Grinding Imp and Fed Rank

Hello Commanders!

Apologies if this has been posted previously (if so please direct me to the post)

But is there a new efficient way to farm imp and fed rank? Read that the old Ngalinn-Mainani route was nerfed but don't want to waste time seeing if its true or not as its rather out the way.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Cheers

For Imp rank, HIP 8444 / HIP 8758 works quite well - take a Python or Krait (medium pads on outposts only) and haul precious metals and run courier missions. Cash and rank.

It works because there is only one other star with trade nearby so you can stack heaps of missions to the same place.

Last edited:
For Imp rank, HIP 8444 / HIP 8758 works quite well - take a Python or Krait (medium pads on outposts only) and haul precious metals and run courier missions. Cash and rank.

It works because there is only one other star with trade nearby so you can stack heaps of missions to the same place.
I will give that a go! Just bought myself a Python last night.

Why run when you can walk? Enjoy the game, take various, different missions.

It took me just under three weeks to get my Federal Corvette, and there was no grinding involved. Enjoyed every moment of it.

Rushing things by grinding can lead to being disillusioned when you finally get your hands on the desired object. I'm off now, gotta fit the modules to my newest acquisition. :)

For fed rank try ceos<>sothis cmdr.
alternatively take your med-pad ship and do courier runs around Ochosi until you've allied all the fed factions and then start loading up the rep++++ planetary scan missions. Do not do them in your SRV, though. Tag the targets with your ship's data scanner. You'll have to pretty much have your nose in contact with the terminal before it can be targeted in most cases but your ships shields can tank the incoming fire from skimmers and you can chaff off any turrets easily long enough for you to scan it, boost up and get into SC. For multiple missions to the same location, if you hang a loop as soon as you get into SC you'll drop immediately with the instance reset, continue the loop and you're pointing right back at the target again less than 20km out. A little "cleaner" and "more legit" than landing and relogging. If you got unlucky and had to boost out of there with your scan data while a load of turrets and a couple of guard ships are both munching on your shields, just hang in SC at minimum power for a while before looping back, taking advantage of the faster shield recharge in SC.

You'l get bounties for the trespassing but the outpost and planetary base in Ochosi both have Interstellar factors and you wont be taking missions that get you wanted there. There is one fed faction that will end up hating your guts, because the vast majority of those scan missions target them, but that's ok - you can slow down the decline of your rep with them by always making sure you cash in their missions last, when they can do most to repair your damaged rep - but this wont prevent you ending up with them hostile twards you, it just means it will take longer to happen. Your superpower rep wont take a hit from this because you are doing the missions for another fed faction.

Why run when you can walk? Enjoy the game, take various, different missions.

It took me just under three weeks to get my Federal Corvette, and there was no grinding involved. Enjoyed every moment of it.

Rushing things by grinding can lead to being disillusioned when you finally get your hands on the desired object. I'm off now, gotta fit the modules to my newest acquisition. :)
Took me 2 weeks after buying the game to get an Anaconda, I also enjoyed every moment of it. Really more like 3 days, and the rest of it before that was me learning stuff.

Didnt even bother with most of the ships in between, went straight from an Asp X to a Conda.

Then back to an Asp X and grinded for an Imperial Clipper, and at some point I picked up a FAS and FGS for the occasional combat mission.

Then sold all of it for a Corvette when I eventually grinded the ranks for that. All and all took me about 2 monthes. Wouldnt say I didnt enjoy the journey, but I prefer being at the destination.

Anyways I just wanted to share, thanks for reading.

Top Bottom