Guess there's no turning back now. I'm on my longest voyage to date.

I did not think it was actually that far but it is. Original plan was too head too TIR cause had it bookmark for the longest time. I departed from Lembava, 100 something jumps as of now, have 300 plus jumps to make it to TIR still.

So far have discovered some strange crystal floating things and a water world among other things that whoever was before me never found. I'm lying in a brand new Krait Phantom all deck out for exploration, my jump is basically 48 LY...I'm in no rush.

So since I'll be going that far, might as well head for the center of Sag "A" before heading back to the bubble.

I'm just not sure if I am ready for such a task...might lose my marbles way out there.

Reward will be, I'll be Elite in Exploration.

Last edited:
Nice little trip :) When you take trip to other side of galaxy distances are really starting to eat you. From the Abyss Colonia feels like kind of suburbia of the Bubble.

48Ly isn't bad though. More than my first exploration vessel, which I happened to ram into a certain world's surface, because of... beer. While I'm here, let me say this: Don't drink & fly! ;)

Anyway, you got enough jump range.. Might as well try and push that ship to the edges.. or to almost wherever you wanna go.

Ah right, please do visit Sag A*! It's an interesting thing to experience. :)

So far it's been a lot of system scanning so slow going but I am leaving a breadcrumb trail behind me.

I need to ask, what is so special about Carcosa? I will go there cause it been mention twice now.

Yep)

Attachments

• Carcosa(Robardin Rock)_00022.jpg
    Carcosa(Robardin Rock)_00022.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 236
This is so heartwarming to read. Makes me remember my first (and also my second) journey out of the bubble. The first was to the Crab Pulsar. I was soooo excited. Nowadays it's a pit stop on my way south (if I'm heading south). Found my first undiscovered world and system and Water world and towards the end even en ELW. Don't forget to make pictures! But that was just the test for the second journey to Beagle Point via the Orion Cygnus Arm. … Ooooh I was still sooooo excited … But that's a story for another time ;)

Great to read - enjoy the trip. :cool:
My first long trip was, of course, to SgrA*. I stopped just one jump away to take a selfie from a nearby system - and promptly crashed into the surface - whoops :(
So, take care right up to the time you dock!! (remembering to ask for permission!)

Yeah, 48 ly really isn't bad for jump range. That's what I had when I did my first trip to Colonia + Sgr-A*.

I love seeing people starting to dip their toes into the water, and discovering that the water is inviting. ;)

Fired up the ship this morning before I get ready for the real world/work. So far I have made a few discoveries but this morning found a ELW.
Slow going cause I scan almost every system and will fly to any 8th moon of a gas giant...just in case Rax is there, LOL.

Ok...I just witness something I have never seen before. I finished scanning 52 bodies, one gas planet has eight moons,actually 10 counting the twins. Went to the eight one and while doing a surface scan, something left the ice moon, could only see it while in surface scan mode. Have no idea where it went.

Is it possible one of my shots bounce back or this this for real!?

Ok...I just witness something I have never seen before. I finished scanning 52 bodies, one gas planet has eight moons,actually 10 counting the twins. Went to the eight one and while doing a surface scan, something left the ice moon, could only see it while in surface scan mode. Have no idea where it went.

Is it possible one of my shots bounce back or this this for real!?
You probably overshot the target,

Deleted member 166264

D
I've been hitting systems after systems where no one has been before, No ELW's found yet.

I'm making my first trip to Beagle Point and was having the same luck. I had found one going to Colonia and one going from there to Sag A. Both had already been discovered. From Sag A I had made 500 jumps and didn't cross a single ELW. Today I have discovered five. :D

Top Bottom