Guess there's no turning back now. I'm on my longest voyage to date.

Well enough for tonight, nothing special found except for a 50 plus scan in a system, that's a lot of scanning in one spot.

My ship, Monkeys Eyebrow, is showing the effects of space travel, it's getting character. I had just bought it before embarking on this journey, getting it all ready, paint job and all that stuff. It's been a good ship to travel in but Astra pixxes me off at times. She likes to ignore me at times no matter how many times I repeat myself.

This voyage is also giving me a chance to fine tune my controls though I need to learn and bind my controls to get full use of the camera.

Till tomorrow, Live long and prosper.

Most of my exploration as Seizewell Warrior was done in a 47LY AspX. Now flying as "Alton Barnes" in a 59.5LY Anaconda. Those extra 12 LY do make a difference though it is still a long way, whichever way you cut it. I'm currently grinding up the Outer Arm, as far to the edge as the route plotter will calculate its path. Just reached my second waypoint yesterday evening, put the next one in for 16 - 17K LY further up and that's 330 jumps and still probably another 30K LY after that to the Beagle! Then, after the now customary day excursion to and picnic at Semotus (sp) Beacon, there's that long, long 65KLY trek back to the Bubble.

The good thing is that since departing Explorer's End, I've only encountered a handful of previously discovered systems. No ELW's so far, but plenty of water worlds or ammonia planets and gas giants with life so they will make a fair bit towards my Elite rating, if/when I get back to the Bubble. I was surface scanning at one point but with so much distance to cover I've pretty much abandoned that. I also set out with the intention of a FSS in every third system, but that has dropped back to every fifth or you just don't seem to be making much progress.

That's awesome. I could have built my ship to do 60+ LY jumps but I'm ok with the range I have at the moment. I could have use my ASP X which is build to do 55 LY but wanted to take the Phantom out for a spin around the block, lol.

I scan almost every system but only surface scan the eight planet of a gas giant just in case it has something to do with Raxxla. There are not many gas giants with eight planets/moons but it's just a little thing I decided to do...never know...right?

I think your right, probe probably went around.

Never tried to find the angle, but since we have to slingshot round to hit the far side we can presumably slingshot right round and back past us rather than just flying off past the planet.

The question is, can we get a probe into orbit, it'd be a fairly rapidly decaying one for sure but in real life we could presumably get it to go round several times before it lands if we aimed it just right...

Almost done my first leg of my voyage, 100+ jumps to go and a stop here and there before heading to Sag A.

Skipping quite a few systems now as there really isn't anything worth scanning at most of them. Boredom has not set in just yet but it is lonely out there, have not seen another commander but have cross path through one system near where I am now.

I tell you something though, it easy to doze off at times, lol.

Never tried to find the angle, but since we have to slingshot round to hit the far side we can presumably slingshot right round and back past us rather than just flying off past the planet.

The question is, can we get a probe into orbit, it'd be a fairly rapidly decaying one for sure but in real life we could presumably get it to go round several times before it lands if we aimed it just right...
I think that would be difficult, considering dead stop is not possible in sc, and planetary g is variable.No reason not to try,of course:)But it would be a fluke shot, imo.

Deleted member 166264

D
I found playing my own iTunes playlist helped with the dozing off a bit.

Made it to Carcosa, evaded two interdiction on my way to the asteroid base and sold my data, made lots of first discoveries.

Ship integrity was down to 34 percent so yeah, my paint job on the ship now has character. So gonna unlock one of the engineers while I'm in the neighborhood before tackling the 2nd leg of my voyage.

Long journeys are a chore at first, but once you get used to it and develop your own rythm, it becomes quite enjoyable,i've found.

And when you really get fed up with jump counter going down glacially slow, just get into neutron highway and blast those light years away....

Last edited:
Yeah, white dwarfs are the murderous, evil siblings to neutron stars. Beautiful to behold, but way too much risk and difficulty for too small of a bonus. ;)

Making a supply run with only a 32 cargo rack sucks, just need to do 7 runs with that. Tried to see if i could buy a cargo ship without spending too much and so far haven't found anything i want, even the cargo racks are small around here it seems. One station only has two ships, LOL.

Can't wait till my flight pedals get here as it's not very pretty with what I am using now, makes entering stations interesting,

Maybe I'll try it if I really, really get bored and lose my marbles. For now just gathering data and reaping the credits.

I am not planning on doing this again but you never know, maybe Beagle Point in the future with a ship that does about 80ly jumps.
I plan on maybe getting a Beluga or Type 10 once I get back, have my other preferred ships in storage back home.

Done here, time to head for my first Black Hole that is only 239 jumps away. That is probably the shortest leg of this whole voyage thing so guess it's a hop, skip and a jump away.

Got a couple things engineered and blueprinted so that will come in handy once back home and use on my other ships.

Top Bottom