Guardians Discussions

Are these markings new? Spotted them on those little towers that have three shootable panels which have power conduits and the like.

Note how they show up much more distinctly than some of the other markings, under night vision (my headlights are off, so won't be prejudicing the highlighting)

Are these markings new? Spotted them on those little towers that have three shootable panels which have power conduits and the like.

Note how they show up much more distinctly than some of the other markings, under night vision (my headlights are off, so won't be prejudicing the highlighting)

IIRC, there are 14 different patters. Those are marking for energized objects and items on them.
I have already prepared an expose but was annoyed when the new artist dropped them all over the beacons
not following convention so I archived all. Aesthetic only, origin - drop point in front of ball-sites

It's unfortunate that their thought-out purpose was so easily thrown by the wayside for new assets. Doesn't bode well for this kind of content in the future. Nor for muh immershun, which in ED, for me at least, actually matters.

IIRC, there are 14 different patterns. Those are markings for energized objects and items on them.
I have already prepared an expose but was annoyed when the new artist dropped them all over the beacons
not following convention so I archived all. Aesthetic only, origin - drop point in front of ball-sites

This ^^.

Someone starts with a plan. It's executed nicely.
It has a mystery attached.

Left hand of Frontier doesn't know what Right hand is doing.

Plan becomes meaningless.

This ^^.

Someone starts with a plan. It's executed nicely.
It has a mystery attached.

Left hand of Frontier doesn't know what Right hand is doing.

Plan becomes meaningless.

Mmmh.. I remember the original obelisk patterns, and the amount of study that went into them, then they just became representations of the items needed. I think the latter is a more sane option, but should've been that way from the get-go, not changed after the fact.

Mmmh.. I remember the original obelisk patterns, and the amount of study that went into them, then they just became representations of the items needed. I think the latter is a more sane option, but should've been that way from the get-go, not changed after the fact.

I am sure that it was the plan but players jumped the gun

We found the sites before Halsey even got to tell us about them and then found the rest of the site types decoded them before Ram Tah could have a 2nd CG to unlock the pattern, so it was saved for the second set of Guardian sites rather than have it as an after thought for the first set.

I wonder when the far off Guardian clusters will be of use in the story line
Wonder if that was where the fighter blueprints were to be, given Ram Tahs original comment of far far away, but then it was thought it be too far, so they put them in the original Guardian bubble

While on this topic, I thought I'd throw this out there: I've just recently completed an extensive survey of the core region looking for more Guardian sites. The furthest away ones that have been found (as far as I know) are the ones CMDR Baton located on the southeastern edge of the core. I started there, originally with 2 other CMDRs, and completed a counterclockwise circuit alone around the outer edge of the core bulge, visiting just about every nebula near it outside and inside. Since I don't play very frequently, this has taken several months of enjoyable solitude, finally arriving in Colonia a few weeks ago.

The end result was: nada. It's of course possible I've missed some, but honestly if I stayed out there longer I'd go bonkers.

The most interesting thing found (aside from biological surface stuff, mollusks etc.) was BLEIA5 YE-A H30
A nebula just northeast of the core which is permit locked, and I was not able to enter.

Anyone got any pointers on where to land an exploraconda at the Guardian ruins on HD 63154 B3 A ?. Long time player but first time trying the Guardians, so rigged out a really lightweight 53ly jump range Anaconda, arrived at the ruins but could not find a landing spot looked around for a while but just got "unsuitable terrain" message everywhere. I was contemplating moving away a bit but it seems to be very mountainous all around. On the point of doing that when an Asp arrived, watched him for a while and at first he was having difficulties too but then he found a site and landed. I thought I will have to wait until it all reboots now anyway, so thought I would park up at a nearby planet and come and ask you clever chaps here.

Anyone got any pointers on where to land an exploraconda at the Guardian ruins on HD 63154 B3 A ?. Long time player but first time trying the Guardians, so rigged out a really lightweight 53ly jump range Anaconda, arrived at the ruins but could not find a landing spot looked around for a while but just got "unsuitable terrain" message everywhere. I was contemplating moving away a bit but it seems to be very mountainous all around. On the point of doing that when an Asp arrived, watched him for a while and at first he was having difficulties too but then he found a site and landed. I thought I will have to wait until it all reboots now anyway, so thought I would park up at a nearby planet and come and ask you clever chaps here.

Many of them are located in very rough terrain. I'd recommend taking a small ship (DBX or Cobra). If you take a large ship there's a good chance you'll have to park at a distance and drive in. Some sites don't have a readily apparent landing site for a large ship for 50 km+.

Last edited:
I was looking into the guardian obelisks with bypassband filter. to me the obelisks are playing musical notes. got me thinking maybe it not data packet but a musical cryptogram.

Source: https://youtu.be/N38RNgqLOoM
There was a fair bit of research into that a year or so ago... nothing interesting was discovered at that time.

Doesn't mean there isn't anything (though i don't share that opinion personally)... just that if its anything, it's non trivial.

I know it's been research years ago. some that did the research thought was some forum a data packet. but never thought it could be musical.

I do believe that the view of a constellation has something to do with it. I followed what looks to be that same constellation and its the witchhead nebula i think..

Top Bottom