Distant Worlds II Event Griefers ruined the Distant Worlds 2 preparations

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Why not discuss?

In not a native english speaker as you probably can guess so my grammar and words may be off a little bit.

"...with people like you" - And by "people like me" you mean?

Carebears, weak minded people who get upset because someone on the internet said something bad, you know exactly what i mean!

"You call everyone a psycho with mental problems" - I do? If we discuss someone within the game flying around killing person, after person, after person, after person, for no reason, you're suggesting my term "psycho" is not analogous? If they're doing it over and over and over, is that not habitual?

Yes you do, are you that forgetful? Its the same "back handed derogatory terms", in your words, as if im labeling people like you carebear, you dont even see the hypocrisy!
And just because you dont know what their reason is doesnt mean there is none. But it doesnt matter at all because they dont need a reason, its part of the gameplay so just stop tiptoeing around it.

If someone is destroys a ship for no reason ("illegally") does it make sense that goes unnoticed in 99.9+% of the galaxy?

If they are doing it habitually, does it makes sense it goes by unnoticed?

Can you not see any conditions and fashion whereby habitual "illegal" (for no reason) destruction should not be held accountable?

Yes it makes sense because 99.9+% of the galaxy are anarchy, what are you not understanding?

Could you please answer my question?

Now i have a question for you, why do you differentiate between games like ED and for example games like GTA or any other game in which you can attack other players within the rules of the game?

...Now a year later the same people who cried about the harsh C&P system are crying about it, not being harsh enough....

Just can't help yourself can you :) Yet more unfounded sweeping generalisations and insults... Who are these "same people"? Who are the people who "cried"? Indeed, why are they still "crying"?

Are you really this incapable of just make a point without "dressing it up"? Why?

Last edited:
Who are these "same people"? Who are people who "cried"? Indeed why are they "crying"?
You havent seen all the whiny threads after the new C&P mechanics got introduced? I call bull, you just dodge my point again, Same as with the last question i had for you and youre wondering why were tired of duscussing with people like you....

Carebears, weak minded people who get upset because someone on the internet said something bad, you know exactly what i mean!
And you're declaring I'm such a person? Why make things needlessly personal?

I'll assume English being your second language is the reason for this misunderstanding...

Yes you do, are you that forgetful? Its the same "back handed derogatory terms", in your words, as if im labeling people like you carebear, you dont even see the hypocrisy!
And just because you dont know what their reason is doesnt mean there is none. But it doesnt matter at all because they dont need a reason, its part of the gameplay so just stop tiptoeing around it.
Again, you don't think someone carrying out illegal murder/destruction after illegal murder/destruction after illegal murder/destruction could be described as acting like a psycho? You don't think if they're doing it over and over and over, it can be termed "habitual"? We're discussing the style/nature of behaviour of someone in the game? Not real life!?!

I'll assume English being your second language is the reason for this misunderstanding...

Yes it makes sense because 99.9+% of the galaxy are anarchy, what are you not understanding?
But that's only the reason you can behave this way in 99.9% of the galaxy and destroy CMDR after CMDR, over and over again, without a single negative outcome to you. The question was, does it make sense from a game play and game universe point of view that you can destroy CMDR after CMDR in these locations, habitually, without negative outcomes?

IMHO, it does not make sense. Personally I think only true Anarchy (government) system should behave this way, and anything should go there! - They are (hand-wavium) actively blocking all security communications (hence "Anarchy").

However at Beagle Point? That should not be "Security: Anarchy" but "Security: None". And therefore "illegal" destruction in non-government systems should not go unnoticed. And specifically habitual behaviour of that nature should not go unnoticed. If you see an issue with this, fine. Feel free to discuss (politely please).

ps: But PLEASE drop the "people like you", "carebear" and "crying" terms... Please!

You havent seen all the whiny threads after the new C&P mechanics got introduced? I call bull, you just dodge my point again, Same as with the last question i had for you and youre wondering why were tired of duscussing with people like you....
TBH, I'm not even sure what your point is given all the loaded generalisation and insults in them. If you can give me a nice polite question (for a change) I'll gladly answer it.

Last edited:
There rules of engagement are now such that the engineered ships can tank most cops, yes it makes player killing easier, but that player has the same capacity for upgrades you do when you attack them. So whinging that they did'nt prepare accordingly, is thier fault.
Oh I absolutely agree. Any explorer popping into OPEN at the moment, and falling foul to a griefer etc, it's their mistake/fault. ie: The DW2 explorers meeting their rebuy screens... It's their fault!

BUT, the simple point at hand is - if we can discuss things politely/sensibly - is, do the current mechanics make sense? Does it make sense I can go out and spend the next two weeks at common/busy exploration locations, and habitually destroy as many CMDRs in exploration ships as I can? Knowing full well not a single negative thing will befall me!

Does it make sense from a game play point of view? Does it makes sense form a game outcome point of view? DOes it make sense from a game universe point of view?

My suggestion is simply, such habitual behaviour should not be totally ignored... I think C&P should be applying pressure against such behaviour. It cannot stop it, and should not stop it, but it can rein it in and hold it sensibly accountable. Ignoring it completely IMHO makes no sense form a game play or game universe POV.

ps: And in conjuction with the above I think it's uber important PvP actually gets some solid constructive orchestration in the game. It's had basically none... Ultimately, make the game offer appealling, easier to access PvP. And penalise the more unwanted (ganking) flavour of it.

Last edited:
7xwYAU2.jpg

If you carefully look further down that image, it says, "or have a polite constructive conversation with people."

And TBH, that one would make a pleasant change from your previous posts.

Last edited:
The thing that's hilarious is by clicking start then selecting an open server means that you have just agreed to human interactions. It even says it! This includes the good and the bad I'm afraid.

If you are in open and you get murdered because you're flying around in a paper ship and you can't defend yourself in, then that is on you plain and simple.

Just imagine if explorers looked at the danger of being shot at and killed with the same eyes that they perceive the danger of high g planets or overheating from a star.

I don't see them all screaming for high g planets to be lessened/removed or for heat to be nerfed. Can you imaging that "fdev stop griefing me with your content" No they just go 'oh well my bad, didn't give myself enough shields or thrusters and should've put a heat sink on. Maybe I need to practice landing more"

Being shot at in open is exactly the same, how people can't see that is beyond me.

If you are using "toxic" for anything other than chemical or biological (It's not the best use but I'll let it slide) agents, please stop.

On a happier note, I think if you got caught with your pants down, learn from it. That's all you need to do. Be thankful you got ganked at the starting line. Better that than someone catching you coming in with all that juicy data.

Last edited:
Language evolves and the use of Toxic as a simile, e.g. Toxic relationship is perfectly acceptable and breaks no conventional rules, not even made up interweb ones.

I don't recall citing rules, conventional or otherwise. I just asked to please stop.

The intense uncomfortable feelings I have from your vicious attack on me are not welcome. Please stop.

You don't thing that such habitual psychotic behaviour should be held accountable in some form?

Does it make sense from a game play point of view? Does it makes sense form a game outcome point of view? DOes it make sense from a game universe point of view?

Ladies and Gents,

I now read through all pages... pheew...

From a newbie perspective I would like to contribute my line of thought, in particular concerning a certain description of the events that is pushed over and over again especially by you NeilF, hence the quotes.

First of all, I promise I will make it crisp and short!

We all will undoubtedly agree that 1. It is a game and 2. if someone disagrees to 1. yeah well, personally and from the distance, at a glance, I would be tempted to conclude a possible psychotic episode or more severe condition to be possible.

Anything other than that, and I doubt there is a single person here that falls into the 2. category, I do take issue NeilF with your highly prejudicial distinction of the so called "Griefers".

I think "Megatronfinger's" description of the evening was pretty accurate and needs no further explanation. You call him psychotic because you disagree with some of the games mechanics? Think again Neilf.

Does it make sense from a game play point of view?

Yes!

Does it makes sense form a game outcome point of view?

There is no outcome in this game.

DOes it make sense from a game universe point of view?

Friedman-Robertson-Walker space-time interacting with Lotka-Volterra type (predator-prey) equations where dark energy-dark matter-matter or dark energy-dark matter-matter-radiation has a strange attractor.

Only those who fall into category 2. as per above will score positive on the Prodromal Questionnaire, and as there are zero people here falling into this category, I would kindly ask you to refrain from slandering individual players or groups of players as psychotic.

Last but not least, if you should ever come across someone diagnosed with a certain form of psychosis, please remember, it is a severe mental illness, and not a conscious habitual decision made by an individual.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best wishes
MaxG10

Last edited:
It’s the weekend! Yay! Perhaps this thread will die off now as people have better things to do - like play Elite!!! [up]

Last edited:
It’s the weekend! Yay! Perhaps this thread will die off now as people have better things to do - like play Elite!!! [up]

I wish, I still have to pack about 100 boxes for the big move, but sneaked in a few hours last night, and hey, I made my very first bounty kill in a CZ. I don't know how I managed but eventually he cracked up. Where can you read, understand better the radar thing in the middle of your cockpit. Green friendly, red potential enemy, but triangle, square, grey color and so on is not clear to me. Hard to mantain overview when the radar is crowded..... oh pink is attacking me I think. Right?

Last edited:
Thanks! Is a hollow grey rectengular neutral? Why don't they get out instead of risking to pick up ricochets. LOL

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom