Horizons Graphic Tweaks, Dreamscape Feeling & alii

@Insomnia - thanks for that link, I'll give it a whirl. I've been wanting to get rid of that ghastly orange ever since I bought the game. If only it looked like it does in Space Engine.

Modded galaxy background:
27598830721_6a0385864c_h.jpg

Setting the LocalDustBrightness to -0.12 in GraphicsConfiguration.xml. Setting it to -0.15 will make it blue but it will also make it very bright.

Setting the LocalDustBrightness to -0.12 in GraphicsConfiguration.xml. Setting it to -0.15 will make it blue but it will also make it very bright.

Excellent. I was just about to ask what value you used as I just found out in game -0.15 was better but too bright. That screenshot of yours looks ideal.
I'm so happy - at last no more luridly orange milky way, clouds are improved at 4096 and it all looks so much better. There really should be a sticky thread where all these tweaks are gathered together and easy to find.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I have a bit of a problem here... I don't have the GraphicsConfiguration.xml file (the original). Only the --Override.xml file. Any help?

I have a bit of a problem here... I don't have the GraphicsConfiguration.xml file (the original). Only the --Override.xml file. Any help?

Err, I think that it's not possible, period. Are you sure you're in the right folder?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Excellent. I was just about to ask what value you used as I just found out in game -0.15 was better but too bright. That screenshot of yours looks ideal.
I'm so happy - at last no more luridly orange milky way, clouds are improved at 4096 and it all looks so much better. There really should be a sticky thread where all these tweaks are gathered together and easy to find.
Thank you.

If you know or have found others, lemme know so I can add them! The point of this thread is to gather all of them, actually :D But I haven't found many tweaks, when I looked out for them.

Err, I think that it's not possible, period. Are you sure you're in the right folder?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

If you know or have found others, lemme know so I can add them! The point of this thread is to gather all of them, actually :D But I haven't found many tweaks, when I looked out for them.

You should add to the first page that texture aspect ratio needs to stay the same as original. So that 4096 is the best. If you tweak it as you like there might be stretching and other unwanted quirky stuff.

Last edited:

Only know of those that change the colour of the ship's HUD but you're probably already aware of them. What I meant was that this thread needs to be pinned to the top of the forum page so it doesn't eventually drop out of sight.

Just tried this in VR, felt like I was 6 hours into a heavy LSD trip. What do I adjust to tone down the galaxy background?

Has anyone found a way to remove or reduce the dust particles visible in supercruise and during jumps? I'm talking about the streaks that appear to be going all around your ship and even seem like they should be hitting you. I thought I saw something about it but I can't find it now.

It would be nice if there were an option to disable them. In supercruise we already have the hud lines to give the feeling of movement.

Has anyone found a way to remove or reduce the dust particles visible in supercruise and during jumps? I'm talking about the streaks that appear to be going all around your ship and even seem like they should be hitting you. I thought I saw something about it but I can't find it now.

It would be nice if there were an option to disable them. In supercruise we already have the hud lines to give the feeling of movement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDange...st_buster_a_new_mod_to_remove_the_space_dust/

I fiddled yesterday a bit more with galaxy background. Center of the galaxy BG is still quite bright, but not super, but I rather like the tails of it. It's possible to remove the bright center but then then galaxy BG shrinks to real small.

27600374122_60df726d6b_h.jpg

27084718373_cd05c27915_h.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom