Griefers at Farseer Inc

I sometimes go there in open just to see who is there murdering people. Deciat gankers are pretty much never going to add anything of value to my game. They are to PvPers, what lot lizards are to first floor prostitutes.
Blocking them is perfectly acceptable.

Isn't the block feature amazing? :D
My take on the block feature is that it is the technically easy solution to a problem that fdev have not really wanted to solve properly via the C&P system. Just think how the game could be if there were properly policed high sec systems where a murder hobo’s life would not be worth living (constant serial interdictions by the ATR), but if a trader strays into a low sec system due to lack of attention when plotting their route (or they fancied a high risk high profit trade) then whatever happens will happen. I think SOLO is better than blocking anyway, as you KNOW that you will not be ganked, and you can easily swap back to open after visiting the engineer or whatever.

"Once upon a time, Benny, there was a wonderful world where every day was filled with warm sunshine, the birds would flock to you to sing in your ear and the words "griefer" and "ganker" were actually used correctly to describe something other than a single player in a multiplayer computer game engaging in an encounter with another player in that game, which was a game where such encounters were wholly part of said game and entirely within the rules agreed to by both players when playing said game."

"That was a rubbish story, grandpa. Ima gank me some noobs and grief them until they rage quit life."

I actually park at Farseer and patrol the zone to make it a little bit safer, trying to give some additional time to scape to the visiting ships.

From this perspective, gankers bring some gameplay that otherwise turns dull in the long run.

Despite of that, they are hateable, I understand. It is not polite to attack regular ships in a wing of engineered G5 FDLs and such.

That's why I like to play on the other side, and I'm not the only one, although nobody talks about us.

I think that the player community could stop these kind of attitudes and enforce security in the system, but not yet a trend nowadays.

download (21).jpg

Yes, we must block people who engage in PvP. I mean really, people engaging in PvP in a game that allows people to engage in PvP. They must be doing something wrong and should be blocked for it. Right? The humanity!

All joking aside, but blocking people for engaging in PvP in a game that allows people to engage in PvP is utterly absurd to me. That's just abusing the blocking functionality. If you must, don't block them for it, go to Solo where you belong.
I'd never block a PvP player... (otherwise I'd be blocking 90% of my main's squadron) but then, I'd never bother engineering in open in Deciat either - too many children in a grown-up area...

My take on the block feature is that it is the technically easy solution to a problem that fdev have not really wanted to solve properly via the C&P system. Just think how the game could be if there were properly policed high sec systems where a murder hobo’s life would not be worth living (constant serial interdictions by the ATR), but if a trader strays into a low sec system due to lack of attention when plotting their route (or they fancied a high risk high profit trade) then whatever happens will happen. I think SOLO is better than blocking anyway, as you KNOW that you will not be ganked, and you can easily swap back to open after visiting the engineer or whatever.
The reason I choose to block rather than switch to Solo is because I enjoy encountering other CMDRs, and the majority of CMDRs are not murder-hobos who rely on end-game ships to prey on the weak. My block list is surprisingly small, yet it completely changes the game for me, as it allows me to continue to interact with the majority of players without the game-ruining experience of being killed by the same person 10 times in a row. I have no interest in hiding in Solo jail just because a small percentage of the community are bad apples.

Reminder - I only block those who succeed in killing me in cold blood in secure systems. Since I'm actually a decent pilot, this usually means they are using "easy mode" G5 FDLs or other ships against my much weaker ship. I actually enjoy PvP, but griefer-ganking is no more PvP than an adult beating up kids at the playground is MMA. A bunch of antisocial noobs, that lot. Now if you want to gank me in your Eagle or Cobra, well that would be interesting for a change! Until then, iBlock ;)

I'm telling people, forget about Deciat. There is g5 FSD engineer waiting to work on your ship in Khun, peaceful sector and peaceful area.

I actually park at Farseer and patrol the zone to make it a little bit safer, trying to give some additional time to scape to the visiting ships.

From this perspective, gankers bring some gameplay that otherwise turns dull in the long run.

Despite of that, they are hateable, I understand. It is not polite to attack regular ships in a wing of engineered G5 FDLs and such.

That's why I like to play on the other side, and I'm not the only one, although nobody talks about us.

I think that the player community could stop these kind of attitudes and enforce security in the system, but not yet a trend nowadays.
Apparently its too hard to enforce security yourself. Cos of instancing and timezone, not worth the effort.

They are common replies. But that begs the question how come the people seal clubbing (whether in group or friendless) can instance with people in their own timezone???

I like your idea OP.

Cheers
Thanks
Simon

I'm telling people, forget about Deciat. There is g5 FSD engineer waiting to work on your ship in Khun, peaceful sector and peaceful area.
You get a lot of bang for your buck (travel time) with Felicity, however. I can engineer my FSD, drives, power plant, sensors, and surface scanner all in one go. Sure, some of those are just G1, but even G1 can be a great improvement over vanilla, especially for new players.

That and Farseer is a pretty cool base!

Apparently its too hard to enforce security yourself. Cos of instancing and timezone, not worth the effort.

They are common replies. But that begs the question how come the people seal clubbing (whether in group or friendless) can instance with people in their own timezone???

I like your idea OP.

Cheers
Thanks
Simon
Yep, nice idea, unfortunately though fdev doesn’t provide tools for pvp bounty hunting, which is probably more difficult than pvp piracy.

The reason I choose to block rather than switch to Solo is because I enjoy encountering other CMDRs, and the majority of CMDRs are not murder-hobos who rely on end-game ships to prey on the weak. My block list is surprisingly small, yet it completely changes the game for me, as it allows me to continue to interact with the majority of players without the game-ruining experience of being killed by the same person 10 times in a row. I have no interest in hiding in Solo jail just because a small percentage of the community are bad apples.

Reminder - I only block those who succeed in killing me in cold blood in secure systems. Since I'm actually a decent pilot, this usually means they are using "easy mode" G5 FDLs or other ships against my much weaker ship. I actually enjoy PvP, but griefer-ganking is no more PvP than an adult beating up kids at the playground is MMA. A bunch of antisocial noobs, that lot. Now if you want to gank me in your Eagle or Cobra, well that would be interesting for a change! Until then, iBlock ;)
I was sorely tempted to block the usual wing of gankers at the cg after their serial interdictions of my sidey, which they didn’t manage to kill. Similarly while doing pvp piracy at the high sell sites, there is a goood case of blocking them in the hope that the miners get instanced with me rather than them.

Top Bottom