Guardian FSD Question

I'd be grateful for a little clarification on this matter please.
Once you've successfully scanned the orb and received the blueprint for the Guardian FSD booster, do you have it permanently or is it consumed once the booster has been built? I appreciate that you'd need to acquire all the other components in order to build more boosters, but do you need to go and scan the orb and get the blueprint for each subsequent booster build? Also, are the FSD boosters interchangeable between your ships, or do you have to do the whole thing for each ship? Or is the blueprint available for all of your ships once you've got it?

You use and lose the blueprint and the module is unlocked to buy in all sizes or indeed, to buy one and transfer from ship to ship as long as it fits. Say you buy a size 5 one, it will of course need a 5 slot to sit in.

Basically, you need only ever need the blueprint once to have access to numerous boosters in all available sizes.

Last edited:
You use and lose the blueprint and the module is unlocked to buy in all sizes or indeed, to buy one and transfer from ship to ship as long as it fits. Say you buy a size 5 one, it will of course need a 5 slot to sit in.

Basically, you need only ever need the blueprint once to have access to numerous boosters in all available sizes.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

I'd be grateful for a little clarification on this matter please.
Once you've successfully scanned the orb and received the blueprint for the Guardian FSD booster, do you have it permanently or is it consumed once the booster has been built? I appreciate that you'd need to acquire all the other components in order to build more boosters, but do you need to go and scan the orb and get the blueprint for each subsequent booster build? Also, are the FSD boosters interchangeable between your ships, or do you have to do the whole thing for each ship? Or is the blueprint available for all of your ships once you've got it?
If unlock it once it is permanently unlocked and you can buy and sell it like any other module. If you want 5 boosters you only need to get the materials once to unlock it. It's the same for all the other guardian equipment as well except the weapon sizes need to be unlocked separately.

You only need one blueprint for each type of Guardian upgrade; it does not get consumed. For example you need a Guardian blue print for modules and another for weapons.

Blueprints are consumed when you use it at a broker to unlock the module, but once you unlocked the module you can buy as many modules as you want. Of that module. Some weapons have different unlocks for different sizes, and they will each require another blueprint.

You need more blueprints if you want to unlock other modules. As listed at the broker. Where it lists the recipes. And the required parts for the recipe.

When you try it you will probably understand.

Top Bottom