GTA V free on EGS ....

aAerV5E_460swp.jpg

I picked a lot of freebies on EGS... played only Metro for like a couple of hours. Then i got back to ED
Edit: but i couldn't pass the opportunity to get GTA V :)

Dunno why people are so down on epic, I have picked up some pretty decent freebies from them. So hey whatever, do your thing

Because Epic buys their way into the market instead of offering a good client - and the whole exclusive strategy set a pretty bad precedent in PC gaming.

Because Epic buys their way into the market instead of offering a good client - and the whole exclusive strategy set a pretty bad precedent in PC gaming.
They aren't the first or last company to employ those tactics in a capitalist society and I'm guessing most people have relented at some time if they really wanted something.
Do you ever wonder if these 'hate' campaigns are started by another capitalist company with something to gain? I remember an email that went around years ago telling everyone to stop buying fuel from BP which would make them bring their prices down and therefore make all the other suppliers bring their prices down to compete. No, it just means that there would be one less supplier in the market to create competition (OK, I know that oil producers are not the greatest comparison for competition but you catch my drift)

They aren't the first or last company to employ those tactics in a capitalist society and I'm guessing most people have relented at some time if they really wanted something.
Do you ever wonder if these 'hate' campaigns are started by another capitalist company with something to gain? I remember an email that went around years ago telling everyone to stop buying fuel from BP which would make them bring their prices down and therefore make all the other suppliers bring their prices down to compete. No, it just means that there would be one less supplier in the market to create competition (OK, I know that oil producers are not the greatest comparison for competition but you catch my drift)

I don't want to touch on the oil producers, because it is easy to drift towards politics, and I don't think Valve has anything to do with the pushback against Epic's policies.

Capitalism allows a lot of dirty tactics, but contemporary companies at least try to be show a 'socially and morally responsible' behavior and carefully craft their image.
It seems Epic doesn't give a flying biowaste about that, much like villains in comic books that show a friendly public face. It already gave them a bad image, and while we 'can haz free stuff' will obviously won't fail as long as they have deep pockets from other revenue sources, by time they will forced to adopt a sustainable business model (i.e. there is a reason why Valve didn't follow suit).

I don't want to touch on the oil producers, because it is easy to drift towards politics, and I don't think Valve has anything to do with the pushback against Epic's policies.

Capitalism allows a lot of dirty tactics, but contemporary companies at least try to be show a 'socially and morally responsible' behavior and carefully craft their image.
It seems Epic doesn't give a flying biowaste about that, much like villains in comic books that show a friendly public face. It already gave them a bad image, and while we 'can haz free stuff' will obviously won't fail as long as they have deep pockets from other revenue sources, by time they will forced to adopt a sustainable business model (i.e. there is a reason why Valve didn't follow suit).
Valve is not an innocent party here, they have done their part in creating a monopoly. In fact I feel they were one of the forerunners in trying to create a stranglehold on game developers and it would be in their interest to reduce any competition

Civ4 is now free
Civ VI I think you meant.

I've just recently gotten over my annoyance with Epic and started looking at it like it was petty and self defeating. I wound up buying Snowrunner on that store and boy am I glad that I did as it's easily one of my favorite games in recent years. Can't say enough good about it, actually. At the end of the day the game store debate isn't important to me at all and I only care about is getting the quality games that I enjoy playing. Ultimately more competition is good for players.

Im not a fan of the way epic does things but been thinking of grabbing this, but somthing is still niggling me about doing it.

Top Bottom