Horizons GTX970 SLI Users

Anyone using GTX 970s in SLI over three screens?

I got lucky and found the receipt to an old 970 that randomly died, so I now have two.

What kind of performance are you getting on planet surfaces? I'd like 60fps solid at ultra for V-sync. Can I expect that kind of performance?

Last edited:
I have 3 screens and GTX 780ti SLI and I use HIGH setting as ULTRA is too slow on the surface
Space 120-200 fps
Around stations and in them 40-100
Planet surface 25-50

Bad news is, looking online, my Gcard setup is roughly 4% faster than yours ! :(
(if you had 2 of the GTX 980ti you would have a setup 30% faster than mine)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

p.s. The advantage of triple screens are your FOV is much greater, side canopy windows on outside screens.
try it, screenshot in triple then in single :)

I'm already playing at 5760x1080! The only other acceptable screens now would be a 21:9 or a projector (which I also have :))

At the moment, I get 40-50fps on custom settings (ultra everything else, but high terrain generation).

If you can I would sell both and buy a 980ti, there have been plenty of comparison tests done by many YouTube channels that say while in a very few games and some productivity applications you will get a performance increase in the vast majority of cases the single higher spec card wins out in the end due to almost no games being optimised for multiple graphics cards.

Worth looking in to a little I think.

Sli not working with win 10 but working win 7 and I get steady 60 fps 770 sli in planet surfaces all ultra expect material quality high, resolution 1920x1080. I recommended install win 7!

If you can I would sell both and buy a 980ti, there have been plenty of comparison tests done by many YouTube channels that say while in a very few games and some productivity applications you will get a performance increase in the vast majority of cases the single higher spec card wins out in the end due to almost no games being optimised for multiple graphics cards.

Worth looking in to a little I think.
Looks like I'm going to have to - the new card is a variant model (they didn't have the exact same model as it was a slightly older version that went 'pop'), and the SLI bridge won't detect. I can force SLI over the PCI-E bus with a performance penalty, but unfortunately due to the different port configurations and the dirty hack, surround won't work, regardless of the output configurations.

I have only one monitor but at 21:9 so 3440x1440 res and two 970 sli, running ultra will get 60fps vsync :)

Btw I only used to get 35-40 on planets until I realised sli was not working, but once that was set up I get 60 everywhere

Last edited:
I have that setup, gtx970 in SLI. three 1080p screens. Aaaaaannnddd.
60fps in space and Res sites 55 in stations,
35-40 on planets, ice worlds most demanding.
I have set planet terrain to 'high' along with planet textures. Or what ever its called. Shadows set to 'high' and SMAA set to 1.0.
The game runs good with zero issues using my setup.. Ask away of you require additional information
Agree with the other guy that a single 980Ti is better. You will have use of 6Gb of VRAM. only 3.5 with 970 even in SLI.

Flimley

Last edited:
Top Bottom