Guardian Orbs. Do they Exist anymore?

I thay done multiple thousand light year trips across multiple new sites. I have spent hours driving around and hours flying around (yes you can detect the guardian items flying low and slow in a fighter) and found any number of caskets, urns and relics but no orbs.

I read in these forums that they are sometimes found out side the sites having rolled dowm slopes so I expanded my search areas with no results.

I am thinking I might need to go to the original sites but I seem to have lost my bookmarks for them.

Any I deas on where to find orbs? I want to get the upgraded FSD for my first exploration trip in my conda but thus far it has taken me multiple weeks playing when I can for no results. This is really beginning to annoy me.

Can be found at the original Guardian sites

Use the Civilization filter of the Gal Map and they show up in system when within 1000 LS

Any I deas on where to find orbs? I want to get the upgraded FSD for my first exploration trip in my conda but thus far it has taken me multiple weeks playing when I can for no results. This is really beginning to annoy me.

What's the connection between guardian orbs and FSD upgrades?

Apparently to get the guardian tech upgrade to your frame shift drive you need to get a blueprint for. To access that blue print you need if I remember correctly an Orb and an Urn in your SRV with you. This guardian stuff is really beginning to feel convoluted.

Apparently to get the guardian tech upgrade to your frame shift drive you need to get a blueprint for. To access that blue print you need if I remember correctly an Orb and an Urn in your SRV with you. This guardian stuff is really beginning to feel convoluted.

Sounds like you have confused the data logs and the blue prints

Ram Tahs missions need different combinations of the artefacts to activate the obelisks to get the guardian log entries

The Blueprints come from activating the Guardian Machine via the Pylons and Ancient Arefacts

What do you folks reckon the new guardian thing is a data and material trader at a guardian space port?

Wouldnt surprise me but god I really hope not. Is there anything more hokey and played out than "Oooh mysterious ancient alien race wiped out aeons ago leaving only their strange advanced crystal-based technology behind - Oh wait SURPRISE they are back and still alive after all"?

Elite's big twist with The Guardians, if they really want to blow our minds, ought to be "yeah they're all dead remember when we said they were all dead before? Well they really are all dead. No there's not a handful of lone survivors coming here to warn us no there's not an obscure long-lost splinter civilization which just so happens to have crossed paths with us at this exact moment; they really are all dead wiped out by the mysterious deadly force which really is mysterious and deadly. Humanity is on its own all The Guardians left behind is robots and weird artifacts."

Wouldnt surprise me but god I really hope not. Is there anything more hokey and played out than "Oooh mysterious ancient alien race wiped out aeons ago leaving only their strange advanced crystal-based technology behind - Oh wait SURPRISE they are back and still alive after all"?

Elite's big twist with The Guardians, if they really want to blow our minds, ought to be "yeah they're all dead remember when we said they were all dead before? Well they really are all dead. No there's not a handful of lone survivors coming here to warn us no there's not an obscure long-lost splinter civilization which just so happens to have crossed paths with us at this exact moment; they really are all dead wiped out by the mysterious deadly force which really is mysterious and deadly. Humanity is on its own all The Guardians left behind is robots and weird artifacts."

A view I'm sympathetic to. That doesn't prevent them saying that the Guardian AI achieved sentience and that's what we're trading with.
Personally I'm hoping for a really big puzzle that either unlocks a guardian ship or a means to heavily modify our current ships.
When FDev said they "have plans for the Asp scout" for instance I wonder if this is what they meant. That it'd become a platform for serious modification.

As I recall from my last trip out there, the closest Guardian Ruins site to Sol has at least one Orb lying around somewhere. Easy enough to find, just do a galaxy map filter for "Civilization: Guardian" and it should show up as a blue dot.

Top Bottom