Guardians Discussions

Finally made it out here, after two days of shoring up the BGS in my home system.

Anyone else find the Sentinels kinda...scary? They way they move and the way they look from the front... something about it just creeps me out.

Fighting them in the dark doesn’t help. On the plus side, they can be taken out from the air. I popped the two that spawned after the puzzle with the burst lasers on my AspX. Not very efficient, but I’ve only got one SRV and I ain’t taking the 30 jump round trip to get another.

Last edited:
I went over to the first Guardian Ruins I ever went to, at SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0 CD 1. There are 3 known Ruins sites there.

But now there's also a Guardian Structure. It's not like the one at SYNUEFE EU-Q C21-10. There are no pylons. But there are relics and totems and such, and sentinels.

So can you farm new Guardian blueprints, etc in pre-3.0 guardian ruin sites or do you have to go to new sites?

It's just new ones are over times further away [where is it]

On the livestream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuz6CFCo6bw they mentioned a Ram Tah mission called Decrypting the Guardian Logs. I haven't seen this mission anywhere else - does anyone else know about it and if so where do I get it?

Here's a pic of the transactions tab they showed with the mission:

uT7zCX6.png

Well, thanks to where I can go next for this mission regarding the Thargoid Entries. :) I will be doing that after the weekend.

Is anyone putting up a database of where to go for these? I got a spreadsheet open for it right now as we talk and gone through at least two of the sites so far from what Ram Tah said in his GalNet News Article (Additional: I found only three athe the Col 173 Sector location in said article and one or two repeats but I might be wrong?) It also seems there are at least two or three kinds of sites as well as the HD site was the one with the puzzle involve shooting things....that got a little hairy.

Just saw this when I selected a guardian system to jump into. HUD adds the guardian jurisdiction! Could be used to quickly find more systems?

EDIT: NM, unexplored systems come up as just that... unexplored. Oh well!

xgCWVjp.png

Last edited:
The Guardians are already dead. They wiped themselves out. These are just their version of Skimmers.
What we are likely going to have to contend with is the Guardian's AI, especially if it's gone Skynet and considers organic life something to purge.

We are lucky then, because Thargoids seem to be way more organic then us, by the time Guardians AI is finished with them we will figure something out (or SC will be released ;) )

BTW, just spotted a new Guardian Structure on Synuefe TP-F b44-0 CD 1.

It looks like a different layout, but no "puzzle" in it either. I'll get a shot later, it's a total **** to try and land at.

BTW, just spotted a new Guardian Structure on Synuefe TP-F b44-0 CD 1.

It looks like a different layout, but no "puzzle" in it either. I'll get a shot later, it's a total **** to try and land at.

I thought guardians location were to be found by triangulation, are these just randomly placed now?

I thought guardians location were to be found by triangulation, are these just randomly placed now?
No? Not that I remember anyway... the inability to locate ancient ruins was a common gripe of mine pre-"scanner".

I just happened to spot one on scanner as I jumped through systems.

Thargoid structures were found with triangulation of the TL signal between Merope, Col 70 whatever and the range from current location to new site.

EDIT: Also, just to give you an idea of how terrible landing is... ship recall has failed around 5 times now... driven 2km away and still no suitable landing zone.

Last edited:
No? Not that I remember anyway... the inability to locate ancient ruins was a common gripe of mine pre-"scanner".

I just happened to spot one on scanner as I jumped through systems.

Thargoid structures were found with triangulation of the TL signal between Merope, Col 70 whatever and the range from current location to new site.

EDIT: Also, just to give you an idea of how terrible landing is... ship recall has failed around 5 times now... driven 2km away and still no suitable landing zone.

oh ok, my fault then, I thought it was the guardian structures that were triangulated. Congrats anyway (for when you get to your ship lol)!

28 Codex entries to find from the new sites... let's go get to it :) All voice acted too! (Top Work FD!)

GbxoTnD.png

yGqWc29.png

Oooh, their Constructs rebelled!

J5Vh4nh.png

This is getting interesting!

Last edited:
28 Codex entries to find from the new sites... let's go get to it :) All voice acted too! (Top Work FD!)

This is getting interesting!

How do we get these? Is it the usual thing of having the appropriate two items in the SRV while scanning a Guardian obelisk?

Also - when you say "new sites" - do you mean the new Guardian Ruin sites or the new Guardian Structure sites?

Top Bottom