Guardians Discussions

Just poked my head back into this forum after not visiting in a while and am surprised to see there are STILL bugs with the Guardian stuff?

*Shakes head and wanders back off again...*

These guides are fab thanks I would not have the patience to do on my own .
Imam at the 1st site have unlocked 1st data using 2 X caskets. I also have 2x urns 2 orbs and 2 X totems but I cannot for the life of me find tablets. Could it be I need to get these at a different site? Thanks

Edit... This should help

https://elitepve.com/viewtopic.php?t=7179

Last edited:
Okay - I'll post the route I have just recently made - though bear in mind that I have only checked half of it (all sites and scans are accurate - I'm just checking whether it could be made more efficient). Click the link:

CMDR BRIXMIS' RAM TAH ROUTE

The last location is just a single scan - couldn't fit it in earlier, but it's the key to your bonus :) I'm currently filling in the distances between systems, how far the ruins are from the entry point and whether or not a guardian site is co-located. It's designed to be used in conjunction with canonn research's ruins maps, https://ruins.canonn.technology/#

This is the route:

SYNUEFE XR-H D11-102
SYNUEFE CE-R C21-6
SYNUEFE TP-F B44-0
HIP 39768
SYNUEFE ZL-J D10-109
COL 173 SECTOR OE-P D6-11
COL 173 SECTOR LY-Q D5-59
COL 173 SECTOR LY-Q D5-13
COL 173 SECTOR UU-O D6-30

Have fun.

Thank you for posting your route. I tried on my own once and was doing pretty good until I ran out SRV fuel. I decided to fly to another planet to find some fuel and got destroyed by another pilot and lost everything.
Before I try again, now I know to definitely stock up on SRV fuel materials.

Guardian Beacons Scrolling Images

Has anyone an idea what the scrolling images are on the three beacon pillars?

Close up here ....

2uq2nps.jpg
[/IMG]

For context, the three blue pillars have the same scrolling images. Clipper shown for scale.

143dw1g.jpg
[/IMG]

Has anyone an idea what the scrolling images are on the three beacon pillars?

Same patterns can be found on the objects at the first discovered ruins. They are captivating, aren't they?
They are not relevant story-wise, ornamental function.
On Beacon:
9k4JkMk.jpg

They can be seen e.g. on this object here (picture from CMDR Isokix):
Elite-Dangerous-10.27.2016-08.59.39.16.jpg

Last edited:
That looks interesting - we'll keep a look out for those.

Meantime I have another correction - probably already reported, as it's a well known site. Is there a list of errors or bugs with the obelisks already reported?

This one is HIP 39768 planet A14F at GR25 beta.

I 05 is showing two caskets but actually requires a totem and a casket (for culture 9), as shown on the Canonn map.

Last edited:
Okay - using the route I linked to above, I've got it completed on the 4th day - and that was with 2 days cut short due to VR sickness in the SRV, so I'd say a good 3 days should do the job. I strongly recommend those about to take it on, to equip a detailed surface scanner. If you do all the systems you pass through (the main stuff, not every single object) you should net a nice 20 million from cartography to top up your reward. Will also be more help towards explorer rank, if you need it.

ramtahdone2.jpg

PS - a huge thanks to Canonn Research and everyone who helped to make it so much easier for the rest of us! [yesnod]

Last edited:
Is there anything hidden in the scrolling patterns of the guardian beacons or are they just supposed to be creepy looking?
Sometimes it almost looks like figures or faces.
They seem to repeat after ca 3 mins.

Edit: They are best to be seen when you approach from below. There is an open area on the 3 big slate like things.

[video=youtube_share;7ZxoxocWlA0]https://youtu.be/7ZxoxocWlA0[/video]

Last edited:
Is there anything hidden in the scrolling patterns of the guardian beacons or are they just supposed to be creepy looking?

Looks cool at least. I'm going to take a better look at this. [up]

Edit: They are best to be seen when you approach from below. There is an open area on the 3 big slate like things.

I have been staring at these at an installation and been wondering what they might represent. To me, they look like solved sonograms (pictures in a sound map), which is odd. I wonder if they offer a clue to something else. I can't believe FD went to all the trouble of including them without pointing to something mysterious.

Are they different at different installations? See my photos at post#1464 above

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like I'm peeing on people's chips, but the skeptical cynic in me suspects that these mean nothing. What do I base that on, you say? We've all been here before with the original Guardian ruins and the 'glyphs' they portrayed, not to mention the strange iconography all over the sites and the different site layouts as well.

Then there was also the Thargoid map that had many people scratching their heads, but no-one has seeminly 'solved'. I'd love for all this symbolism to mean something and once-upon-a-time I would have thought it did, but these days I think it's all just set-dressing.

Alas, only looking pretty. Ornamental only.

As for Thargoid map (TS) IHMO, 99,98% procedural generated with no 1on1 relation (for now), just symbolic depicting different phases of Thargoid bases. You can see similar rotating effect if You observe Thargoid uplink from the back side.
F7jXXXZ.png

Last edited:
I don't want to sound like I'm peeing on people's chips, but the skeptical cynic in me suspects that these mean nothing. What do I base that on, you say? We've all been here before with the original Guardian ruins and the 'glyphs' they portrayed, not to mention the strange iconography all over the sites and the different site layouts as well.

Then there was also the Thargoid map that had many people scratching their heads, but no-one has seeminly 'solved'. I'd love for all this symbolism to mean something and once-upon-a-time I would have thought it did, but these days I think it's all just set-dressing.

Yes, I hear what you say on this .... we're only mildly speculating on this one because of all the pre-history with FD

I have been staring at these at an installation and been wondering what they might represent. To me, they look like solved sonograms (pictures in a sound map), which is odd. I wonder if they offer a clue to something else. I can't believe FD went to all the trouble of including them without pointing to something mysterious.

Are they different at different installations? See my photos at post#1464 above

I cant remember, is there sound at a Guardian beacon? If so might be worth checking the spectrum& sonogram.....

Hear what you say, but the fact that we never solved this doesn’t mean its not a valid puzzle. Yes, a lot of the iconography seems to be set dressing, but those glyphs seem to me to be more consistent.

if by “thargoid map” you mean the UP sonogram then it seems to be instructions how to use UA, UP & UL to find thargoid structures, which supports the idea that FD have indeed put hidden things into the game. If you mean the map that was supposedly revealed during a livestream, well.........

Hear what you say, but the fact that we never solved this doesn’t mean its not a valid puzzle. Yes, a lot of the iconography seems to be set dressing, but those glyphs seem to me to be more consistent.

But also - and many peoples' mileage will vary, I admit - the chance that something is just set dressing doesn't necessarily mean we can't have fun chasing wild geese / our tails.

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Ancient Raxxlaian proverb.

Last edited:
I admit - the chance that something is just set dressing doesn't necessarily mean we can't have fun chasing wild geese / our tails.

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." - Ancient Raxxlanian proverb.

Wisdom! Rep!

The chance that something is just set dressing doesn't necessarily mean we can't find other stuff, not directly related.

People spent enormous amount of time with great effort to decode triangles on the bases of relic tower. There are 6 groups of triangles on guardian objects:

1. 1 large with 2 one side and 2 on the other side (both pairs vertical)
2. 1 large (no small ones)
3. 1 large filled with 6 small ones
4. 1 large with 2 small horizontal and 2 on the other side vertical
5. 2 small horizontal, no large , 4 small grouped 2x2
6. cannot recall from the head, will edit

All other variants are just mirrored or flipped.

Don't know if they have any story-wise meaning. Tracing the origin of alien visual content is my game.

Last edited:

I have to agree.

So many commanders, including myself, plugged hundreds of hours in trying to unravel various hypotheses at the Ancient Ruins... So much research... And it has led to nothing.

I would love for more, but with Frontier, they are only a "what you see is what you get" and nothing more. I think that because they added the Thargoid Sensors and Probes, and people decode those sounds, it led people to believe in other stuff having a potential deeper mystery in the game to unravel...

They changed the background music at all guardian sites, and changed the "placeholder" imagery with actual working glyphs on the obelisks as a way of gently letting people down...

I have to agree...

...They changed the background music at all guardian sites, and changed the "placeholder" imagery with actual working glyphs on the obelisks as a way of gently letting people down...

I wouldn't say gentle. That was more of a blatant eat a bird and die. We directly asked if it was a puzzle after grueling months of trying to decipher them. Nothing. Started seeing a deliberate pattern in the glyphs and was sure was onto something. Then swap! The glyphs changed... No reach around, nothing. Just whatever time you wasted doesn't matter.

The glyphs didn't just change to look like something. They completely changed. They were now bigger; different from the previous interface. And it's not like you "activate" something in the ruin that makes them change, per ruin. They changed.... Everywhere even the places we haven't been to.

Which is fine... Like that's cool if you want to add game play, or change things up. But a little openness goes a long way to removing hard feelings.

"Hey, we keep trying to crack the glyphs, but can't find anything. Is it even supposed to be a hidden puzzle?"

"Nope. The obelisks are there just for the object interface puzzle."

"Got it. Thanks!"

Or

"Yup"

"Got it I'll keep working on it."

The silence is what killed me... You literally have nothing to lose by yes or no.

I wasted days worth of outside game time being maddened by those things. Then in one fell swoop they changed.

You know what didn't change... The relic LOL. Still the same old looking glyph. You know what it means... Nothing. Fragile please handle with care. LOL!

Guardian structures comes around. Everything everywhere just magically changes. New lore drops trying to explain it, which does a pee poor job at doing it and adds more discrepancies in the story. Not even New mechanic or puzzle. Same just redressed!

Just really poorly executed. New structures are cool, but man they lack a sense of quality that you just can't be helped to be annoyed with. I just stopped with them all together. Out in the black wasting time tagging stuff until new stuff comes around.

I hate... With a passion this drip fed stuff... New patch comes out... Hey guys, go search here and there...

For an exploration game, there really seems to be nothing out there to explore. Tools of the future are really lacking too.

...So much potential... Constantly wasted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom