Guest can look throught Rocks

I have build a bridge over my (huge) flamingo habitat, it is made from rock and has no "windows " where guest can look through.
Yet guests stop on the bridge to look at the flamingo's

Last edited:
I've noticed this, too, and haven't had much of an issue with it previously. I've never had guests in my reptile house stop in the middle of the path and try to look at the animals through the solid wood walls. They always walked to the open viewing area.

But now, I can't get them to use that area at all. They all just stand in the middle of the main path and make it completely congested, and then complain that they "can't even tell it's a Nile Monitor from here!"

I still use non-see through habitat fences to stop that from happening by burying/placing them in the ground/rocks.
I only use the "null" one when I want the guests to see them.

Those are the only type of fences in the game that stops that from happening.

Sometimes its really kinda weird

1-Kopie-Kopie-2-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-2.jpg

I guess you used the "null" barrier. Change it to something non see through, problem solved.

I tried that. If your barrier so much as grazes a path or water, it doesn't work. Making "walkthrough" habitats without using the clunky guest gate would be impossible. My bear mountain, that I've been working on for over a month, would be completely broken.

Frontier should add vista points and disallow viewing through rocks and opaque construction materials, because those are basic mechanics that you would expect from a game where you are scored on guest happiness, and guest happiness is influenced by views of the animals. Problem solved.

I tried that. If your barrier so much as grazes a path or water, it doesn't work. Making "walkthrough" habitats without using the clunky guest gate would be impossible. My bear mountain, that I've been working on for over a month, would be completely broken.

Frontier should add vista points and disallow viewing through rocks and opaque construction materials, because those are basic mechanics that you would expect from a game where you are scored on guest happiness, and guest happiness is influenced by views of the animals. Problem solved.

True, adding other mechanics that could sort this out would be great.
But I was referring to the picture of Fortunanovesia, in that circumstance it definitely works when you hide the barriers inside the rocks. I do that too.

True, adding other mechanics that could sort this out would be great.
But I was referring to the picture of Fortunanovesia, in that circumstance it definitely works when you hide the barriers inside the rocks. I do that too.
well either way, i think its already implemented in the game for animals that walls and rocks are some kind of "solid" barrier they cannot get trough, so why not fix the guests problem so the walls are solid and sightblocking :) im sure that was the plan from the beginning to be able to use the null barrier and cover it up if wanted by the player

well either way, i think its already implemented in the game for animals that walls and rocks are some kind of "solid" barrier they cannot get trough, so why not fix the guests problem so the walls are solid and sightblocking :) im sure that was the plan from the beginning to be able to use the null barrier and cover it up if wanted by the player

I totally agree, but maybe that will have an effect on performance?
So having a limited objects with that property is the only way to go.

I wouldn't know. But the suggestions made are good in every way!

It's not per se a problem with the game, but with the way you are constructing and the use of the null barrier.

Even inside rocks you need to use "non-see through barriers". Those are the only objects in game that obstructs vision.

Scenery objects, like walls, trees and rocks do nothing to obstruct vision.

I'm not sure how much changing that would affect performance.

edit: It is very hard to place raised barriers, so for bridge type structures this can be a thing yeah.

Last edited:
I think you can do the opposite solution, by making invisible barriers have a toggle that makes them non viewable. That way you can put them pretty much everywhere.

That's a good suggestion!
Untill we have something like that though, what I mention is the only solution.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hello all, thanks for providing us feedback on this! The team had a look into this, and don't expect to make changes to this system. The reason for this is because increasing the accuracy of the visibility system, would result in a significant decrease in performance. The team would like to suggest you use the barrier workarounds as from this thread. Thank you! :)

Hello all, thanks for providing us feedback on this! The team had a look into this, and don't expect to make changes to this system. The reason for this is because increasing the accuracy of the visibility system, would result in a significant decrease in performance. The team would like to suggest you use the barrier workarounds as from this thread. Thank you! :)
I know you probably won’t be able to comment on this, but the “workaround” suggested here, and adding the vista points from Planet Coaster would be the ideal fix for this once and for all :)

Top Bottom