll understand that nothing in a software works without coding behind (programmers), especially animation and rendering.
Understandable, have a nice day.
(Meanwhile, I can hide, move or do anything with bones directly, or with annotations(hide), or clean 1st Person hand mesh with usual 3d editor. 0 code lines used.)

Understandable, have a nice day.
(Meanwhile, I can hide, move or do anything with bones directly, or with annotations(hide), or clean 1st Person hand mesh with usual 3d editor. 0 code lines used.)
Then try to implement it in an actual game engine, and make 50 characters run around. Then you let me know how it went.

My take is you have a singular camera and that as the model transitions the model clips into view. You won't get clipping in the standing pose, but crouching you scrunch up the model.

You could bodge moving the camera slightly forwards on crouching of the clipped model, or alter the animation (the former being the easiest).

My take is you have a singular camera and that as the model transitions the model clips into view. You won't get clipping in the standing pose, but crouching you scrunch up the model.

You could bodge moving the camera slightly forwards on crouching of the clipped model, or alter the animation (the former being the easiest).
The problem with those solutions is that you'll have a lot of edge-cases and bad surprises because of the growing number of suit cosmetics.

When you start to use conditional logic for this kind of things, dev cost will grow exponentially. That's why it's cheaper to simply disable renderers, once for all.

Top Bottom