Guardian Power distributor screenshots or stats? Also really wish *all* experimental weapons had gimballed versions. Especially hard bringing out a big ship like the Anaconda to get fixed mounts to hit the target. Particularly with the scout. The earlier Thargaroid ships were easier to hit.

I havent got a screenshot, but i can say the Power Distributor weighs a little more then a 5A version, produces a little more heat. But!!! gives my AspX an 88% extra recharge rate to sys's, eng's and wep's. Also if you have the Guardian Hybrid Power Plant it increases you power Output to 104%.

You're much better off getting an A rated normal distributor and engineering it for Charged Enhanced since it gives you the EXACT SAME effect as a Guardian distributor (minus the slight unnoticeable increase in power output) but better stats across the board.

Last edited:
You're much better off getting an A rated normal distributor and engineering it for Charged Enhanced since it gives you the EXACT SAME effect as a Guardian distributor (minus the slight unnoticeable increase in power output) but better stats across the board.

I dunno, when you got like a lot of ships, it's a good option to go with, especially if you don't use all the ships that often and don't want to use up materials engineering new power plants and distributors.

Last edited:
I havent got a screenshot, but i can say the Power Distributor weighs a little more then a 5A version, produces a little more heat. But!!! gives my AspX an 88% extra recharge rate to sys's, eng's and wep's. Also if you have the Guardian Hybrid Power Plant it increases you power Output to 104%.
I will fix you here. ANY power plant will get increasing power output to 4% which is 104 in total.

In short, my Belief s that either The Guardians liked roasting in their own ships or humanity has disgraced their tech beyond recognition....

reason being is that these modules ( Guardian Power distributor and PP) are not exactly as top of the line as our human ones, in fact both of these can be trumped by engineer upgrades alone. in the scenario of the PP, yes the guardian one does have a higher power capacity, but Human PP can be engineered to comfortable ranges and still not have THAT much heat!!! 0.1 extra is a big number to a person who like to keep things frosty..... fire railguns twice and we have ourselves a barbeque!

Power distributor much the same, go for engineered grade 5 rapid charge plus the special effect with additional charge already surpasses that of the guardian one. capacity may not be as much I think, but with rapid charge you can out charge the power used and shoot forever completely outdoing capacity.

The power boost is just a gimmick but an interesting one (in that future guardian modules may indeed link boosting overall ship stats beyond engineers). when I heard this thing also generates 'more' heat I cried a little and lost interest immediately. pair this up with the Guardian PP and it would be interesting to see if you can take off without spontaneous combustion.

Guardian FSD Booster on the other hand looked alright, but will be re-released next major update. If only we had a way to counter the heat (like an inbuilt Guardian heatsink) that could reduce the excessive heat generated by these modules, then they would be well and truly worth wile!!

In short, my Belief s that either The Guardians liked roasting in their own ships or humanity has disgraced their tech beyond recognition....

reason being is that these modules ( Guardian Power distributor and PP) are not exactly as top of the line as our human ones, in fact both of these can be trumped by engineer upgrades alone. in the scenario of the PP, yes the guardian one does have a higher power capacity, but Human PP can be engineered to comfortable ranges and still not have THAT much heat!!! 0.1 extra is a big number to a person who like to keep things frosty..... fire railguns twice and we have ourselves a barbeque!

Power distributor much the same, go for engineered grade 5 rapid charge plus the special effect with additional charge already surpasses that of the guardian one. capacity may not be as much I think, but with rapid charge you can out charge the power used and shoot forever completely outdoing capacity.

The power boost is just a gimmick but an interesting one (in that future guardian modules may indeed link boosting overall ship stats beyond engineers). when I heard this thing also generates 'more' heat I cried a little and lost interest immediately. pair this up with the Guardian PP and it would be interesting to see if you can take off without spontaneous combustion.

Guardian FSD Booster on the other hand looked alright, but will be re-released next major update. If only we had a way to counter the heat (like an inbuilt Guardian heatsink) that could reduce the excessive heat generated by these modules, then they would be well and truly worth wile!!
I use a GPP and a GPD. I also use SRB Rails and Thermo Conduit PAs. The Chieftain cools off really quickly to compensate for the heat. I also use MRPs. It gets a bit toasty, but I don't mind.

Overall I'd like to see more synergy effects with other Guardian tech as well. The built in heatsink sounds really fun, btw.

It also depends on the ships you fly as well. Some ships generate quite a bit of heat by default so the guardian modules aren't a good choice.

I’m 90% sure we will be able to engineer guardian tech in the future! Witch will make them better then human tech.
so I’d say they are worth getting and at the very least storing for future use!

I’m building a anti Thargoid ship and for the fun of it (and usefulness) I’m trying to tech it out with Alienware!

On a side note!

I heard art something about guardian shield / shield boosters?! But can’t find any info! Can any one confirm?

Last edited:
Top Bottom