Group / Squadron community goal for Fleet Carrier Credits

Dear Frontier Development

If im brutally honest Frontier 5 billion takes the biscuit just a bit when it comes to buying the Carriers as of 35 minutes ago
and being a System group leader of ( The Swords of Lp 787-52 ) i wanted to see how the purchase system worked

I was surprised to find out that you have to source the entire 5 billion yourself
and to be honest that is a massive tag for even the biggest of CMDR's out there ( don't quote me ) .

I feel if you made the game so CMDR'S could donate to a shared goal it would feel more like a group effort ( basically a group grind and we all know how much you guys at frontier like us grinding )

i dont mean this in a aggressive way but if you expect us to make this money Solo Please for the love of god stop Nerfing the Cake out of amazing money making methods and gold rushes you always seem to over do Nerf's to the point where it kills the disciplines such as ( 'Bounty hunting' 'Passenger missions ' 'Trading' 'Exploration' ' Sentry Skimmer destruction missions' ETC you get the picture.

please if anyone agrees with me up-vote or do what ever you do get this seen by the big boys at frontier

Your faithfully CMDR-Bad4ssjedi :)
a

Last edited:
laughing bigger.gif

Sorry, but it had to be done.

Go a week leisurely mining in whatever the new hotspot is and you can buy a tricked out carrier plus 1 year of upkeep easily.
Carriers were squadron assets at the beginning, until the mob screamed that that is not fair, so now we have this. They are still lots of fun and usefull. You can even use them as a now 1 person bought and owned "squadron asset".

You're playing the game wrong. :p

You have to do the latest exploit-y money grab and you'll make a billion in 1-2 hours. Everything else is pointless if you're after credits.

I'd much perfer squadron owned Fleet Carriers too. I hate the idea of buying a fleet carrier, having my squadron come to rely on it, and then have it fall apart because I myself need to take a break from the game. Squadrons being able to buy fleet carriers and share the cost and upkeep would be more sustainable in my mind.

pfft wish I could buy more than one FC... I'd have a mining shop FC, a CG / Trade FC, a exploration/trit sales FC, and a move around like a boss FC :D

If anything they should be a little pricier, it's so easy to make credits in the game I could buy multiples. If folks are having a hard time earning credits I recommend socializing more, the more you talk with folks the more tricks you learn to make credits.

You can use a Carrier to transfer cash between players. Of course the irony is that at least one of them needs to get a Carrier first.

I guess you weren't here when people were asking for them to be solo assets. I'm very happy that I own my own carrier.

And FD haven't even nerfed anything yet. You're getting your knickers in a twist over something that we haven't yet seen a) by how much they will nerf mining and b) how much they will buff other things.

And remember, this is FD, when this balance pass is finished, there will likely just be another way to make megabucks, it might just not be mining. We've been here before many times. Long travel time rassenger missions were the previous darling, rares were a thing, high bounties were a thing, certain trade routes were a thing (Robigo smuggling). There will always be a way to make quick and easy credits.

Top Bottom