Guest can look throught Rocks

So... is your dev team suggesting that brick wall barrier cause performance issues? That's quite pathetic tbh.

Because it would be so damn easy to implement the system used in brick wall layers to the null barrier. Make the null barrier - by default - have the properties of the brick wall barrier. If the player wants guest to look through at specific points, toggle the "window" option in that section of the barrier so guests can look through.

Hello all, thanks for providing us feedback on this! The team had a look into this, and don't expect to make changes to this system. The reason for this is because increasing the accuracy of the visibility system, would result in a significant decrease in performance. The team would like to suggest you use the barrier workarounds as from this thread. Thank you! :)
Reworking the system might have a significant performance increase, but there's a much simpler solution they really should consider. You could add a setting to any barrier that guests can see through that's let you manually set whether a barrier is a viewing area or not.
Code-wise, this is just the opposite of giving a barrier a window, just without the visual aspect. Adding a window tells the game, "guests can see through this barrier now".
Enabling the setting I'm suggesting would tell the game, "guests can no longer see through this barrier".

A setting like this gives you so much more freedom in controlling how guests view habitats. While yes, you can do this now by putting down a concrete barrier and hiding it, there are many instances in which they are difficult to hide. Think of a wall of foliage, like in this example image, I've had to add a lot more foliage than I would have wanted, because I had to hide the concrete barrier inside it. If I could have just set the mesh fence to be "not a viewing area", this would have been way easier, and looked better.

While I would like a null barrier that guests can't see through...I think it might get a little confusing for younger players (especially if the difference is defined by a small toggle in a sub-menu). I vote for vista points. Not sure if vistas were encompassed in Chante's reply in this thread or not.

This is also why we need a tour guide/presenter/ talk giver staff member to make an attraction out of a specific area in the habitat, that draws animals over during the presentation. Some animals need huge areas of land and water and this is great for their needs/happiness but it will always mean guests dislike that habitat.

I hope Frontier can come up with a work-around too and that the final note on this isn't that we should place concrete walls everywhere.

While I would like a null barrier that guests can't see through...I think it might get a little confusing for younger players (especially if the difference is defined by a small toggle in a sub-menu). I vote for vista points. Not sure if vistas were encompassed in Chante's reply in this thread or not.

This is also why we need a tour guide/presenter/ talk giver staff member to make an attraction out of a specific area in the habitat, that draws animals over during the presentation. Some animals need huge areas of land and water and this is great for their needs/happiness but it will always mean guests dislike that habitat.

I hope Frontier can come up with a work-around too and that the final note on this isn't that we should place concrete walls everywhere.
I don't think it would be, but even if it was that's not a valid excuse to not do imo. I still want vista points added, but I'm now fully onboard with adding an option to null barriers that make them not see through.

While I would like a null barrier that guests can't see through...I think it might get a little confusing for younger players (especially if the difference is defined by a small toggle in a sub-menu). I vote for vista points
I don't really see how this would be any more confusing than the "Habitat Perimeter" toggle :p Frontier always has a bunch of small toggles and stuff everywhere, I honestly don't see how this would be more confusing than other toggles 🤷‍♂️

Also, I don't think it's an vista points or non-see through null barriers. I think it's both. Sure, vista points will lead people to specific places, but they won't prevent them from going to watch animals from spots you don't want them to watch the animals from...

Top Bottom