Grinding Imperial Rank

I've been going for about a month to get from Baron to Duke. I only play 1-2 hours every few days as the BB missions I am running (data transfers) has gotten very boring.

I'm about 73% Earl now... Only 1 and 1/4 more ranks to go!!! Urgh... Probably another few weeks at the pace I've been going.

Missions from Hip 10716 to wu guinagi and back again.
What size Landing Pads are available? I'm slap bang in between these systems and the one my Asp Explorer is stored in, so I don't particularly fancy a 800Ly round trip if my 'Conda can't land there lol

Shu babassi is I really good system for data missions for the empire. You'll need horizons though as the best one to stack missions is a planetary port and so is the destination. It only gives data missions to one system and its only 12 ly out. The rank missions take you 111+lys out so take a fuel scoop

Shu babassi is I really good system for data missions for the empire. You'll need horizons though as the best one to stack missions is a planetary port and so is the destination. It only gives data missions to one system and its only 12 ly out. The rank missions take you 111+lys out so take a fuel scoop

Yep, I went from Baron to Duke in 4 days :)

What size Landing Pads are available? I'm slap bang in between these systems and the one my Asp Explorer is stored in, so I don't particularly fancy a 800Ly round trip if my 'Conda can't land there lol

Most are outpost (medium only) Though you can hit the planetary base in HIP and there is 1 Coriolis in Wu. I would recomend taking a Medium pad ship (Python, Asp) for the HIP -> Wu runs.

We should try and keep the hip - wu guanagi a little low key dont you think? Look what happened to sothis, fehu, etc when it blew up online

We should try and keep the hip - wu guanagi a little low key dont you think? Look what happened to sothis, fehu, etc when it blew up online

Way too late... People have been blowing up this spot for awhile now on the forums.

Still a lot of work to get rank anyway.

I am getting 7-10% rank per round trip. Each round trip takes about an hour. So, from Baron to Duke I am looking at about 40hrs (+/-).

Many thanks for this Cmdr. Most helpful.

o7

This is good for Fed rank but what about Empire?
I made it to Count 100% running around Cubeo, but now I can't find a promo anywhere. :[
I want my Cutter!!! Got a Conda & Vette.

All I want is my clipper, man, I needs it.

I found a cluster of high population systems where at some point in time I've become fully allied to all the imperial factions within them. They're all under 20ly from each other so I've just been stacking data courier missions (BORING) and taking the occasional cargo mission though those are usually more trouble than they're worth. There's war in three of the systems as well so I've been getting the occasional donation mission which helps.

I know I know "Don't grind this game!, you won't have fun!" yeah well only by putting your nose to the grindstone can you actually make any progress with Imperial rank. Most missions will only give me 1%, sometimes I'll turn in 2 or 3 missions and not get a single percent towards the next rank. I'm Knight going for Earl, btw.

All I want is my clipper, man, I needs it.

I found a cluster of high population systems where at some point in time I've become fully allied to all the imperial factions within them. They're all under 20ly from each other so I've just been stacking data courier missions (BORING) and taking the occasional cargo mission though those are usually more trouble than they're worth. There's war in three of the systems as well so I've been getting the occasional donation mission which helps.

I know I know "Don't grind this game!, you won't have fun!" yeah well only by putting your nose to the grindstone can you actually make any progress with Imperial rank. Most missions will only give me 1%, sometimes I'll turn in 2 or 3 missions and not get a single percent towards the next rank. I'm Knight going for Earl, btw.
not gonna lie I had a clipper from a cg a ways back with no rank I wound yp selling cause of costs to repair it/rebuy... kinda regretting doing that

Last edited:
So this weekend I finally headed back over to HIP10716 to carry on my rank progression missions I started before Horizons came out and distracted me forever.

I don't know if I'm having bad luck today, but.... It feels like the missions are definitely starting to dry up. I'm not too bummed as I got my Clipper just before Horizons, and my rep is so high in these systems there's still plenty of Mission Board delivery missions I can get that pay 2-3mil. But seems like the Data Courier ranking missions are definitely on the dwindle.

Top Bottom