Guardians Discussions

I have edited my Ram Tah mission route lists so that it can be read by people like myself - who play in VR and are spectacle wearers, so that we don't have to fumble for our specs in between scans. As this makes less fit on one page - and to make things easier to keep tabs on what has been done - I have also added the amount of sites at each planet, and the amount of scans per site. I've also added the link to my sig. Hope it's found useful.

I'm just going round the route for the 3rd time, and am finding it far easier and less of a chore after these edits. I'm also finding that the scans are going fine every time - so whether FD have been tweaking, I don't know, but it sure seems to be a lot more hassle-free than the previous two trips. There still is the odd erroneous "Scan failed" message on the HUD, but at the same time the successful scan message is in the comms panel, so no big deal.

Edit: I take that back - the many bugs are still present. Someone attempting to complete the mission without knowledge of Cannon.science's existence or a route/info to help them would probably be very frustrated.

Last edited:
i cant find the answer by google or searching here so... why are the guardians CALLED the guardians? is that what they called themselves? if we humans called them that then why? its been bugging me and driving me nuts. im currently on my way to look at some guardian ruins... would be nice to know.

and have we seen any irradiated planets yet? or would the guardian homeworlds no longer be radioactive?

i cant find the answer by google or searching here so... why are the guardians CALLED the guardians? is that what they called themselves? if we humans called them that then why? its been bugging me and driving me nuts. im currently on my way to look at some guardian ruins... would be nice to know.

and have we seen any irradiated planets yet? or would the guardian homeworlds no longer be radioactive?
It’s just a name that Ram Tah came up with. It’s because of their society having an expectation of mutual protection (at least at the point being looked at by Ram Tah at that stage). It’s in one of the Language logs IIRC.

I found a guardian beacon at Synuefe DK-P c22-35 3. Leads to Synuefe EN-H d11-29 6 b, -37.56, -125.58. Haven't explored the ruins yet, just acquired the key. Neither system is on the spreadsheet, so is this a new find? EN-H D11-29 is, but is the beacon new?

Last edited:
Followed the Codex to ic 2391 sector hg-x b1-8 and did the spiel with the pylons but the terminal wouldn't accept an ancient relic, so I guess this means it's a ship blueprint site. Didn't find it on Canonn listed, so it may be a new/undiscovered one.

Can anyone help me please. i have been trying to get the guardian fsd for days now with no success. just keeps saying no new data found when i complete the puzzle of unlocking the 6 statues. and it will not let me even drop the relic in the slot am i doing something wrong or what did i miss

Can anyone help me please. i have been trying to get the guardian fsd for days now with no success. just keeps saying no new data found when i complete the puzzle of unlocking the 6 statues. and it will not let me even drop the relic in the slot am i doing something wrong or what did i miss

See Cmdr Exigeous’ fsd booster youtube, he explains it very clearly.

You're using the composition scanner.

You need to use the datalink scanner.

Don't know if this is widespread knowledge at the moment, but whilst doing the scans in the SYNUEFE area, if you need to get to a starport, there's an asteroid based one in PENCIL Sector EL-Y D5 A5 called New Growth. It also has a shipyard and outfitting as well as Interstellar Factors.

It wasn't on EDDB when I was trying to find the nearest starport, but I stumbled across it by accident when needing urgent repairs. It's worth scanning the whole system with your FSS, too ;)

Last edited:
Don't know if this is widespread knowledge at the moment, but whilst doing the scans in the SYNUEFE area, if you need to get to a starport, there's an asteroid based one in PENCIL Sector EL-Y D5 A5 called New Growth. It also has a shipyard and outfitting as well as Interstellar Factors.

It wasn't on EDDB when I was trying to find the nearest starport, but I stumbled across it by accident when needing urgent repairs. It's worth scanning the whole system with your FSS, too ;)

It’s been around fir a while. I found it via EDDB early last year when I was out searching for Guardian beacons.

Sounds like my first visit, spent ages dropping the ancient relic on the hole and wondering why it didn't go down.

You need to find an ancient key instead, they can be found at the guardian beacons in space.

There's a list of known beacons on the Canonn spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Rx4tpNvZxqVrElrSjnXgIUxUjnX8SMsJVbnZ/pubhtml#

Look on the site list tab.

Once you have the key (or even a few) then revisit the site again, complete the six "statues" and then drop it in the slot.

Is that right? I got the Guardian FSD and I've never been to a Guardian beacon. I did it all at the site - collected the item, opened and charges the statues, killed the attackers and dropped the item in front and scanned the ball that raised up.

Is that right? I got the Guardian FSD and I've never been to a Guardian beacon. I did it all at the site - collected the item, opened and charges the statues, killed the attackers and dropped the item in front and scanned the ball that raised up.

Yep, as per post #3.
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Discussions?p=5967773&viewfull=1#post5967773

If I recall correctly when 3.0 was first released you could get blueprints from obelisk scans but they fixed that after a week or so.

If anyone has a nice aerial close-up hi-res picture of the ancient key dropping point at guardian structures, I would be grateful.

it is the origin of many guardian's stuff and I would like to check some wider implication.

Wow - the Guardian structure at SYNUEFE GT-H B43-1 has a real excess of artefacts - and has nice parking for a Python-sized ship, as well, right next to the blueprint globe structure bit:

https://i.postimg.cc/HLXDP8sH/Screenshot-0037.jpg

Gives excellent cover with a top-mounted point defence module and is really handy for storing the artefacts in the back 'n' forth due to the low SRV load. The pylon dance is very easy here, too, and plenty of Sentinels for parts.

I also did the Ram Tah mission a week or so ago, as I have bought a second account, and got over 1.5 million in cartography - which is a nice little bonus to the 111million reward. Can't remember how much I got for scans before 3.3, but I do know I also was able to park an Orca next to another structure, so it doesn't always have to be a DBX or small ship. On this occasion, I'd miscalculated how many blueprints I needed and couldn't switch to my DBX, having too much cargo on board (the other materials necessary for unlocking Guardian tech), so having been able to park the Orca, I risked using the Python.

Despite the warning that the ship will be moved further away when exiting, it stays right where it is - so relogging is a comfy option, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom