Graphics Settings: Please implement Temporal Anti Aliasing

Please, I beg Frontier to implement Temporal Anti Aliasing, TAA or TXAA for Elite Dangerous. Some people don't like it, but many people like it. It's in GTAV, and War Thunder and for me it looks great in VR, a must. Frontier have already implemented Temporal Anti Aliasing in JWE and Planet Zoo. For me it looks significantly more realistic when things get a little blurred in the distance than all this bad shimmering due to sharp aliasing.

Last edited:
  1. Any plans to introduce improved anti aliasing in Odyssey?
    We are not changing this engine, we are however looking at any issues and fixing them ready for launch.

It's one of the things that stood out in the Odyssey gameplay reveal trailer at around 30 second mark when the player walks outside towards the compound was the anti-aliasing or the need for better AA.

All this effort, with lighting, models, atmospheres and GFX in general... yet without a "working" AA option is utterly pointless and a waste of time, as no matter how hard i try to appreciate the graphics i can't.
The bottom of the barrel AA implementation in Elite is just s*i*e & ruins the game... IMHO ofc

Top Bottom