Guardians Discussions

Pretty much that, if we take guardian ruins (not around regor sector and near the bubble) they tend to be localised to just that area, however the ones around regor towards the bubble and col70 also push back towards eta carina and out to where this chap found these and the others already in the nebula sort of pointing towards this permit lock.

Also yes there are tons of systems on the border of that permit lock with brain trees more than iv seen in such an area compared to other places. I spent a year out that way and have my name on many systems due to it, i did post it a few times however i think either due to distnace or no finding any new types of ruins or newer "items" it was i think just left as one of those "its just more of the same thing"
Well, I’m still not sure on the pointing bit - think we’ll need to see it visually. Sounds too much at the moment like a slightly arbiritrary joining of a specific selection of various dots. (No offence intended by that, btw, again prossibly just an issue with describing something where you’re familiar with the map view of it all to people who aren’t!)

The Braintrees on the edge of the area - yeah that’s a definite sign though.

As to why no sites have been found - well that’s simply because they’re actually just very rare. Finding them in a big area’s difficult.

Check the image near the top of post 3 to see why so many have been found where they’ve been found in the main area.

Anyway, on my part, I’ve not seen any posts about Braintrees around the permit locked region you’re talking about, otherwise I would have said what I’m saying here! 😀

Main things to do:

- pics of a Braintree site on the locked region border

- independent verification of the Braintree’s being present

- establishing the boundaries of the Braintree fields

- searching for sites

(With regard to the first two, I’m not doubting your word, those two points are just standard good practice.)

To establish the boundaries, it‘s a case of flying away from the permit locked region in a multitude of direction, and marking where the Braintrees stop occurring. (I can make a prediction on what will be found, but might be better to let people find out first rather than potentially biasing it!)

This makes it 7 systems in the vicinity of NGC 3199,, found 3 ruins on 2 bodies two days ago at NGC 3199 Sector XJ-A D10 :)
Great work! That’s starting to look like one of the more densely populated remote Guardian areas!

Out of interest, roughly how far is it from there to NGC 3603?

Edit - have answered the question on locations and shown them on a map, see later post . Thanks for offering to check though, @Rudi Raumkraut ! :D

Last edited:
Being that there is hundreds of Systems with Lagrange clouds around NGC 3199, i am thinking there may be a connection between Clouds and Guardians

Being that there is hundreds of Systems with Lagrange clouds around NGC 3199, i am thinking there may be a connection between Clouds and Guardians
Nope.

If you want more info on NSPs, Lagrangian clouds and such, I have written a guide on the subject. They are independent of Guardian areas.

Also, looking at this thread, the discovery of Guardian ruins just outside the permit-locked IC 4673 nebula (planetary, center system is Hen 2-333) went unreported here. Three systems found so far:
Graea Hypue LS-S d4-3
Graea Hypue LS-S d4-81
Graea Hypue QL-V b19-15

The brain trees of the area extend out to exactly 750 ly from Hen 2-333 (much farther than they do in the other distant Guardian areas), except the systems which are in the neighbouring Norma Arm region.

Nope.

If you want more info on NSPs, Lagrangian clouds and such, I have written a guide on the subject. They are independent of Guardian areas.

Also, looking at this thread, the discovery of Guardian ruins just outside the permit-locked IC 4673 nebula (planetary, center system is Hen 2-333) went unreported here. Three systems found so far:
Graea Hypue LS-S d4-3
Graea Hypue LS-S d4-81
Graea Hypue QL-V b19-15

The brain trees of the area extend out to exactly 750 ly from Hen 2-333 (much farther than they do in the other distant Guardian areas), except the systems which are in the neighbouring Norma Arm region.
Yeah, am just getting round to doing a major update for everyone with respect to all the things identified in the original post, including what’s been found around Hen 2-333.

In short though, given what @Davanix is also reporting about NGC 3603, there seem to be 3 major Guardian bubbles found, all centred on permit locked regions.

Two have things highly in common. Still need confirmation on to what degree the one reported by Davanix has in common with the other two.

Have there been any Guardian ruins found outside the NGC 3603 permit lock, or is it just the brain trees so far? Also, how far out does the brain tree field there extend?

Have there been any Guardian ruins found outside the NGC 3603 permit lock, or is it just the brain trees so far? Also, how far out does the brain tree field there extend?
Its the first I'd heard of it when @Davanix brought it up earlier, but from what he's said, the answer is no on the Ruins.

But yeah, the Braintree field extent is the main next thing to establish. Have already mentioned it to Davanix a few posts back:

Main things to do:

- pics of a Braintree site on the locked region border

- independent verification of the Braintree’s being present

- establishing the boundaries of the Braintree fields

- searching for sites

For my part, what I did last night was to do a check for the other common factor - a WR at the centre of the permit lock.

I couldn't find one for NGC 3603, but could have missed it, so it'd be good if others could have a look as well.

Ok, folks, I'm going to do a big update on things from the original post. In advance though here's all the points from the original post:

------------------------------------------------

Things that are there and unsolved include:
• Words & phrases which could be found hidden in audio from around the original site
• 'Barcodes' in the spectrograms of the audio from the obelisks
• The glyphs (The triangular displays/patterns on the obelisks, the ancient relic, and the base of the relic towers).
• An object that is inside the ancient relics
• Binary or Trinary coding in the alignment of obelisks in rows

The more open questions or areas of investigation include:

• Finding the other Guardian bubble
• What forced the Exodus from the original Guardian bubble?
• Finding the Guardian homeworld
• Mapping the extent of the known Guardian bubble
• Would the Guardian bubble have extended into Col 70?
• What were the purposes of the different types of site?
• What happened to the Exiles?
• Who/what were the foes/adversaries? and what became of them? (Thargoids..?)

------------------------------------------------

A lot of this goes a long way back, so for anyone not familiar with earlier stuff, have a read of Melville's logs to see where some of this is coming from:

Melville's Megaship, the Cete was found subsequently a while back, just past the far side of the Regor Sector. There's a few extra logs on top of those from the Galnet article, which cover the fate of the crew:

Major Update 1 - Other Guardian Bubbles

Extract from the logs from the Cete:

------------------------------------------------------------------

"24th January 3303

We received an update today – apparently Ram Tah has found some new sites. Melville scoffed when he heard the news. "Scraps from an amateur," he said. "We'll find the real secrets. Trust me."

Melville thinks there could be hundreds of sites out there. His hypothesis is that the Guardians occupied an area of space similar in size to that currently inhabited by humans, but that for some reason they were forced to migrate. He believes he can find that region of space and the Guardians' point of origin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

From Ram Tah's Guardian Logs, 23:

"This log is unusual – it appears to refer to another group of Guardian sites, far from the ones we’ve already discovered."

From Ram Tah's Guardian Logs, 26. "How extraordinary! This log suggests there are many more Guardian sites out there, waiting to be uncovered. And I mean hundreds…perhaps even thousands."

The latest news is that there appear to be a total 2 or 3 major Guardian areas that have been discovered.

These are:
  1. The main, well known Guardian area to the East of humanity's bubble. - this is centred on the Regor Sector
  2. A second, relatively unknown one roughly two thirds of the way between the bubble and Sag A. - this is centred on the IC 4673 Sector
  3. A third, still being fully confirmed, along the Centaurus Reach. - this is centred on the NGC 3603 Sector.
See locations indicated with red arrows on map, below:

Guardian locations -  medium.jpg

(Key: the lambdas indicate permit locked regions. Away from the bubble, the science symbols without the line through indicate know minor Guardian areas, and the science symbols with the line through are other things (Formidine Rift mystery related). Near the bubble there's too many thing close together to identify specific ones at this scale.)

The first two areas have various key things in common:

1. They are large areas of Braintrees
  2. They are centred on a Permit Locked Region
  3. The Permit Locked regions in question are roughly spherical and around 100 ly in radius
  4. The surrounding Braintree areas are roughly around 600-800 ly in radius
  5. The Permit Locked Region is centred on a Wolf Rayet star. - Gamma Velorum (Regor) for the Regor Sector, and Hen 2-333 for the IC 4673 Sector.
The third area appears to be a possible match on some of these characteristics (the size of the Permit Locked area seems to be roughly a match in size), but others are yet to be confirmed.

A few other (possibly) significant additional notes:

• Hen 2-333 is inside a planetary nebula. (GV is not)
  • IRL, the WR in GV A is by far the closest WR to Earth. It's also a supernova candidate.
I'll elaborate more on GV and Hen 2-333 and what we might be able to deduce in a follow up post.

To answer what might be an obvious question...

If there are other large Guardian areas, why have only a few sites been found?

The answer to this is that even with the new mechanics, the proportion of systems in a Guardian area which actually have Guardian sites appears to be tiny.

Given the Permit Locked regions in the centre of the Guardian areas, it's very likely that those are the most densely packed areas in terms of actual systems which have (or had) Guardian sites, and we are merely seeing the more thinly populated regions.

To understand the situation with the other areas, we can look at the main Guardian area. Lots of sites have been discovered in the part between the Regor Sector and the bubble, but relatively few away from there. The reality of the situation is that finding sites still relies largely on people happening to pass through a relevant system, and so sites will be found where the most traffic is. And looking at the traffic in the main Guardian area, this is what we see:

Guardian bubble 3.jpg

In other words, finding sites is effectively reliant on there being large numbers of people in the area, and there being very a large proportion of systems visited.

Even other parts of the main known Guardian area are virtually unexplored in comparison to the section between the bubble and the Regor Sector. The other Guardian Areas are almost certainly far less explored then those other parts of the main area.

What we need to do to really find sites en-masse is to search for them in large numbers.

Its the first I'd heard of it when @Davanix brought it up earlier, but from what he's said, the answer is no on the Ruins.

But yeah, the Braintree field extent is the main next thing to establish. Have already mentioned it to Davanix a few posts back:

For my part, what I did last night was to do a check for the other common factor - a WR at the centre of the permit lock.

I couldn't find one for NGC 3603, but could have missed it, so it'd be good if others could have a look as well.

Sorry for the late reply, Been working alot lately, I am unsure on the extent of the braintrees around 3603 however I didnt even know about the permit lock until i hit it spinning back around from Beagle point to the bubble, When flying around the permit lock about 3- every system i jumped through had braintrees.

I had come from the Rhadia sector just further out and hit the permit from what i can see looking at visited stars at Flyai Hypa IC-U b36-0 ( I think anyways due to mapping alot of the systems around due to hardly any being mapped) I am unsure howmany systems however after visiting adleast a full circle around the permit locked region i hit systems that where finally mapped by cmdrs on our side of the locked region, many through my trip around had braintrees however I have no screenshots unfortunately as after already mapping adleast 1000 unmapped systems i called it a day and rushed back to the bubble (Rushed meaning about 4 days of real life lol).

I am pretty sure i posted about this area in here or somewhere...it was a good time ago so sorry i cant remember where. I will try gather enough tritium and bring my FC out that way within the next few days when i have time, Im currently in Sothis (Got to do that fed grind lol) and will post when I am heading if anyone wants a lift if nothing happens from now until then.

Sorry for the late reply, Been working alot lately, I am unsure on the extent of the braintrees around 3603 however I didnt even know about the permit lock until i hit it spinning back around from Beagle point to the bubble, When flying around the permit lock about 3- every system i jumped through had braintrees.

I had come from the Rhadia sector just further out and hit the permit from what i can see looking at visited stars at Flyai Hypa IC-U b36-0 ( I think anyways due to mapping alot of the systems around due to hardly any being mapped) I am unsure howmany systems however after visiting adleast a full circle around the permit locked region i hit systems that where finally mapped by cmdrs on our side of the locked region, many through my trip around had braintrees however I have no screenshots unfortunately as after already mapping adleast 1000 unmapped systems i called it a day and rushed back to the bubble (Rushed meaning about 4 days of real life lol).

I am pretty sure i posted about this area in here or somewhere...it was a good time ago so sorry i cant remember where. I will try gather enough tritium and bring my FC out that way within the next few days when i have time, Im currently in Sothis (Got to do that fed grind lol) and will post when I am heading if anyone wants a lift if nothing happens from now until then.
No worries, sorry about the delayed reply on my part here!

If the permit lock area has Braintrees around it then we can take it that it's in a Braintree field - the question's really whether it's similar in size to the the other major Braintree fields, or if there's something different going on there.

Anyway, if you've mentioned it all in this thread a while back, sorry for not picking up on it. It'd have been of lots of interest (as it was this time), so I've either missed the post, or missed a key part of it! :D

Three major Guardian regions is very interesting! (They do like their threes!) The other question now is whether there's any other small permit locked areas which are in the middle of Braintree fields!

Report - Guardian Glyphs

Having remembered that there had been a report of new glyphs at the Guardian Structures I went to take a look.

Original report by @Jmanis :

Are these markings new? Spotted them on those little towers that have three shootable panels which have power conduits and the like.

View attachment 132156
View attachment 132157
View attachment 132158

Note how they show up much more distinctly than some of the other markings, under night vision (my headlights are off, so won't be prejudicing the highlighting)

View attachment 132159View attachment 132160View attachment 132161

This is what I found:

• At the structures there are the towers which have panels which can be shot off to obtain materials.

• Each tower has an upper, middle and lower shootable panel.

• The material obtained from shooting off the panel always corresponds with which of the three panels it is.

• The writing behind the panel also always corresponds with which of the three panels it is.

So, there is therefore also an effective correspondence between each of the materials and specific writing. (Though whether it's the material, the 'height', both, or something else that the writing describes is open to speculation.)

Details and images below:

Upper Panel - Tech Component
Guardian Tech Component - detail.jpg

Middle Panel - Power Cell

Guardian Power Cell - Detail 2.jpg

Lower Panel - Power Conduit

Guardian Power Conduit - detail.jpg

So, for each we have a combination of two (mirrored) triangle-grid glyphs, and a symbol or glyph of another form.

Possibilties:
  1. Both aspects have separate meanings both of which are pertinent
  2. Both aspects have the same meaning
  3. It's the combination of both aspects which has a single pertinent meaning.

Also, both forms are also in various places and combinations on the towers in question. For example:

Panel Tower Base 1 - Medium.jpg

Guardian Tower Conduit - Power Cell side.jpg

Guardian Tower detail 3 - med.jpg

(Plus more on other parts of the tower.)

Nothing further to report in terms of actual getting anywhere with this, but wanted to share what I had thus far.

Not sure if this has aspect of there being a correspondence of panel, material and glyphs has been reported on so far, but I don't recall it being.

@ExoForce , just tagging you in (as well as @Jmanis who's obviously already tagged in), as I think you'd said in response to Jmanis post that you'd found some stuff. Does this all correspond with what you'd found?

Last edited:
What exactly is this fleet carrier doing out in the Synuefe region of the galaxy and why does he want your Guardian Keys?

yC8M8DS.png

To find out more click the banner in my forum signature!

Question for 'first discoveries', aka Sites which has not been mapped by anyone.
Q: Will these sites show up in the FSS as "Other" (even if never disovered before) - or do we (first person) actually have to DSS scan the planet once before the next person will see it in the as 'Other'?

Top Bottom